( search forums )
Use your own WMs in other servers...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Captain Ben
November 11, 2005, 10:51 am
This is a somewhat complicated idea, so please, put up with my irreverent bibble babble...
I believe that not only on server you should be able to use your own weapon mods in other servers, provided they give permission.
But I hear you think: What of your well balanced gun that you took 5 hours to make against some random's 100 shot no reloading missile shooting evilness? To counterbalance this, I'd like to see an in game weapon editor, somewhere in the options menu, where you can mod any gun you choose but still keep it within th game balance.
Here's a picture:
[IMAGE]
Now the way that this would work is how the pointers would counterbalance eachother.
If you want to make your gun able to shoot a total of twenty bullets each round, then the damage might increase, the self bink might go up a bit, keeping the whole balance in the mix.
If you wanted a one shot kill weapon, then the bullet speed would be non-existant, and the damage would totally be up as much as it could, and the bink would react accordingly. Now, if you wanted a gun with absolutely no self bink, then the bink would react, causing the gun to jump when the player is shot.
I put the windup time in because, in my view, any gun with more than fifty bullets should have a windup time. But, the windup time can be a good thing, if you'd especially like to have a faster bullet speed and the bullets shot out faster, more or less at the expense of the self bink and damage.

This is the simplest I could make it.

Now moving on, the whole reason for the above is so that if you enter a server allowing you to bring in your own weapon mod, then every player can have an even and fair game.

Meandor
November 12, 2005, 12:50 pm
I believe the complexity of the weapon balance has too many factors to consider for a simple equation to keep those statistics balanced. If we had the perfect balance equation, then we would use it to make perfect weapon mods already :P

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 6:08 pm
Its an awesome idea, but yeah, weapon balance is pretty delicate 0_o

rabidhamster
November 13, 2005, 9:08 pm
while modding, i spent countless hours trying to figure out the speed/damage relationship. good idea, but it's just too hard. just too damn hard.

Deleted User
November 13, 2005, 10:16 pm
It would be confusing ingame...

zyxstand
November 14, 2005, 3:46 am
one thing about soldat is that you can build up strategy based on your enemy's weapon - with this idea, you'd have no idea what the enemy has - single shooter fast flyer (like barret) or million bullets average speed low damage (like steyr or hk)... play on your own servers!

Yuth
November 27, 2005, 1:28 am
"Use your own WMs in other servers..."
It would be fun.

The only strategy in shooting games such as this one...
Is to avoid getting hit, and hit the opponent.

I mean, I don't think many thinks much about what to do when trying to kill someone.
It's more of an instinct kind of thing, style.

Also would I like to say the Weapons-Gfx would have to be uploaded as well as the WM options.
Would increase the fun.