( search forums )
M79's should be filtered
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Close Combat
November 11, 2005, 10:45 pm
The M79 is a weapon that has no right to be in socom . its for NOOBs who dont know how to snipe. THE m79 requiers no skill and it should be banned from soldat.

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 10:49 pm
Oh be quiet you.

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 10:51 pm
This is a great post.

Close Combat
November 11, 2005, 11:05 pm
THOSE WHO USE THE m79 has no skill what so ever and they should be lynched! lol

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 11:19 pm
Umm, whats the point of this topic?

Close Combat
November 11, 2005, 11:23 pm
Well the point if the topic is to point out that M79 rape is not a sign of skill but moreless a NOOB move. I would show a mini surfer more respect then a m79 serial-rapist. thank YOU critic

U can find me in U13's server if u got a problem. so shut ^

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 11:28 pm
Killing someone who is on the other side of the hill is skill to me.

And I use the minigun myself so shush already. You got a post-count of 11 in 15 minutes -_-

Close Combat
November 11, 2005, 11:33 pm
YES I LIKE TO POST is it a crime?

GluLm
November 11, 2005, 11:42 pm
In your case, yes it is.

Chonoryoku
November 11, 2005, 11:43 pm
Grammer clases plz omg lol >:

The M79 is a perfectly respectable weapon--as is the Barret and Minigun. If it bugs you that much, just keep your distance on big maps and get better at dodging in small maps.

.Loki
November 11, 2005, 11:58 pm
m79 has no right to be in socom? You mean soldat?

And I disagree. Sure, firing an m79 point blank may be easy, but true skill with m79 is something that is hard to come by. M79 moves slowly, and is easily predictable. To hit an enemy more than a couple of inches away on screen is not noobish at all.

Seriously, if your going to whine like a baby about a weapon, whine like a baby about the barret. Thats what all the other losers do.

Outcast
November 12, 2005, 12:17 am
Let's see, an m79 duel in ratcave, and you'll change your mind ;)

.Loki
November 12, 2005, 12:45 am
Ratcave is close quarters. M79 is close range. It doesn't take a genius to put the two together. Thats not being cheap, thats being smart.

GAMEOVER
November 12, 2005, 12:55 am
LMAO at this guy and this isnt SOCOM this is SOLDAT..

DeLarge
November 12, 2005, 12:57 am
I want this stupidity to come to a conclusion.

There is no such real classification as a "noob". The word "noob" derived from "newbie" was just another "1337" show-off. "Newbie" or "noob" was never ever heard until the internet age.

I find that people that don't know squat in the dictionary make up words that don't exist. Plus, the reason on the internet why calling people "noobs" is self-explainatory. Alot of people want to act tough, high and mighty, so they pick on new players.

I guess you hate M79s because you get blown up all the time.

Outcast
November 12, 2005, 1:37 am
quote:Originally posted by .LokiRatcave is close quarters. M79 is close range. It doesn't take a genius to put the two together. Thats not being cheap, thats being smart.

I mean, m79 vs. m79. And it is a small map, with loads of places that are just waiting for nice shots.

lithium
November 12, 2005, 2:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Close CombatTHOSE WHO USE THE m79 has no skill what so ever and they should be lynched! lol

Wow, that's the best argument I've ever heard. When you use the M79, are you able to do the things with it some people are able to? I highly doubt it. If you say it takes ne skill to use that's a pretty sure sign you get killed by it a lot. Stop whining and take some time to develop some skill and perhaps a strategy to use against M79 users.

Henkka
November 12, 2005, 2:37 am
ãgrees~

Oh wait, i don't.

Well, sort of...

It should be nerfed a bit, so only skilled players who can shot to the other side of a hill and stuff can use it normally, and only the newbs are left with a rendered piece of crap, if they don't know how to use it, that is.

But.. how?

.Loki
November 12, 2005, 2:47 am
m79 should NOT be nerfed. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO . What the hell is wrong with you

Henkka
November 12, 2005, 3:01 am
I meant.. for teh newbs.

Learn to use it and you'll be (or should be, at least) fine, just like now.

Kaider
November 12, 2005, 3:02 am
The m79 takes skill to use,and if you can't counter a person who is using the m79, learn how to. I suggest creating a bot using a bot creating program with it's favorite weapon being m79. Start off on the bot being stupid,and work your way up.

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 3:08 am
quote:Originally posted by DeLarge
There is no such real classification as a "noob". The word "noob" derived from "newbie" was just another "1337" show-off. "Newbie" or "noob" was never ever heard until the internet age.

I find that people that don't know squat in the dictionary make up words that don't exist. Plus, the reason on the internet why calling people "noobs" is self-explainatory. Alot of people want to act tough, high and mighty, so they pick on new players.

You still crack me up DeLarge :D

Keep it up man!

Henkka
November 12, 2005, 3:14 am
quote:I suggest creating a bot using a bot creating program with it's favorite weapon being m79. Start off on the bot being stupid,and work your way up.

No offense, but that sounds very nerd-ish, i only play for fun, you see.

Okay, whatever.

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 3:20 am
Nerdish?? How is that? Its not nerdish its simple. :o

Henkka
November 12, 2005, 3:52 am
I find it funny how the creator of this thread is called Close Combat, yet he dislikes m79 :P.

Cookie.
November 12, 2005, 5:02 am
quote:Originally posted by OutcastLet's see, an m79 duel in ratcave, and you'll change your mind ;)

I strongly suggest not taking him up on this offer, he will rape you with the m79 on that map before you can shoot, *unless* you camp him, but if you camp against outcast he bans you! :D

- Tek -
November 12, 2005, 8:30 am
nade jumping is all I use m79 for, in B2b, that's where teh skill is! Try not getting hurt, and using only the blast force. Someone once told me that was cheating, what a tard:
"OMGZ ur Uzin teh Xtreem blast forc of teh Em79 2 ur advontoj, dats HAX!"

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 9:10 am
I don't think the m79 needs to be filterd, then people would complain that barret should be and so on.

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 9:13 am
Filter that, then you'll need to filter baret, then the LAW, then Minigun, ruger, minimi, chainsaw, knife etc. If you cant beat a m79, you suck.

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 9:23 am
Anyways the server admin can uncheck it, so make a server without it.

Da cHeeSeMaN
November 12, 2005, 10:58 am
go owned by a m79 again did you? god i love that weapon...

ráz0r
November 12, 2005, 11:04 am
m79 is the least useful weapon in a skilled game. Clearly you have not entered one.

ThaD
November 12, 2005, 11:08 am
you neither...clearly

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 11:30 am
If you don't like M79, then you'll hate the Hell's fury. In fact, you'll probably hate everything in my mod.

Da cHeeSeMaN
November 12, 2005, 1:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by ráz0rm79 is the least useful weapon in a skilled game. Clearly you have not entered one.

I find it quite usefull. I play many clan wars...yes you cannot use it all the time same for all weapons, there is however a time and place for all guns. M79 you can launch yourself away quickly, and easily get atleast one kill per round it is a great attacking weapon.
Razor i ask you to think before you talk and not insult things you do not know...like the history of what ive played in.
Clearly by reading your signature i see your an ignorant [CENSORED].

Close Combat
November 12, 2005, 1:33 pm
IS IT NErdish to voice your opinion on a weapon that performs like a sawn-off shot gun with range of cannon? I think Not. Now i'm not hating on the m79 dont get me wrong. I'm just saying that the certain indivuals who PWN people with this weapon belives they deserve

RECOGNITION, RESPECT , AND PRAISE

which i highly dont belive. KILL me with a barret and i still cant see your sniping spot and thats worthy of praise.

Close Combat
November 12, 2005, 1:36 pm
Oh yeah NADE JUMPING is awesome TEK i enjoy it 2. I esepcially love catching a knife kill on some1 while flying at high speeds thats real skill right there.

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 2:46 pm
to use M79 you must be skilled cecourse that weapon is not so easy it shoots differently with the M79 you can experience with amazing moments also the m79 is very usefull maybe you dont like it becourse you cant duel with it that weapon can confuse peoples minds people think that you should run away from a graned that fly on you but people forget that it is just graned,you should run on in i mean if the graned comes from the left side so just run on it run that way that the graned will be behind you then you dont die but the good graneiders can "read" your movements before you are doing them tht called skill if you want to see how much the m79 can be good usefull and cool in the same time take a look on my MOVIE in the fan art forums the movie called "LOL Production"it short but amazing.

_Mancer_
November 12, 2005, 4:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeI want this stupidity to come to a conclusion.

Uh, No [CENSORED] you grammar nazi. Everyone knows this, attention [CENSORED].

.Loki
November 12, 2005, 5:29 pm
Damn, close combat. Just get over it allready.

edit: oh, and don't double post. That's what the edit function is for.

DeLarge
November 12, 2005, 7:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_
Uh, No [CENSORED] you grammar nazi. Everyone knows this, attention [CENSORED].

Your writing and the style of your mindless mythconceptional ignorancy is an example of a twatty-ass knobgoblin who never wakes up to the real world.

You (or other stooges like m00`) amaze me! I didn't think it was possible for one person to possess such a vast reservoir of acussing me for "attention-seeking". Now I know that's just stupid and it is false.

I sense that you, m00`, and others who just write a blatent excuse and start arguments to look for trouble. I am right and you're jealous of my opinions.

nfsjunkie91
November 12, 2005, 7:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeI want this stupidity to come to a conclusion.

Soldat was never heard of until the internet age too. And M79's are hella cool. and i like weapons mods, miniguns, and virtually blowing up 9 year olds. OH! and i am a new player, but if i'm new, then i shuld be called newb, n00b, |\|00|3, or any toher variant you can throw at me. and i really won't care, and i also don't care that i have started just about every sentence with "and".

EDIT: Oh, and Delarge, you crack me up too. 1337 |-|4><><0|255!!!!

Aquarius
November 12, 2005, 8:12 pm
I think Close Combat should be filtered.

DeLarge
November 12, 2005, 8:51 pm
Right on.

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 9:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Close Combatgun with range of cannon

Yeah, because everyone knows that the M79 can fire as far and stright as the Barret [/sarc].

Echo_Trail
November 13, 2005, 12:14 am
quote:Originally posted by .Lokim79 has no right to be in socom? You mean soldat?

I don't know just what he's talking 'bout..! man, this guy's lost it for good..

DeLarge
November 13, 2005, 4:41 am
It's because he hates M79s all the time meaning he gets blown up alot and he wants to take them out.

GAMEOVER
November 13, 2005, 5:54 pm
ffs just keep your distance and try and pick em off at mid to long range m79 is one of the easyer weapons to dodge.

Deleted User
November 13, 2005, 6:18 pm
^agree

DragonSlayer
November 13, 2005, 8:30 pm
I have no idea who this Close Combat guy is but obviously he has no clue what needs skill in Soldat.

DeLarge
November 13, 2005, 8:49 pm
Well, why don't you read my reason two posts above yours?

crazymonkey
November 13, 2005, 9:01 pm
There are 3 weapons I think that can successfully counter M79. Ruger, Steyr, and Ak. Not because they're easier to use, but because they're long range vs short range. M79 is only useful for returning flag, or picked up as a secondary in my opinion.

M79 isn't lame as long as you know how to dodge, and what weapons to use.

Spectral
November 13, 2005, 9:05 pm
yes, the m79 shot is quite slow and has an arc, making it such an easy weapon to dodge. But with adequate cover, a good m79 user is most formidable

-VzX- Silverflame
November 13, 2005, 10:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeIt's because he hates M79s all the time meaning he gets blown up alot and he wants to take them out.

amen to that dude....he's a cry baby WHAHAHAHAHA

Deleted User
November 13, 2005, 10:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by crazymonkeyThere are 3 weapons I think that can successfully counter M79. Ruger, Steyr, and Ak. Not because they're easier to use, but because they're long range vs short range. M79 is only useful for returning flag, or picked up as a secondary in my opinion.

M79 isn't lame as long as you know how to dodge, and what weapons to use.

Thats 4

Pigtard
November 14, 2005, 1:25 am
As an M79 user, I speak for not only myself, but others, by telling you this:

The M79 has a downward curve. Because of this curve, on occassion, you have to move your mouse upward a tad in order for the shot to hit precisely. Not only that, but like Loki pointed out, it is slow moving, and can be avoided easily if you stop moving. However, if you DON'T stop moving, a good m79er would easily be able to kill you. Also, you have to be closer to your enemies in order to get a good shot. Not only that, but the M79 also hurts you if you shoot at someone close up, whereas the barret does not, making the m79 seem more "daring" to use because you are attempting to proceed without full health. The m79 also has a bug, where you hit the enemy dead on, and it sometimes doesn't kill, or even harm them at all.

Now, the barret on the other hand, it has no curve, pretty much all you have to do is follow your sniper line, because of its straight-line bullet. The barret also can easily be used to kill someone no matter where they are on the map, unless a poly is seperating you from your enemy...actually, scratch that, it can kill someone EVEN IF a poly is in the way, my bad.

In conclusion: Don't think I'm hating on the barret, I'm not saying it doesn't take skill. I'm trying to get this fact through that idiot's thick skull: ALL GUNS TAKE SKILL, JUST SOME TAKE MORE THAN OTHERS.

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 2:49 am
quote: The M79 is a weapon that has no right to be in socom . its for NOOBs who dont know how to snipe. THE m79 requiers no skill and it should be banned from soldat.

*uncontrolible laughter*

I'm not against Barret and I use it when I feel its a good map for it, but if you're going to say that M79 is a "n00b weapon" then you have to take that stance with all weapons that are one hit kill or close too I.e, law, barret, ruger, shotgun. What you are suggesting is completely idiotic and nonsensicle, not to mention hypocritic. Blow of your steam on boogy man after you get owned by an M79 and not on the forums. Some may enjoy nonsense and rambling on the forums but I for one would like to keep them clean of stupid requests by angry soldat players with nothing to say but "3y3 4r3 ang3h 4t t3h m79!11 b4n ban!".

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 2:57 am
Wow this topic is really ignorant, Close Combat believe it or not, you are just a "noob" or "newbie" coming on these forums to whine because you need to practice and get better and countering M79's. Please, whine, cry, and take your problems elseware we don't want to hear everyone who hates a gun start a topic about how "omfg nerf this p.o.s. or remove it its ghey!"...

DeLarge
November 14, 2005, 2:59 am
Close Combat is so unprofessional at playing Soldat, he complains about the M79. Let's filter him out instead!

TheRelinquished
November 14, 2005, 3:02 am
I hate the M79....

No good reason. Just hate it.

Love that barret, though. It's nifty.

Some guy said I was cheap for using it, today. This was after he missed me with his M79 and I shot his face off point-blank.

What a knob.

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 11:08 am
You are the opposite of most players. Sorry but you are.

November 14, 2005, 12:24 pm
only those who can't dodge m79 shots are the lamest. It is so friggin slow, i can take out two people with a ruger and nades before an m79 nade comes within killing range.

Honestly, im neutral on all weapons, and that is how all players should be. I don't yell 'm79ard!' everytime someone kills me with an m79.

think it's a cheap skill-less weapon? As a former m-79 weaptard, i'd have to disagree, since '1337' players rarely ever come within instakill range lest they are extremely agressive, therefore you have to rely on the arc to take down players. Worst of all, using an m79 is a danger to yourself, and is hard to use continously because of it's single shot capacity. Once you get addicted to the m79, it's hard to use any other weaps (not insulting those who can, but n00bs who start off with the m79 will find it harder l8r on).

and how would you like it if we all flamed you about your 'sniping' skillz. n00bs who don't know how to snipe? well, soldat isn't a 'sniping' game, it's a more of a 'full on, frontal assault, destroy all in your path' game. You do not insult others who do not use the barret, because there are players who are way better than you, and who don't use your '1337' weapon that everyone must use in order to be '1337'.

Camping is not a bad thing, but when you say 'sniping', it almost seems deliberate. People camp when they're busy writing something down, or they're tired, or on the phone, or eating lunch or even when they can't be bothered to assault the enemy base, but they no one spends an entire game 'sniping'.

And for gods sake, make up your mind, is this SOCOM or SOLDAT?

Whining will not get you anywhere, PMing MM will not get you anywhere. Making topics just because you got blasted by an m79 user once too many times is stupid.

WE SHALL NOT REMOVE THE M79 FROM SOLDAT.

DragonSlayer
November 14, 2005, 12:50 pm
no plz remove m79 from soldat it takes much mores kill camping behind a bush and clicking one button for 10 minutes @_@;;!!!

I agree with 117. Although I think that camping is often a bad thing, but it's a valid tactic sometimes. I don't mind people who camp a bit every now and then if they are waiting for the flag carrier or something like that, but when you see someone camping in a single spot for a whole DM round, you just have to think is that even FUN.

Barret does take skill, but so does M79. In my opinion, M79 needs the most skill from all the primaries (SPAS after it). You can get incredibly good shots with it and using M79 for boosting (with or without nades) to kill the opponent with knife or something like that is fun as well. If you think M79 doesn't take skill, I can only think of two scenarios. One, you haven't played with good Soldat players so far. Or two, you tried to use it yourself and the best you could do was to hit when you were as close to the other player as possible, and then you concluded it doesn't need any skill.

I use almost ALL the weapons (Steyr, M79, knife, Barret, Ruger and AK the most) and I have played for a long time and I got a feeling you are just another new player who can get a kill or two with barret and now you think you are good in this game. Get on Quakenet and play with some actually skilled players.

ráz0r
November 14, 2005, 5:47 pm
My opinion too, he hasn't been sprayed too death by some steyr/ak combo yet :D.

DeLarge
November 14, 2005, 7:30 pm
Oh quiet DragonSlayer!

Lolly
November 14, 2005, 8:26 pm
good god this guy must be a total noob, i wonder how many 100s of people have raped him up the ass with the m79, i cant wait to find him and join the club

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 8:37 pm
Wow, dont try to piss me off man.

Echo_Trail
November 14, 2005, 10:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dezonusquote:Originally posted by crazymonkeyThere are 3 weapons I think that can successfully counter M79. Ruger, Steyr, and Ak.
Thats 4

No it ain't, dude.. Ruger, Steyr, and Ak. that's 3 by my count!

Ayway, the m79 is a weapon in soldat, and until that changes, quit whining about getting blown up and all, 'cause there's really nothing you can do 'bout it! except learning how to counter it, obviosly..
echo out

Hoodlum
November 14, 2005, 10:43 pm
I actually love playing in (WM) servs with SOCOM as my secondary as it always has M79 shots.

So fun, so fun.

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 11:26 pm
he still hasnt corrected himself, i bet he still thinks it's called socom........[CENSORED]tard

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 12:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Echo_Trailquote:Originally posted by Dezonusquote:Originally posted by crazymonkeyThere are 3 weapons I think that can successfully counter M79. Ruger, Steyr, and Ak.
Thats 4

He said M79 as well. And that makes 4.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 12:33 am
M79 doesnt counter another M79, its merely attempting to use it back as a form of mimic towards its use, thinking you might have the same success with the only factors that can be judged between 2 opposing m79s is the skill of both players with the gun, making itself the ultimate influence on the outcome. M79 doesnt counter itself, it levels the battlefield to skill. [/uber correction]

Well unfortanately, servers are banning the best counter to the m79. Btw, that guy also forgot to mention that barret is the 100% best gun to counter an m79 with. Uber range and damage > Fast reload and insta kill+Splash.

Chonoryoku
November 15, 2005, 1:54 am
quote:Originally posted by Dezonusquote:Originally posted by Echo_Trailquote:Originally posted by Dezonusquote:Originally posted by crazymonkeyThere are 3 weapons I think that can successfully counter M79. Ruger, Steyr, and Ak.
Thats 4

He said M79 as well. And that makes 4.
"There are 3 weapons that can sucessfully counter [the] M79[ers]. Ruger, Steyr, and AK.

THERE IS A PERIOD AFTER M79. :|

Rhombus
November 15, 2005, 8:05 am
The M79 is the weapon that requires most skill of all 14... if you miss....you're pretty [CENSORED]ed, so you have to hit your opponent right in the face.... And that takes skill...believe me. You probably just don't know how to use an M79, so you want to ban it, because everybody else DOES know how to use it.

Tybs
November 15, 2005, 9:07 am
The M79 does not only require skill, it also is one of the funniest weapons around (after the knife). I cant stop laughing when some n00b tries to shoot me with it when i fly above him, misses, and gets hit by his own nade :D. On the other hand, sometimes im such a guy myself... but little things like these keep the game fun.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 11:54 am
OMg ...what is the [CENSORED]ty point of this ?
Dont like it ? Dont play it....

Barret is on the same wave so ? ...

...spraying should be banned...

Close Combat
November 15, 2005, 4:45 pm
Shut UP you non-informed GUY! If u dont have anythingnice to say on the subject then goto powerpuff forums where punks like u can BASH anything they dont like.

It wasa simple mistake of me calling this socom instead of soldat. I love both of the games. can u hate a brother for that?

GAMEOVER
November 15, 2005, 5:08 pm
Listen you moron lots of these guys have been around a long time some even years I suggest you shut the hell up and listen.

Close Combat
November 15, 2005, 5:10 pm
YEa i dont care how long people have been playin... if thats a problem give em rank or ratings ensignia in the game. and since we wont do that.. since we just press F1 then we all are equal SON!

GAMEOVER
November 15, 2005, 5:17 pm
Go do yourself a favor. Go play in some gathers join a few clans get a lot of clan wars under your belt become a decent player then come back here and look at your posts ill be glad to laugh with you about em.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 5:31 pm
Go hand around in Socom and leave soldat alone ....

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 6:51 pm
Gameover, you realise that alot of people use m79 in gathers, there have been gather's I have been in that all use barrett/m79

GAMEOVER
November 15, 2005, 8:54 pm
Yeah but still this guy sounds like he has no expierence, m79s are an easy weapon to dodge just keep your distance and your fine.

Chonoryoku
November 15, 2005, 11:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Close CombatIt wasa simple mistake of me calling this socom instead of soldat. I love both of the games. can u hate a brother for that?
No, it wasn't a litte mistake (it was a huge one), and yes, we can hate you for that.

quote:Originally posted by Close Combat YEa i dont care how long people have been playin... if thats a problem give em rank or ratings ensignia in the game. and since we wont do that.. since we just press F1 then we all are equal SON!Most people become known by thier skills, attitude, sense of humour, mods, activity in the community, etc... not how long they play. I'm sure there are several people that have been playing for an extremely long time, but have never joined the forums, joined a clan, or done anything the make themselves known.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 11:58 pm
if your so smart why haven't you've edited your first post, close combat? i don't like you btw :D *pets close combat*