( search forums )
Garry's mod...for soldat.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
papasurf31
November 8, 2005, 12:48 am
Garry's Mod is amazing, quite possibly the single best mod for any game ever. The amazing amount of random [CENSORED] you cn do in that game, it really makes you feel like a god, with total control over what you want to do.

For those of you who don't know what it is (all 3 of you), It's a sandbox game, where you are able to mess with just about every single thing in the source engine and build and create just about whatever you can possibly do with the source engine short of actually using the SDK.

Imagine something like that for soldat, where you could manipulate and position objects, weapons, ragdolls and paint and color stuff, freeze and slow down time, fly around in noclip, have guns with infinite ammo and whatnot. Imagine placing a bunch of bots in a line just for you to slam through them with a barret to the head, or watching as 100 soldats fly from your super powered nuke of a fist. Imagine recreating scenes from your favorite shows, movies, books, ?anime? in the soldat engine, placing bullets where you want them and all that amazing stuff. Loading up sceneries on the fly to add to your map, and whatever other image files you want.

And all the other possibilities. No really, wouldn't that be [CENSORED]ing awesome?

peemonkey
November 9, 2005, 6:18 pm
jesus you're one of the noobs who suggests garrysmod for games that have little to no physics, filter options, or any of the neccsary coding. grr. you guys are everywhere. no no no, play gmod, stop trying to get it into other games, it's just lame.

i am ahab
November 9, 2005, 7:18 pm
no, i dont think so.

we have a mapmaker or 2. and can pretty much control the rest ourselves. and to be honest i dont spend any time doing that sort of stuff anyway, so i'm not just trying to put down what you're saying. merely offering a point of view.

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 2:28 pm
@papasurf- isn't the Garry's mod a mod for CS:S? I saw teh movi with it in action. Looks awesome for me.
I'd like the idea to be implemented into new version of Soldat( especially matrix:P:P:P 'wallwalking', dodging and bullettiming:P)

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 6:45 pm
Garry's mod is for Half-Life 2 DM... CS:S uses the half-life 2 engine, as does G-Mod

peemonkey
November 14, 2005, 9:30 pm
you can use props and ragdolls and whatnot from anything on the source engine, it's a pretty nice mod. it used to be based on hl2 singleplayer, but when garry switched to hl2dm, it became a largly multiplayer thang. then came LUA :D

zyxstand
November 14, 2005, 10:52 pm
uh, first, you'd have to implement any form of triggers with a wide variety of objects and their ability to move. This along with a better physics engine for soldat.

Hoodlum
November 14, 2005, 11:21 pm
This would be cool but I doubt its possible.

Captain Ben
November 15, 2005, 8:39 am
It is, because LUA file can be downloaded by the user quickly.

numgun
November 15, 2005, 9:54 am
wtf is a garry's mod?

November 15, 2005, 10:13 am
An amazing mod for HL2

Physics playground, you can do whatever you want with it...
You know those funny hl2 pics?
They're made with garry's mod

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 12:22 pm
www.banana.nu for more informations...

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 6:39 pm
Or maybe garry.tv , the official homepage

Hoodlum
November 15, 2005, 8:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgunwtf is a garry's mod?
www.garry.tv