( search forums )
Odd Bugs, Help-Two Maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Soulsnipa
November 12, 2005, 12:51 pm
Tried fixing a few polybugs in ctf bedroom...

Anyone have any solution to this map?

you dont need the extra scenery, just go to the left desk and try to grab the red bouncy flag.

http://sml.u13.net/files/ctf_swfan.PMS

View this topic for more information on the second bug. People cant join my server to play it, but if they are already joined and have it they can. Plus people can get into my other downloaded maps
http://sml.u13.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23

grand_diablo
November 13, 2005, 10:46 pm
tried compiling 'em with Polyworks?

Soulsnipa
November 14, 2005, 2:17 am
tried everything its feckin weird

The Geologist
November 14, 2005, 2:43 am
It's not a matter of one flag spawn being higher than the other? That gives me a few flag troubles from time to time.

Soulsnipa
November 14, 2005, 3:15 am
well for the first map:

There were some invisible poly's you know the bugged ones in mapmaker that are really small. Well I went back and deleted them in polyworks. That messed that part of the map up. Idono how to fix it.

Race Map:

Theres no issue with the flag here its just joining the server. People get wrong map version detected if they join the server with this map running. But if they have established a connection otherwise the admin can switch to the map and it runs fine.

Soulsnipa
November 15, 2005, 12:34 am
would anyone be willing to help or should i pm michal?

Michal Marcinkowski
December 3, 2005, 1:22 pm
I fixed your map ctf_swfan.PMS. It was really screwed, it even made the dedicated server crash. I don't know how you did it, congratulations :).
Here's how I fixed it:
it seemed that the place where the red flag spawn appeared was really strange. So I removed the flag spawn, recompiled in Map Maker, placed the spawn somewhere else.

Keron Cyst
December 3, 2005, 10:54 pm
I had that same problem on Boxo's ctf_Ground (come anywhere near the flag, which appears to be "loose" even though it's where it should be, and you instantly respawn as if you stepped out of boundaries); recompiling did the trick. I think changing a bunch of polygonal colors requires the map to be recompiled if you alter enough of them.

It's not a PW problem, at least.