( search forums )
Rememberence day , Veterans day
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 12:31 am
well i thought i should make a thread about it......just so i can remind some of you about it, and i'm just wondering what people are doing for it? also i'm wondering if anyone had relatives that fought in any of the wars, my grandpa was a tank driver so meh, he watched some good men die horrifically and he almost died.....dont' be an asshat if your posting

Keron Cyst
November 11, 2005, 12:43 am
Before anyone asks, it's a US holiday commemorating (whatever that means oO') anyone who fought in a US-involved war, both dead and alive (but mainly vets. who still stand since there's Memorial Day for the dead :-P).

I hardly have any relatives at all, much less any who fought in a war....

Cookie.
November 11, 2005, 12:49 am
Rememberence day is Canadian isn't it?
Anyway my grandfather was an engineer for the allies in Italy :D
My grandmother worked in the plane factories to supply the allies with there awesome planes

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 12:54 am
It was originally called Armistice Day. Because at 11 o' clock in the morning on November 11th, 1918, all countries involved in WWI laid down their arms.

Elemental
November 11, 2005, 1:19 am
arghh, dont remind me..it's a school make-up day because of the hurricane -.-

MikeShinoda.pheonix
November 11, 2005, 2:17 am
My class watched saving private ryan.

vash763
November 11, 2005, 2:18 am
One of my grandfathers was in the Navy over in Vietnam. My other grandpa was in the military aswell, but I can't remember which branch.

And none of my step dads family was in the military at all.

N1nj@
November 11, 2005, 3:37 am
I salute them!

peemonkey
November 11, 2005, 4:10 am
it's still Kristallnacht over here in california...

karmazon
November 11, 2005, 4:47 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyit's still Kristallnacht over here in california...

ahahahahahahahaaha

AerialAssault
November 11, 2005, 4:55 am
My grandfather was a corporal in the USMC. He fought at Iwo Jima. That was one of the bloodiest and hardest fought battles of the pacific. I don't remember much about my grandpa, I do know that he killed about 34 Japanese soldiers. About 13 of which he burnt alive with a flamethrower.

m00`
November 11, 2005, 4:57 am
the only thing i hate about rememberance day is that we have to sit down under the hot ass sun with like 1 huge and ancient tree over our heads, no one even gives a crap about whats going on, just worrying about the birds on top of us that sh!t 24/7

peemonkey
November 11, 2005, 4:59 am
my grandfather was a drunk, you shot himself in the upper leg to get out of service. my other was a little kid, in some little italian village, and can be seen in a documentery they showed in school in the little nazi uniform, showing how "the axis of power has the support of it's people" or some [CENSORED]...i wanna join the marines :(

Cookie.
November 11, 2005, 5:09 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`the only thing i hate about rememberance day is that we have to sit down under the hot ass sun with like 1 huge and ancient tree over our heads, no one even gives a crap about whats going on, just worrying about the birds on top of us that sh!t 24/7

No one gives a crap because your crap! ohh How did you like that?

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 5:30 am
my great grandfather was a casualty of war. anyone who doesnt care about remberance day or the heroes who died before us is directly insulting me. atleast act like you care.

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 5:41 am
My great-grandfather was murdered by the first communist movements in China in the early 1900s. Cut by sword right in front of my grandfather when he was 13.

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 5:48 am
I hope I don't offend anyone, but in australia it has already happened, and I forgot. I was actually playing soldat at the time.

frogboy
November 11, 2005, 5:53 am
Lets have a minute of silence to commemorate those who fought in WWI!

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 6:03 am
Amen.

Captain Ben
November 11, 2005, 6:12 am
One of my great uncles battled in WWI or WW2 (I heard this when my dad was drunk), and after the war, drowned in a bottle and went mad.

My soon to be Step Grandfather is an honourary Gurkha (I think that's how it's spelt), because he saved a Gurkha general's life and was knighted for by the Queen. I haven't had the chance to meet him, mainly the reason of him in New Zealand, me in Papua New Guinea/Australia. He served in Vietnam. Search the internets and find him, seeing as there aren't alot of honourary gurkas (especially Kiwi ones). He lives in Christchurch.

m00`
November 11, 2005, 6:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.quote:Originally posted by m00`the only thing i hate about rememberance day is that we have to sit down under the hot ass sun with like 1 huge and ancient tree over our heads, no one even gives a crap about whats going on, just worrying about the birds on top of us that sh!t 24/7

the crap gave crap what crap?!!?#

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 6:17 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`quote:Originally posted by Cookie.quote:Originally posted by m00`the only thing i hate about rememberance day is that we have to sit down under the hot ass sun with like 1 huge and ancient tree over our heads, no one even gives a crap about whats going on, just worrying about the birds on top of us that sh!t 24/7

What crap crap is this crap your talking about now crap?

Captain Ben
November 11, 2005, 8:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Dezonusquote:Originally posted by m00`quote:Originally posted by Cookie.quote:Originally posted by m00`the only thing i hate about rememberance day is that we have to sit down under the hot ass sun with like 1 huge and ancient tree over our heads, no one even gives a crap about whats going on, just worrying about the birds on top of us that sh!t 24/7

What crap crap is this crap your talking about now crap?

THis is crap we're not meant to be talking about. CRAPRAPPA PAP PA!

The Geologist
November 11, 2005, 8:15 am
Come on...this was meant to be a serious thread, don't drag it off topic with crap like this. This is the lounge, not the bashpit, morons.

quote:Originally posted by m00`the only thing i hate about rememberance day is that we have to sit down under the hot ass sun with like 1 huge and ancient tree over our heads, no one even gives a crap about whats going on, just worrying about the birds on top of us that sh!t 24/7

Count yourself lucky for having the time to sit around without a care. Ever wonder why you might have that free time?

m00`
November 11, 2005, 8:27 am
i do know what rememberance day is for but i think its a waste of time sitting in assembly under the hot sun, i would understand a minute silence in the middle of class but spending half an hour sitting down under the sun and burning our selves wont help us remember those people

i dont know if this is only my school >.>

AerialAssault
November 11, 2005, 8:31 am
luckily, here in the northern hemisphere. we are having comfortable temperatures again. :)

frogboy
November 11, 2005, 8:35 am
Oh come on, it was only 25 degrees today at the most. Considering it was 30+ degrees on Wednesday and Thursday, it's not that hot.

m00`
November 11, 2005, 8:38 am
not really the fact that it was hot it was the sun burning my legs and also the hotness :P come on frogboy, you know the weather is always screwed up in Australia

Captain Ben
November 11, 2005, 9:02 am
In PNG, the winter low is 30-33. Jesus Christ! Take it like a man.

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 11:09 am
I like the cold. Why do we have to have seasons?

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 12:15 pm
......now its remeberence day..................................................................that was my silence

Captain Ben
November 11, 2005, 1:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by DezonusI like the cold. Why do we have to have seasons?

Because the Earth is on an axis, and not to mention the way we orbit around the sun, seasons are caused by either the Northern or Southern Hemispheres tilting more towards the sun. Right now, the Northern Hemisphere is tilting away from the sun, hence it being Winter/Autumn in the Nothern Hemisphere, and it being Summer/Spring in the Southern Hemisphere.

Wait... Were you just being sarcastic? :0

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 8:42 pm
i think he was

Captain Ben
November 12, 2005, 1:19 am
:(

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 2:36 pm
Do americans have some special day to commemorate all lives and dreams killed in their wars? I mean all the innocent people who had to be 'sacrificed' on the altar of 'freedom' brought to <random location> by the mighty US soldiers ? *cough cough*

TheFunktopus
November 12, 2005, 3:50 pm
No, but the inhabitants of <random location> do!

Vijchtidoodah
November 12, 2005, 10:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lao Wu TenDo americans have some special day to commemorate all lives and dreams killed in their wars?

Like the dream to exterminate all Jews?

Deleted User
November 13, 2005, 1:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystBefore anyone asks, it's a US holiday commemorating (whatever that means oO') anyone who fought in a US-involved war, both dead and alive (but mainly vets. who still stand since there's Memorial Day for the dead :-P).

It's also a British holiday (and possibly every other country that fought in WW1). It's manly for WWI but its also for all the wars Britain fought in.

My great grandad was in one of the first waves on the beaches on D-Day (Sword beach i think it was). He survived the war and his war diary is now in a museum in Wales. Both the people he knew from his village also came back, although my grandma told me that he often screamed in his sleep because of the the war, especially as one of his best friends was killed right next to him trying to get up the beach. But thats WWII, I dont know about any of my relitives in WWI.

My barber said that a german tank surrenderd to his grandad's squad at Monte cassino because it had ran out of ammo and they got medals for it even though they told their superiors that it had no ammo :P

Deleted User
November 13, 2005, 3:10 am
thats funny....my granpa was a tank driver and all of his tanks got blown up....i mean all of them, everytime he saw an anti tank plan or an anti tank gun he ran out, but one time he wasnt lucky and he almost died because he got out to late and shrapnel got him in the head.......and he still has it in his head

Deleted User
November 13, 2005, 3:13 am
Where did he serve?

Deleted User
November 13, 2005, 5:34 pm
he was fighting in holland so meh....when his tank blew up he was sent to a hospital, and by the time he got out world war two was over