( search forums )
New players, please read the manual!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Leo
November 9, 2005, 8:31 am
As some of you know I run 3 servers at real mode. Now, here are some of the most common comments I see in my console:

"OMG! hax! you're invisible!"ยจ
"How I become invisible ?"
"All hackers"
"WFT! You're invisible!"
"Hacker server"!!!
And more of these... Maybe I should change the name of my server to:
"Leo's Realistic CTF (notice you can't see the players if it's out of line of site" or something like that :P That's why I tell you: Read the manual before you play!

i am ahab
November 9, 2005, 11:50 am
lol. go leo! champion of rtfm! push forward unimpeded though the waves of newbile. you can do it.

DePhille
November 9, 2005, 12:27 pm
This is not meant offensive or anything but i think you didn't read the manual at first either.
I didn't either and to be honest i still didn't. I just opened it for the weapon descriptions and the commands.

I don't really know in what other way you could solve this , maybe by entering "Realistic Mode: You can't see trough walls now" in your server message?
This phenomenon is just showing the IQ of those ppl :).

Grtz , DePhille

Lowhunter
November 9, 2005, 12:29 pm
dephille,u go to soldatforums

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 4:57 pm
lol
and no1 asked you:
hey, i felt on the ground and lost my health! what happened?

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 4:59 pm
I have been seeing many more people on Leo's saying that type of stuff lately so it would help if they at least skimmed through it.

.Loki
November 10, 2005, 12:22 am
lol, first thing I did while DLing/installing soldat was read the manual. You have to wonder what other people do during this time... browse the screenshots?

wormdundee
November 10, 2005, 2:24 am
There are probably quite a few people who have a fast enough connection that it takes under a minute to download Soldat. Can't get much reading in that time can you? :)

rabidhamster
November 10, 2005, 2:46 am
quote:Originally posted by .Lokilol, first thing I did while DLing/installing soldat was read the manual.me too. actually, i downloaded the map maker before i got my first soldat :P

and if you care, that was when 1.2 was just released. took 2 hours to download, thanks to my speedy and secksy 1.5kbps!

Deleted User
November 10, 2005, 3:36 am
i saw the word realism and just assumed it meant what it does

Echo_Trail
November 10, 2005, 6:27 am
quote:Originally posted by DePhilleThis is not meant offensive or anything but i think you didn't read the manual at first either.

hell no, so didn't i! Leo, I play on your servers all the time, cause they have pretty good ping, and ofcourse, it's realistic!
I see these things quite alot, but it don't seem to be a problem. whenever someone asks why are you invisible or why do i get BINK or whatever, he is simply answered in a polite way... no more, no less!
Ain't nothing to say to that..
echo out

Deleted User
November 10, 2005, 6:37 am
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterquote:Originally posted by .Lokilol, first thing I did while DLing/installing soldat was read the manual.me too. actually, i downloaded the map maker before i got my first soldat :P

and if you care, that was when 1.2 was just released. took 2 hours to download, thanks to my speedy and secksy 1.5kbps!

2HOURS!!!??? How could you wait that long?

Leo
November 10, 2005, 7:04 am
Don't get me wrong, I am not pissed off on these players. However there are others that getting rude on them. It's for their own good to know what real mode is about so they don't get raped by the "realistic" vets. :D

.Loki
November 10, 2005, 8:11 am
Truth be told, I can download soldat in under a minute. That didn't stop me from at least checking out the basic controls though.

Lol, and I'm not retarded enough to be like "WTF, INVISI-HAX0r!!!". Really, there are certain people that must have IQ's lower than that of a rock's. Obviously an entire server isn't going to be hacking. I dunno. People are stupid.

...LOTS of people are stupid...

Theres really no excuse for being that easily upset and crying out hax.

Deleted User
November 10, 2005, 11:36 am
well since i tried soldat at a radioshack in the eaton centre i already knew the controls and since the gamemode was realistic i assumed that you couldnt see through walls and there would be falling damage, and recoil, but when my friend tried it he thought hius mouse was screwed up

Captain Ben
November 10, 2005, 12:00 pm
I enjoy an odd bout of Realistic, but after a year and a half of never winning, I've realised I suck at it.

a-4-year-old
November 10, 2005, 2:37 pm
i played with bots in arena to try all the weapons, i wanted to know alot so i didn't look like a noob online, first eva weapon ak-47 representin' (woot) i changed my name and went to the website to find out everything i needed to know before playing online.

Deleted User
November 10, 2005, 4:13 pm
I'm sorry this doesn't have anything to do with this, but its the ak-74. Seen so many people mistype it lately, so I just wanted them to know D=

Deleted User
November 10, 2005, 4:34 pm
Originally posted by SDFilm in Soldat Improvements Discussion
Well its not that surprising that people get the AK74 mixed up with the AK47 as the names are similar , in soldat the 74 has wooden parts like the 47, even though the 74 normally has plastic instead of wood in real life. Plus the 47 is by far the most famous out of the AK range.

Damn i sound like such a gun nut.