( search forums )
Ctf_sleigh (updated)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
OutofOrder
November 11, 2005, 6:26 am
Yes, another ice map. Slide them foes down!
Have an overview and some screenies:

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

I think this would be the sequel to ctf_weee.
Almost the entire surface is ice, and the platforms are designed for the player to slide his way up from the bottom to the flags (although sometimes you can be too fast or lack boost and miss the next ramp). Here's a pic that shows the possible (and tested) ways to reach the enemy fort only by sliding:

[IMAGE]

Map file (96kb unzipped):
http://www.soldat-lra.net/uploads/files/ctf_sleigh2.zip

Well, the map has no waypoints :x It's big (again) so it should need about 4v4 players minimum to be fully enjoyable :P Damn, my brain seems to sketch only maps for the crowds.
Also, i used no new sceneries.
Anyway, that's it. I expect your comments. And hope you have fun on this map. :)

Edit: updated (Minor fixes). Thanks Taal for the advice!

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 7:32 am
looks good, just make sure you cant jump over the edge, thus why most maps have roofs

OutofOrder
November 11, 2005, 12:24 pm
I've tried the map in 2v2 combat (my connection can't handle more players :/ ) and the results were encouraging. This map has to be quite fun with 8+ players. :)
Also edited the thread for updating.

Keron Cyst
November 11, 2005, 4:21 pm
You can't make bots go prone. They only sometimes do that in combat.

Swebonny
November 11, 2005, 4:29 pm
Wow this map looks very cool. I just have to try it ;) >3

Edit: I just tested the map i i can say that this is a very fun map :D:D youll get hmm...89/100:D

OutofOrder
November 11, 2005, 5:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystYou can't make bots go prone. They only sometimes do that in combat.

NOS! :(

quote:Originally posted by Swebonny Wow this map looks very cool. I just have to try it ;) >3

Edit: I just tested the map i i can say that this is a very fun map :D:D youll get hmm...89/100:D

:DDDD glad you like it

GAMEOVER
November 11, 2005, 9:46 pm
Get rid of the little camping spots on each side along each wall and I wouldnt mind playin it in public.