( search forums )
Every map I download almost missing edges?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
GAMEOVER
November 8, 2005, 5:10 am
Out of all the maps I have download I am missing their edges and they arent in the enclosed zip how can I get them? For example I tried to install this DM map on our server.

[IMAGE]

And heres what it says/looks like on our server..

[IMAGE]

I get this edges error message in a lot of maps but not all maps have came with edges.

Keron Cyst
November 8, 2005, 6:21 pm
[off-topic, & shameless plug]Has that map been wypted.? Can I get a DL? :-D[/off-topic, & shameless plug]

Textures don't need edges to function. I never noticed that an error popped up saying that they're necessary, tho'...

.Loki
November 8, 2005, 7:02 pm
wow, good job REAPER. Lol, this map looks awesomely shaded. o.O I didn't know he could make maps like this. PUT UP LINK!!! GROOOOAAAARRRRR!!!

GAMEOVER
November 8, 2005, 9:07 pm
This map is awesome! He made some other really nice ones to just look under downloads on the old clan-awh.com site

lpzie
December 14, 2005, 8:51 pm
bumping, I got the same problem.

said some edge was missing, but iuno even know why or whats up. this started happening after 1.3.1 -- not sure if that's the cause or not. either way, bot those mario maps look like garbage now =/

lpzie
December 14, 2005, 9:03 pm
here, got a picture up of it >_<

[IMAGE][/URL]

lpzie
December 14, 2005, 9:11 pm
fixed found a file in my edges called "cc_czeresnia.bmp"

I removed it and everything got fixed. =/

And shuddup if you think I'm spamming or tryna raise my post count, I don't care about that junk. Take all my post count away if you want, uptight people!

GluLm
December 14, 2005, 10:00 pm
You're not spamming, it's ok I think. Most of you are off topic though...
GAMEOVER: this is a common bug in Soldat since edges have been implemented.
This only happens if you have activated "Render smooth polygons" in Soldat settings.
The game tries to download the edge file even though it doesn't exist.
We forgot to report this bug. Oh well. :/