( search forums )
Two ideas: flag-hold and flag knock out
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
November 12, 2005, 9:03 pm
1) i understand that many people would think this is a cheap idea but it definitely is realistic: while you're touching the flag in its base, the enemy should not be able to take it since your holding it in place - as simple as that.

2) if you have no guns (fists) and you punch the enemy flag carrier, he should drop the flag (as well as gun (if not in use)). and then you can pretty much instantly return it. However, since it might be glitchy and the enemy could jsut instantly get the falg again, it should be so that when punched the flag gets immediately returned.
I don't have the details worked out right now, but you get the general idea...

EDIT:
hi, my name is zyxstand.

Deleted User
November 21, 2005, 10:33 pm
Hi zyxstand.... yeah personnaly both are usless, the flag holding, just BAM dead and get the flag and the punching, if they cant kill you with a gun what chance do they have with a fist. so no

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 1:50 am
i agree with taal, and welcome to soldatforums zyxstand

Tybs
November 22, 2005, 4:12 pm
Think its true this would be more realistic though... i dont know for sure about idea 1 if it could be of any use, but i support idea 2. Ive had enough of times where i got next to the EFC and gave a punch with my gun. Usually this doesnt kill him, but i think it would be nice to make the flag drop at such a situation.

Echo_Trail
November 22, 2005, 5:46 pm
both are interresting ideas, but do we really need'em? wouldn't it be a chain around your foot, rather than soething usefull?.. or fun..

zyxstand
November 22, 2005, 9:14 pm
a chain around two enemies' feet is realistic, even (fair), and disliked by both - but they both like that the other one has it. kind of like making a real and survival game - it'll keep two people from having too much control over the map (as in knowing where everyone is) but at the same time it's more REALISTIC (realistic being the keyword here (and hence capitalized)).

Keron Cyst
November 23, 2005, 2:04 am
I don't like the way you worded the punch idea, although knocking it out sounds nice (not just fist, tho'; just any general melee). I propose the flag should fly forward or up as if the flag-carrier threw it in that direction (so it teleports through the air for a bit like flag-throwing).