( search forums )
Cant join dedicated.
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
afly
November 9, 2005, 3:47 am
Hmm, so I can host now. But when I run my dedicated it I cant join my own server?. Does dedicated server have to run on another pc?!. if not whats going on? Firewall is down. O_o.

afly
November 9, 2005, 6:38 am
nvm, I think my ISP is blocking the ASE ports. To get it so I could host I had to change my joinports. Is there anyway to change the ASE ports?.

i am ahab
November 9, 2005, 12:25 pm
ummm no i dont think u can change yr ase ports. not in the ini file you cannot anyway.

the dedicated server is a bit buggy i seem to remember. yr best using the standalone beta 237 server and trying to join that using yr own ip and port.

btw edit rather than double post pls dude ;)

any luck?

Denacke
November 9, 2005, 3:15 pm
It has nothing to do with ASE ports.

To join your own dedicated server, running on the same computer you are going to play on, use the ip "127.0.0.1" and the appropriate port. This is the loopback adress and will lead to your own computer.

If you want others to join, they have to use the internet IP adress. Normally they should find it through the lobby anyway.

afly
November 9, 2005, 8:09 pm
I am ahab, I have the latest server (237).

Denacke, How do I "Use the IP" and where do I set that up at? O_o. Of course I want others to join its a dedicated XD.

Denacke
November 9, 2005, 8:27 pm
That is the IP-adress you'd have to fill in when you want to join a game in soldat. (Soldat client)

afly
November 9, 2005, 10:50 pm
ahh ok, So nomatter what my IP is. To join my dedicated server all I have to do is join that IP and I will be in?. sweet time to test it :).