( search forums )
Team balance
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Leo
November 11, 2005, 11:36 am
I think the team balance should work every time a player respawns and not only when someone joins. I mean when teams have, for example, a difference more than 2 then next time a player from the team that has more players respawns he should automatically change team.

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 5:43 pm
Yeah, maybe, because many, many times while playing on your server, (I love it don't worry :D), the teams have been around 9 alpha and 3 bravo. It gets annoying that people don't seem to know how to switch.

Chonoryoku
November 12, 2005, 5:59 pm
I don't think it's that they don't know how to switch, it's that they don't want to switch because they want to be on the team that wins--which is obviously the one with 6 more players than the other.

This sounds good.

Echo_Trail
November 12, 2005, 6:38 pm
nah, don't like it! the stats for the player that switches team.. should they be reset?

Leo
November 12, 2005, 6:51 pm
I am thinking that if the change is done by the server then the status should stay intact. The reset should happen only if you change by yourself, same like now.

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 7:54 pm
Yes, maybe this is a good idea but it should be implemented only as an option, like auto-balance team, so you can choose whether or not to use this on your server.

Echo_Trail
November 13, 2005, 12:26 am
and this would be whenever a team is better of than the other? so it might as well be 17 vs. 16 as it would be 1 vs. 2? hmm.. i don't know.. i think it would ruine the last, pathetic(though lasting) bit of ingame communication, that we have left..
i "chat" alot, and sometimes u argue with someone, and u really just wanna kick his/their sorry asses.. i'd be pissed if i was suddenly to convert into their team.. u follow?
There'd be a hell lot of TK'ing xP
If this idea was to go through, and actually make it to the game, please don't add it to your servers, Leo.. it'd be a pitty!
echo out

Keron Cyst
November 13, 2005, 2:22 am
Nah, I'd get screwed up and probably frustrated over it. I like sticking to a good team and only change for a few reasons.

Leo
November 13, 2005, 6:19 pm
Well, you wouldn't say that if you played 10 v 4 and you were among the 4. Then it's REALLY frustrated.

Dark_Noddy
November 13, 2005, 7:27 pm
I like the idea, but it would piss me of if implanted so: no go on this one.

Futile
November 15, 2005, 7:05 pm
The best solution to unbalanced teams is to make sure players doesn't leave in the middle of the game. The simplest way to achieve this is to punish those who do. The easiest way to do that is to do a IP-lookup, and kill them while they sleep.

Another solution is to not bother with players leaving, and instead making sure people keep joining. Let's make the server look through the lobby's waiting list, pick players with low pings and forcefully make them connect and fill up the empty slots.

On topic and in a more serious tone though, I don't think it's feasible to force players to switch sides.

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 9:02 pm
If it will switch the latest joined ppl, I can support this.
I like it very much.