( search forums )
Sound volume
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chameleon
November 13, 2005, 3:10 am
there should be a way to change the sound effects volume, and the music volume during game, instead of having to go to the main menu. like shift+F5 or something like that.

Echo_Trail
November 18, 2005, 10:13 pm
turn down the speaker volume*..

*it was a joke, dammit! don't freak out allready! jerks!..

zyxstand
November 19, 2005, 1:04 am
lol... i external and keyboard volume controls... so it aint a big problem for me

metal123
November 24, 2005, 12:59 am
I use my headphones ;) they have a volume switch on the cord.

I relly dont know why you would need a volume thing ingame. But if it is comeing ingame then it should be binded to the "-" and "+" keys. Just dont replace my favorite keys =)

Echo_Trail
November 24, 2005, 12:29 pm
The thing is, by turning down your volume on your speakers, you turn down the intire volume.. not just the music or the ingame sound...

Koon
November 25, 2005, 3:48 am
What sounds do you want turned down exactly?

person
November 25, 2005, 4:42 am
He probably wants to listen to other things such as music while playing, and finds it a hassle to quite the game he is currently playing if he wishes to turn down/up the volume of the game in order to enjoy either the music or the game depending on what he feels like at the time.
I can't imagine it would require that much effort to code, and as it'd be helpful; I think it'd be a worthwhile addition to the game for many users.

Kaider
November 25, 2005, 5:38 am
Wow.....I can't believe no one has told this person that his suggestion is already in Soldat.

Ok,you have to go to options, and in the upper right hand corner of the screen,you can adjust music and sound effects volume....it's not that hard to figure out...

Echo_Trail
November 25, 2005, 6:24 am
surely he knows that!... he want's to be able to configure it ingame! So he doesn't have to quit to main menu in order to do so!

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 5:43 pm
well, he could just wait to do it when he switches servers =/

I sometimes decide that I want to not hear music anymore so, when I go to switch to another server, I go do that first.

It doesn't bother me again the =/

Tybs
November 25, 2005, 6:04 pm
Hmm, i kinda understand the "problem" it can give... i sometimes have things i need to adjust at the main menu too, but i always forget to do it when im switching servers :S

Veritas
November 25, 2005, 6:10 pm
I use a laptop so just to the left I've got this little wheel thingy to quickly change volume, pwnz.

Maybe not everyone can change the volume this easily, but still, what you're suggesting is redundant.

Kyklis
November 25, 2005, 10:32 pm
>.<. Veritas. READ IT AGAIN. It says to be able to turn down MUSIC volume AND EFFECTS volume seperately, WHILE in game. Changing the volume the way you do turns down effects AND music volume, not just one or the other.

Echo_Trail
November 26, 2005, 12:53 am
well, u can't expect too much from ppl...

Veritas
November 26, 2005, 12:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Kyklis>.<. Veritas. READ IT AGAIN. It says to be able to turn down MUSIC volume AND EFFECTS volume seperately, WHILE in game. Changing the volume the way you do turns down effects AND music volume, not just one or the other.

This is what I meant to be redundant.

person
November 26, 2005, 2:11 pm
You see, Veritas, you're a little slow.

Perhaps you may not know what redundant means; I really don't know. But basically, what you're saying is pretty [CENSORED]ing retarded. Thanks for your opinion though.

Veritas
November 26, 2005, 3:34 pm
Granted, my first post in this thread could have been written in a better way, but it was 2 in the morning and I was drunk so what do you expect?

But seriously, the need for in-game hot keys to change music and sound effects volumes seperately are so small it's not worth the time it would take to program it.

Denacke
November 26, 2005, 4:16 pm
I fully support this idea and hope it will be added in the near future. I might have an easyer idea, which could be expanded in many ways.

How about being able to change it through the console:
/volume_music 0-100
/volume_effects 0-100

There could be a whole set of commands to represent the options and player menu:
/nick NewNickname
/sniper_line 0/1
/player_indicator 0/1

An other extension to this, regarding hotkeys, would be the /bind command. Many probably know this from other 3D games.

Example:
/bind p "/player_indicator 1"
Would make the p-key set the player indicator on.

Feel free to expand this idea!

person
November 26, 2005, 5:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by DenackeI fully support this idea and hope it will be added in the near future. I might have an easyer idea, which could be expanded in many ways.

How about being able to change it through the console:
/volume_music 0-100
/volume_effects 0-100

There could be a whole set of commands to represent the options and player menu:
/nick NewNickname
/sniper_line 0/1
/player_indicator 0/1

An other extension to this, regarding hotkeys, would be the /bind command. Many probably know this from other 3D games.

Example:
/bind p "/player_indicator 1"
Would make the p-key set the player indicator on.

Feel free to expand this idea!

That'd also be pretty good.

Veritas
November 26, 2005, 5:20 pm
Great idea Denacke, I fully support it.