( search forums )
Random Weapon Choices?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
VireX
November 11, 2005, 1:31 am
when the weapon selection screen comes up, there should be a button that picks a random primary and secondary weapon for you. :)

idioto3
November 11, 2005, 1:53 am
yea sounds good, but even better, a game mode option (like advanced) that chooses every players weapon randomly.

a-4-year-old
November 18, 2005, 10:56 pm
wow i would really use this well, after useing "eny meny miny mo" "spit, spit spit spit" and geting shot wile deciding, a button like that would really help!

NO

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 11:00 pm
I am Mancer and I approve of this.

frogboy
November 18, 2005, 11:41 pm
I'm not Mancer, but I also approve of this. In fact, if I was bored and knew how to program, I'd write a program to choose a random primary for me now.

DeLarge
November 19, 2005, 10:13 am
I reject this suggestion and I am not starting any squabbles. If there was a random choice, then it can be glitchy too. You can still get the weapons even though they're disallowed in the game (umchecked).

defanatic
November 23, 2005, 2:15 pm
So get it to choose weapons that are only checked. And make it an 'option' (it's own checkbox, so you play either 'force random weapons' or 'do not force random weapons' (latter, press '-' for random weapons)).

Stern
November 27, 2005, 4:46 pm
This could be very easy. It could be a mode, like advanced, where you don't get to choose your weapons. You are stuck with your default primary, and the server randomly chooses a primary for you out of the possibilities offered by the server. No choosing from a menu ingame.

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 11:19 am
I spit on your suggestion. ITS STUPID!! YTF would you want it to pick your weapon?

person
November 28, 2005, 1:26 pm
this'd be interesting. Good mode of play to help people become better at a variety of weapons.

I think it's a pretty good idea.

xtishereb
November 29, 2005, 1:18 am
Wow, this is like the ultimate anti-1-hit-kill-users machine. I try to vary my weapon choices, so I kinda like this. Plus, the sweet feeling of forcing a barrettard to use deagles is awesome. Yeah, I think it'd be a great idea for an additional mode changer, like Advance. It shouldn't choose a random secondary, just primary.

edak
November 29, 2005, 11:35 pm
I really like this idea, it would and should generally improve peoples multi-skills. It's a problem these days where newbies start with the barret and can't kill with anything else so they stay on barret, creating more barretards. On the other hand, I enjoy using a variety of weapons too.

a-4-year-old
November 30, 2005, 12:08 am
that will not at all help with the varietiy of weapons because they dont HAVE to use it at all, they just start barreting and it doesn't matter. i had a better idea :P) (for those who dont no that is a fat person with a p for a mouth :P)

The Geologist
November 30, 2005, 12:12 am
I thought there was already a little program that chose random primaries for you?

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 2:08 am
This would fit my style of play perfectly, I demand that this be added. A random mode would be nice, too.

quote:Originally posted by DeLargeIf there was a random choice, then it can be glitchy too. You can still get the weapons even though they're disallowed in the game (umchecked).

That's easily solved by a single line of code.