( search forums )
Interface maker help
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Mountaineer
February 24, 2003, 10:27 pm
I've been playing with the interface maker and have (I think) figured out most of it.
My problem is that I can't seem to figure out what dictates the level of the bitmaps. Some bitmaps appear over or under in relation to others. The jet-bar.bmp for example has appeared over the jet.bar and the health.bmp yet the health-bar.bmp appears underneath all of these.
Is there any way that I can set a level? ie underneath...
A basic help file for this little app would be great from anyone...

Mountaineer

(moved - DNA.styx)

SoldatStriker
February 25, 2003, 4:20 am
quote:Originally posted by Mountaineer
My problem is that I can't seem to figure out what dictates the level of the bitmaps. Some bitmaps appear over or under in relation to others. The jet-bar.bmp for example has appeared over the jet.bar and the health.bmp yet the health-bar.bmp appears underneath all of these.
Is there any way that I can set a level? ie underneath...
A basic help file for this little app would be great from anyone...

Oh man, I have no idea what you're trying to say. What exactly do you mean by the level of the bitmaps? If you mean how some bitmaps overlap because of size: then the reason they overlap each other is because the bitmaps themselves are smaller or larger than their containers by only a few pixels. If you're talking about how some of the bitmaps are stacked over each other, then it's only natural that the contents of the bars overlap their containers.

n2j3
February 25, 2003, 6:16 am
lol. I tried hard to read and reread mountaineer's post with a view to helping him but it is nonsensical! [:D]
can you please rephrase or add a screenshot? that would help things out

Mountaineer
February 25, 2003, 1:54 pm
NightCabbage got it in one.
I want to know if there is any way to select the depth of the various bitmaps.
I have created some nice slider style bitmaps for the jet ammount and the health ammount but only the health bar shows up correctly.
The idea was that the icon graphics would overlay the actual bars so that the bar appears to taper away at either end (If anyone still doesn't get this I'll make a screenie).
Unfortunately the jet bar always overlays any other graphic.

DNA.styx
February 25, 2003, 2:30 pm
NC, just changed your message to use the [ code ] tags arround the boxes...works fine.

NightCabbage
February 25, 2003, 11:34 pm
THANK YOU STYX!!! :)

lol

Now people can actually understand it... hehe! gj! :)

NightCabbage

Dramavian
February 26, 2003, 5:19 am
While on the topic of interface maker help, has anybody figured out what that alpha thing does? (The box with the changeable number value, up to 250 i believe)

Mountaineer
February 26, 2003, 2:03 pm
I think it allows you to choose an opacity level for all of your bitmaps.
Make them all transparent or at least translucent.
It would be fantastic if you could do it on a per bitmap basis.
Other features I would like to see include:
*Depth selection for individual bitmaps
*The ability to import your own bitmaps (of any name, and that don't necessarily do anything)

I'm sure others could add to my little list...

Dramavian
February 26, 2003, 2:34 pm
Yeah i fiddled around with the interface a bit more earlier on...alpha seems to change the brightness/contrast of all images on the interface, higher the alpha, the brighter the images are.

Some more features I would like to see included:
1. Remove back.gif from powerup-boxes (ie, when you pick up say a berserk mode box) and make it a seperate image, just so if you decide to place a picture inside back.gif for the CTF mode of it (the flag box) it won't interfere when you use bonux-boxes.. (um.heh..i think i know what i mean..sorry..lol)

2. Perhaps a way to reposition the in-game text like "DOUBLE KILL" just in case if it overlaps with the UI.