( search forums )
On the Subject of Clans
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Elephant_Hunter
November 7, 2005, 9:55 am
Soldat Clans seem to come and go so quickly. I never really took part in any clan until just recently.

Being a member of a clan helped me take notice of what other clans are out there. Before I'd just ignore any player with a clan tag altogether (subconsciously, mind you.) Now I see and compare on a daily basis.

Curiosity has gotten the best of me, so I have to ask. What clan do you think is the best? Worst? Most mature? Least?

What does it take to be a "good" clan? Are clans even worth the time?

i am ahab
November 7, 2005, 10:13 am
sadly i just don't have the time to give to being in a clan atm. i'd like to, but.... excuses excuses :p

Social Poison
November 7, 2005, 10:40 am
These best/worst/etc threads aren't any good for anyone. They all just turn into who's got the biggest [CENSORED] contests or some other form of flamebait.

As far as what makes a good clan? Communication and structure. As clans get bigger it's important that the leader(s) become proactive in finding matches and rotating players. Yeah, you can have a big clan slam through people with a key few members, but make sure to give your "lesser" skilled players play in scrims or whatever so they feel like part of the clan. Good clans are brotherhoods where the members feel a connection.

mickle89
November 7, 2005, 10:48 am
My theory: I don't join clans that I'm offered a place in. I want clans to fight over me until there are stacks that want me and then as people say "there is a price for everything."

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 12:10 pm
do not absolutely do not join a clan if you beat the leader seriously if you do then your clan sucks.... or if you do deathmatch on all of them and you pwn them

Meandor
November 7, 2005, 12:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascoodo not absolutely do not join a clan if you beat the leader seriously if you do then your clan sucks.... or if you do deathmatch on all of them and you pwn them

You're so arrogant. A leader doesn't necessarily need to be skilled, he needs to know tactics, the other clans and many other things that go beyond skill.

.Loki
November 7, 2005, 4:22 pm
it seems to be pretty much dead now, but back in the day AWH was the [CENSORED]. Sniph, Reaper, and I kicked some ass, hardcore status.

.alex.oner.
November 7, 2005, 4:37 pm
there are pleanty of good clans.. i have to admit that in my opinion, i think EF is the best clan at the moment, although some of their tactics are pretty lame (like all spraying), but that still doesn't dissmiss the fact that they can own alot of other clans.. an argument in tnl at the moment is how the groups are arranged, tnl a is for pro clans, b for real good clans, c for good clans, and d for new clans, which i think tnl-d is stupid, as the groups should be organised by the skill of the clan, not how long it has been alive for.. example of this si the clan im in, Apocalypse, even though it has been around for only 2or3 months, it has beaten clans in the tnl-a group, so yea, if your looking to join a clan, it doesn't have to have a good history, cause alot of fairly new clans can still own..

Cookie.
November 7, 2005, 4:54 pm
I owned you in ctf Elephant Hunter >: ), which is why SK is teh best and CooSK*e is teh best soldater ever :)

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 5:00 pm
Try to a find a clan that's active and does matches often. Don't join a clan that never does matches. It won't be fun. :(

ThaD
November 7, 2005, 7:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascoodo not absolutely do not join a clan if you beat the leader seriously if you do then your clan sucks.... or if you do deathmatch on all of them and you pwn them

do not join a clan which has a leader I would say

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 7:28 pm
Realistic wise you have 8m, |n|8|v|, <:BW:>, -:TA:-, [OWNED], |Rb|T|, {WG}, AKA was disbanded I think, [Oops], ]S:K[, :[DS]:, PC, [P.E.S.T], also i'm not sure if [RSC]is still around, and of course other ones I don't know about or forgot to mention :s.

I love the clan i'm in, but other ones that are super nice to us are especially |n|8|v|, <:BW:>, 8m, and [Oops]. There are too many to name, I like 'em all.

crazymonkey
November 7, 2005, 8:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by .Lokiit seems to be pretty much dead now, but back in the day AWH was the [CENSORED]. Sniph, Reaper, and I kicked some ass, hardcore status.

New version is Iv now, consisting of Sniph, Coltronic, Devil, Proxy, and.. Predd. All but Colt and Predd were in Awh.

Reaper works on his site now, pixelinfusion.net or something, and even though I joined in AWH's 'last months' and you probably never met me, I am leader of my own clan now. :o

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 9:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by crazymonkeyquote:Originally posted by .Lokiit seems to be pretty much dead now, but back in the day AWH was the [CENSORED]. Sniph, Reaper, and I kicked some ass, hardcore status.

New version is Iv now, consisting of Sniph, Coltronic, Devil, Proxy, and.. Predd. All but Colt and Predd were in Awh.

Reaper works on his site now, pixelinfusion.net or something, and even though I joined in AWH's 'last months' and you probably never met me, I am leader of my own clan now. :o

:(

+ElGato

Elephant_Hunter
November 7, 2005, 10:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Social PoisonThese best/worst/etc threads aren't any good for anyone. They all just turn into who's got the biggest [CENSORED] contests or some other form of flamebait.

You saw right through me.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 10:33 pm
Meh...now i see what people mean by the 1 hit wonder clans. Oh well, idiocy can do alot of things. Dont join an over-competitive clan. -_-;

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 11:06 pm
{A.W.H}.... Those were the days.

I pretty much learned soldat from them.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 12:00 am
Clans are for the weak.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 8, 2005, 12:33 am
Meandor is right, a clan leader is more like a manager/coach for a team then an actual player. Even though the coach might be a good player, he might not be the best player. A Clan leader's job is to teach and give advice to other clan members, and ensure that the clan is stable and informed.

reckon
November 8, 2005, 2:10 am
<3* was the best.
Ever.
:<
Anyways, good clans need: good players (obviously), tactics, a competent and expansive roster (10 is a good limit) with players capable with more than one weapon and extremely proficient with one weapon.
Regularly scheduled playing times (or practice times) to build up skill and confidence, scrimmages once a week and matches every so often to let other clans know you are a serious clan.

.Loki
November 8, 2005, 2:21 am
hmmm, I've never seen Iv before. It's a shame, I'd like the play some soldat with sniph and the crew. I bet he can kick my ass now o.O;... by the time I quit, we were more or less on the same level.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 2:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Meep.Realistic wise you have 8m, |n|8|v|, <:BW:>, -:TA:-, [OWNED], |Rb|T|, {WG}, AKA was disbanded I think, [Oops], ]S:K[, :[DS]:, PC, [P.E.S.T], also i'm not sure if [RSC]is still around, and of course other ones I don't know about or forgot to mention :s.

I love the clan i'm in, but other ones that are super nice to us are especially |n|8|v|, <:BW:>, 8m, and [Oops]. There are too many to name, I like 'em all.

[OWNED] and us (PC) merged a while ago.Now me and berry own a bigger clan. Get prepared to meet a new revolution of PC ;)

--------on topic-------
I totally think clans are worth it. It's alot funner to me because you get to play fun matches just messing around with friends/members and practice tactics,as well as competitive matches that you can't really do freelancing.
If you have the time,do it,for sure.

crazymonkey
November 8, 2005, 5:26 am
quote:Originally posted by .Lokihmmm, I've never seen Iv before. It's a shame, I'd like the play some soldat with sniph and the crew. I bet he can kick my ass now o.O;... by the time I quit, we were more or less on the same level.

Sniph quit for a couple months. Got sick of all the hate, lol. He came back recently and now M79s. O_o

Iv is an ok clan I guess. My clan has beat them a few times, but they're better than the average Na clan. They don't play much in pubs, except for Devil, but they're around.

vash763
November 8, 2005, 5:35 am
I myself have never been in a clan. But from what you guys are saying, I would really like to join one.

Outcast
November 9, 2005, 7:23 am
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterSoldat Clans seem to come and go so quickly. I never really took part in any clan until just recently.

Being a member of a clan helped me take notice of what other clans are out there. Before I'd just ignore any player with a clan tag altogether (subconsciously, mind you.) Now I see and compare on a daily basis.

Curiosity has gotten the best of me, so I have to ask. What clan do you think is the best? Worst? Most mature? Least?

I think Xfect is the best. It isn't because of arrogance, or because i'm in the clan, it's because I know that we can, pretty much easilly, beat any clan out there(and we have), offcourse, with the right lineup, as some don't go well together :o

I can't really give you the worst clan as i'm not interested into clans that suck.

Mature clans, have to say 2wai, maybe SaD.

Immature clans, hmm...even our guys are immature on times, and there's really too much of it happenining all over to really point out the worst. Allthough i do have some grudge against r-T for being annoying as hell(in an immature way) :o

A good clan takes good players, that don't only know how to aim, but know where to go, when to go, and how to go. Plus have all of the general experience (where to nade, when to nade, where to shoot, etc), which easilly comes with a lot of clanwars. Clans are fullfulling for me, as I am competitive still, and I like how easy and fun it is to play with our guys, a clan is basically a home in soldat, sort off :) Unless you change clans every 2 weeks.

m00`
November 9, 2005, 7:29 am
pie Factor was the best we won like 5 wars and we only lasted a week ^__^

.alex.oner.
November 9, 2005, 4:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcastquote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterSoldat Clans seem to come and go so quickly. I never really took part in any clan until just recently.

I think Xfect is the best. It isn't because of arrogance, or because i'm in the clan, it's because I know that we can, pretty much easilly, beat any clan out there(and we have), offcourse, with the right lineup, as some don't go well together :o

I can't really give you the worst clan as i'm not interested into clans that suck.

Mature clans, have to say 2wai, maybe SaD.

Immature clans, hmm...even our guys are immature on times, and there's really too much of it happenining all over to really point out the worst. Allthough i do have some grudge against r-T for being annoying as hell(in an immature way) :o

A good clan takes good players, that don't only know how to aim, but know where to go, when to go, and how to go. Plus have all of the general experience (where to nade, when to nade, where to shoot, etc), which easilly comes with a lot of clanwars. Clans are fullfulling for me, as I am competitive still, and I like how easy and fun it is to play with our guys, a clan is basically a home in soldat, sort off :) Unless you change clans every 2 weeks.

true, but x'fect vs ef would be a real close match i could imagine, all depending on the line up though.. cant wait to see you guys vs ef in tnl a, i must spec that match ;o

Outcast
November 9, 2005, 5:18 pm
Well, they beat us the last time but we beat them for every official match :o

mar77a
November 9, 2005, 8:17 pm
Hey, what about r7, syn, ELT, pL. Maybe hte best actual clan is that BH one, but im not sure it's just that Poop, Marb (my fellow argentinian :D), Macer and some other good players are in.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
November 9, 2005, 9:18 pm
.pheonix will always be my favorite clan. I miss all of the clans of those days like AoA, BH, etc. Those were the best times in soldat by far. .bot+ was cool. And lets not forget cow.

SeanCapsAss
November 10, 2005, 2:40 am
IS IT JUST ME OR HAS NO ONE SAID HAWTSECKS I MEAN COME ON???? SERIOUSLY THEYRE OKEY DONTCHA THINK? oh right right bunch of noobs there forgot for a second...

Spectral
November 10, 2005, 2:59 am
good clans must have teamwork and have a good attitude to rise to the occasion during clan matches. having talented members always helps, but teamates who work well with each other is also important. there are so many clans that could be mentioned here...

Deleted User
November 10, 2005, 3:36 am
OC has lasted for a long time. SL and DETH will probably last a long time too. But don't take my word for it. I never though SM would die so soon :\

SeanCapsAss
November 10, 2005, 4:03 am
DETH has been around for a while silly

lithium
November 10, 2005, 4:07 am
quote:Originally posted by ZambinoOC has lasted for a long time. SL and DETH will probably last a long time too. But don't take my word for it. I never though SM would die so soon :

It was always my opinion that SL wouldn't last long, simply because *IN MY OPINION* the clan is more focused on winning than anything else. OC has been around a while though, haven't they?

Captain Ben
November 10, 2005, 5:59 am
=N4L=.

Morik
November 10, 2005, 6:02 am
Lithium, i dont think SL will die soon, me and gameover are too dedicated...

anyways, right now i think the best NA clan would be BH, they are skilled in every aspect. Im not sure about euro though, im not active in the euro side.

lithium
November 10, 2005, 12:40 pm
Key word "was," Morik. My opinion has since changed, although with the recent loss of key players I'm interested to see who fills the top spots.

Messiah
November 10, 2005, 5:31 pm
Hmm there have been many clans out there, some of them with amazing skills and tatics and some with an amazing attitude towards games they are respectful and encouraging. Akai| and [PC] were probably one of the greast NA clans that i know of. <<HOMO>> was a very respectful clan. This draws my attention to a "Clan of Fame" topic listing these clans although it would get locked do to [CENSORED]gatory.

Deleted User
November 10, 2005, 5:53 pm
Does anyone know what the first clan ever was?

Outcast
November 10, 2005, 7:09 pm
No.

GAMEOVER
November 10, 2005, 7:27 pm
Dumb topic, just askin for a flame war but am suprised up to this point on replys. Too many opinions and all of em dont matter like mine so I wont leave one.

I will add though that clans thrown together with known pro or hardcore players doesnt impress me as a clan. Any clan can be made like this and any clan like this dont really do anything amazing that no one could see. Its the clans that take nothing and make it something that impress me. Hawt Secks in SCTFL6 is a prime example. I couldnt comment on em now though because its expected what they can/should do.

ráz0r
November 10, 2005, 7:50 pm
Um.. EF are the best clan. Best individual players and they work well together. Xfect has most.. colourful members you could say. Most mature is SaD.. SN are quite similar.

Subject of leader being the best in clan: In NbK I was by no means the best player or even near it. But when I played I got it organised and I think I could do a job at alt route. Letting the more skilled players like Skoskav, Ghouly, Steelix etc do their thing. <3

I'd like to be remembered as a good leader with small resources.. but I think most people hate me too much to notice that.

Deleted User
November 10, 2005, 8:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zambino I never though SM would die so soon :

That was mostly my fault... :/

STEELIX
November 10, 2005, 8:26 pm
I think you have a tad biased opinion of me, Jaz, putting me in row with sko 'n ghoulo... ;P

ráz0r
November 10, 2005, 8:27 pm
Huu you had skills

Da cHeeSeMaN
November 11, 2005, 8:22 am
Theres some great french clans out there as well...but yeah not many people know about them lol.

crazymonkey
November 11, 2005, 12:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZambinoOC has lasted for a long time. SL and DETH will probably last a long time too. But don't take my word for it. I never though SM would die so soon :
Deth has been around for.. years? I don't think there's a version of soldat I haven't seen Deth in(all the way from when I started in 1.1.5). They've just had ups and downs. Right now they're going through an up, but usually after sctfl they go down. SL, would've lasted a long time, but dunno really what happened there. Seemed like their member's trash talk caught up with them in the end.

Next season of sctfl I'm hoping mP makes it there, because if we do, we probably won't have much competition, because pretty much every Na clan keeps dieing and forming with other people, other than the above, Deth and OC. :P

GAMEOVER
November 11, 2005, 4:52 pm
We (SL) are still around just at the begining of rebuilding we dont have the same structure we once had but well be back up to where we were soon enough. Its gonna take new players getting use to strategys and forming new ones.. we dont trash talk anymore then anyone else.

GARAoftheDESERT
November 15, 2005, 2:50 pm
There was a time when I prided myself on not having a clan. Now im looking for one (or mabey i should start one?)

The attitude changed when i stated walking into clan t/os and matches. There were so many good players, but I think I like being independant.

Close Combat
November 15, 2005, 5:12 pm
YEa i agree but u seem to stand out when you negate peoples request to join their clan.

Spectral
November 16, 2005, 4:31 am
true, but you also improve your reputation by the clans you are active in

criddo
November 17, 2005, 11:48 am
Clans are a great way to take soldat to the next level! They're heaps of fun and it's much more serious and better than normal internet playing.

Echo_Trail
November 17, 2005, 2:02 pm
the WSG clan is nice.. those guys seem to have a good thing going there! They really kick ass, and they're all able to use various weaps! The best part is, though, that they all seem to have fun! That's nice. Merry christmas

bgretydews
November 18, 2005, 9:58 pm
No one meantioned [KNOX] :(