( search forums )
Idea for banning aimbotters/hackers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
akaricloud
November 10, 2005, 5:41 am
With the standard servers we have we can only incorporate the regular users and the admins. If there is a hacker/aimbotter on the server ruining it for everyone the only way to get rid of them is a Vote Kick. However with the new bots coming out they have counter measures so that they are unable to be kicked. If an admin is unavailable then basicaly the offender is free to ruin the game. What i propose we do is with our servers we should also be able to include some regular users who are able to ban only. It would only be a small inclusion into the program and would only require small patching. Im not sure about America or in any other country, but Aimbotters/hackers are dramaticaly ruining the game and anoying me. Short of writing a script for an individual server, this would be the easiest way to go about saving our servers. If the admin of the server was able to give say... 10 people the access to bannings only, then i feel it would dramaticaly be able to reduce hackers/aimbotters acess as you would normaly have 1 person on at a time.

This was just an idea i had.

Also, this just dawned on me to ask. How do the aimbots work? from what i worked out they are basic color clickers which rapidly click on a unique color of either RED or BLUE depending on the team. If this was to be the case, then perhaps changing the chest color by a few pixels would ruin aimbots. However as i dont have the source code for one i cant tell how they operate.

Well these have just been 2 ideas i felt could help in reducing aim botters and hackers.

FliesLikeABrick
November 12, 2005, 1:03 pm
I would like to be able to grant different levels of admin powers to admins, I agree with that

Leo
November 12, 2005, 1:23 pm
Nice idea, I agree with the levels of admins.

mar77a
November 12, 2005, 4:37 pm
Yea this has been suggested already.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=24028

akaricloud
November 13, 2005, 2:29 am
quote:Originally posted by mar77aYea this has been suggested already.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=24028

That was suggested 5 months ago, in a different contents and idea to mine. It hardly fits into the catergory of mine.

nfsjunkie91
November 13, 2005, 4:33 am
from what i know, in revolution hack,wit the aimbot you click center mousebutton on a player, and the hack somehow "hacks" soldat to constantly find the player, in the hack the mouse will even go offscreen. :S don't know how you could find this, prehaps if the big M found a way to make a patch that could detect running processes and automatically kill one named "soldathck.exe", or just refuse to start the game. just my idea on it. Maybe new updates everytime they find a way around it, or somehow detecting if the program got a "hook" on the directx8 thingamajigger. with rev hack telefly and others, it basically hijacks directx8 thing. weird. so that would probably be hard to find, cuz it is supposed to be steathy, but i think if michal m could find a way to patch soldat every time it is patched, or just release them on the forums. ill stop now.

Captain Ben
November 13, 2005, 4:55 am
With the rising level of hackers, this is something we certainly need.

akaricloud
November 15, 2005, 9:50 am
Does that Michal fellow read this stuff?

Futile
November 15, 2005, 6:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by akaricloudDoes that Michal fellow read this stuff?

He does.

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 4:10 am
one of the trusty, mysterious beta testers will point it out to him. i believe couple have already posted in this very topic *DUM DUM DUM*

FliesLikeABrick
November 16, 2005, 4:51 am
any chance we can go back on topic?

GAMEOVER
November 16, 2005, 5:03 am
I dont understand why MM cant make a server side app that is able to scan/check mem readings and if any are off just dont allow em in. Id be willing to wait a minute to join a server just for the simple peace of mind knowing your playing on a fair playing field.

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 7:45 am
cause some people see that as adware or something of the sorts. we can only hope that enesce will help MM to improve the game gainst hacks. now that this back door has been seen it will be blocked in the next version.

akaricloud
November 16, 2005, 7:53 am
Kingbob is working on a program to scan any active apps before allowing them into the server

Echo_Trail
November 17, 2005, 8:50 am
about dealing the "admin-powers"(=D) to someone others and all.. would they be randomly selected?
it's just, sometimes, when i play, people tend to get mad ad eachother, and a horde of vote kicking suggestions follows on basis of various reasons. if people theirselfes had the power to actually kick/ban that other player right away, i think they'd do it..

xtishereb
November 18, 2005, 1:31 am
Perhaps it could be integrated into a / command, i.e.

/mod (player number, as long as player is in server, or IP adress)

which would give the indicated player non-vote-kick powers, once per 5 minutes. Only the admin of the server would be able to do this (duh), and they would be trusted to not be a jerk about it. All indications of kicks would be in the log, so the admin might be able to find out about the mod abusing his/her power. This would also be able to be used by a script, so players can be auto-made mods when they join.

Also, the kicking should be anonomus. Otherwise, people would probably get mad and stuff.

Saint-Cross
November 19, 2005, 6:34 pm
The admin idea is good, but it will also allow people to completely abuse their powers.And they'll do it, frequently.So giving someone even a kick option every 5 minutes will get annoying.Hacking can never be stopped, unless the game is a flash game.I've heard if made right, they can be unhackable.Like that Dofus online game.

akaricloud
November 19, 2005, 9:51 pm
if they abuse the power then they would be banned permanantly from the server.

a-4-year-old
November 22, 2005, 12:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenWith the rising level of hackers, this is something we certainly need.

maby if we could get the ip address to MM he could make it so that when they try to play online MM has this thing up so that the screen goes totally black exept for
STOP HACKING N00B

jettlarue
November 27, 2005, 2:23 am
flash games can get hacked saint-cross, flash cant do anything serverside so you would need to use php or something and the code can be hacked. and 4 year old, there are a ton of people who use the hack so itwould be pointless. but it would be kinda funny.

Deleted User
November 27, 2005, 5:10 am
You could also get punkbuster to cover soldat, just like it does for almost every online game, and PB will just auto kick people for hacking, and aimbotting and so forth. Problem is it would probably be really laggy in soldat.