Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Stormx
November 10, 2005, 4:59 pm
Its in the format of

--- 05-11-10 12:43:59
Raul
Freeze
M79

And so forth. Is the first person the victim or is that the second person? Did Raul kill Freeze of Freeze kill Raul?

Messiah
November 10, 2005, 5:37 pm
Well, you could have pmed a moderator, searched forums or even read the manual to find this. Or even test it out in some public, leave and see what the results were in the .txt

FliesLikeABrick
November 10, 2005, 8:08 pm
messiah, don't be such a waste if you're going to post anyway. At least tell him teh answer.

The first person is the killer, second is the victim, so Raul killed Freeze

Stormx
November 11, 2005, 8:53 pm
FliesLikeABrick: Thanks very much =) much appreciated

Messiah: You think I didn't. I ran the search for the killlog reference, found nothing. The manual says very little on the server logging either. I'm on linux so I couldn't test it myself, and asking someone in the public was differcult because the game moves so fast.

I just wanted a quick answer. So sorry to ask a perfectly reasonable question in a "Server Help" forum.

mar77a
November 11, 2005, 9:37 pm
You migth want to know that there are kill log bugs with certaing names and when a suicide happends it shows like this:

--- 08-11-10 12:43:59
Yukwonhawanaga
Yukwonhawanaga
Chainsaw

Stormx
November 11, 2005, 10:12 pm
So, what is the bug? ;-) I guess a self kill is killing yourself, so it figures, unless I'm missing something!

mar77a
November 11, 2005, 11:29 pm
Flies knows about it. I think it has to do with players starting with * or ^ were the killog line gets deleted and the hole log gets messed up.

FliesLikeABrick
November 12, 2005, 3:13 am
player names starting with * or ^ are skipped in the killlogs and console logs. the lines are skipped entirely, which really messes up the way the lines are in the logs.

I have a php algorithm written which salvages the logs as best as possible, and i also have it in C++ somewhere. Just contact me and i'd be glad to share it. It can very easily be adapted to any language because it uses basic programming things.

i'll add any more info i can think of