Ctf_Xwing, The Remake
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Soulsnipa
November 12, 2005, 10:40 am
Original:
[IMAGE]

Remake:
[IMAGE]

I need somone to waypoint, I'm trying to bust out maps cant be bothered with making and testing those stupid things.

PM me if you are interested.

Credits:
Anna-Polyworks
Serial Killer- Scenery
(Your Name Here)-Waypoints

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 12:38 pm
the texture is the only thing different.. and the shading.

Soulsnipa
November 12, 2005, 12:45 pm
thanks einstein...

....what did u expect. the texture is actually the same its just my mod changing it. There are different spawn points and other easter eggs.

Da cHeeSeMaN
November 12, 2005, 1:16 pm
Nice looks amazingly better than first one.

papasurf31
November 12, 2005, 1:40 pm
You could learn some texture stretching to make it looks more 3d. The whole fixed texture things really detracts from the map. Besides that, it looks like x-wings but I can't imagine gameplay being anything more than decent.

Soulsnipa
November 12, 2005, 3:20 pm
hmm ill try to stretch it idono how well it will look

i see what u mean, but i would need to do a lot more work to make it work.

gameplay is pretty fun, should be even better with the improvements i made. It doesnt look fun but it is suprisingly

.Loki
November 12, 2005, 5:41 pm
Nice shading. But you need more for the background. Definitely add stars, and you might consider adding a planet too.

My only other comment would be on the textures. You might want to move some of them around on the new Xwing. It doesn't look realistic when they tile together on, say for example, the body and the wing.

GAMEOVER
November 13, 2005, 6:35 pm
So ugly..

Hoodlum
November 13, 2005, 7:22 pm
That looks like a cool 1v1 map.

Keron Cyst
November 13, 2005, 9:29 pm
As for the remake stretch the textures so they fit the 3D atmosphere, and make the frontal part of the Xwings (that nose-like t'ingy) jut out more, bigger. Background could use some stars.

Raptor
November 15, 2005, 10:05 pm
I like the original one better...

Hoodlum
November 15, 2005, 10:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by RaptorI like the original one better...
Well the old one is nice but the texture on the new one makes it look alot more realistic.

Raptor
November 15, 2005, 10:18 pm
^But the X-Wings don't have that kind of texture in Star Wars... That's why I like the old one better.

EDIT: No more discussions about this.

Soulsnipa
November 16, 2005, 2:25 am
well I guess it was a good thing that I posted these maps without releasing them. Could you suggest a texture. I will work on finding a good one. I also did some stretching. Anyway go to http://sml.u13.net to critique more of my maps, thanks.

Raptor
November 17, 2005, 10:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by SoulsnipaAnyway go to http://sml.u13.net to critique more of my maps

If you said that in a mad manner (like if I'm being rude to your work) Please don't look at it that way, I just said what I like. I didn't say that the modified version of your X-wings suck. Better! They look different and that texture combines very good with the background.

Soulsnipa
November 17, 2005, 10:58 pm
no, u are taking it the wrong way that i took it the wrong way. I enjoyed ur criticism. I wanted you to go to look at my other maps that havent released yet and critique them as well. I was just saying that it saved me time that I didnt have to upload it twice. I will work on a better texture as I said.