( search forums )
Punch?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Weapon Balance Discussion
Algernon
November 13, 2005, 5:56 am
i'm for increasing the damage, speed or both on the fist. i've been playing around with this in a mod and it works out pretty well. it's like a psitol whip and it takes a big chunk out of your health.

[Punch]
Damage=60000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=50
BulletStyle=6
StartUpTime=0
Bink=2
MovementAcc=1

Swarmer
November 13, 2005, 9:24 pm
yes.

one thing i dont like about punching (and knife stabbing) is the delay between clicking and the action. you have to "wind up" your arm and then punch/stab. i think it should do the damage right when you click. it would be much more useful.

if punch becomes more powerful, i might someday go "Fist n' Nades"

headstone
November 14, 2005, 2:19 am
Remember, the punch has the same stats as a melee with a gun, so you can't over power it.

Algernon
November 15, 2005, 2:26 am
i still think the punch is really weak. increasing it's damage (now 60000 on my mod) will give a little more power to the auto users at close range. also it just makes the game a whole lot more fun. it addes a new element to the game and opens the door for new tactics. there are times where i've had 1% health and taken out a guy with punch that would have otherwise gunned me down... and made off with the flag. i'll also get my arse kicked by a "major" too or an auto user spraying can punch me before i can kill with my SAW. i like that because 1.3's SAW is waaay overpowered. i've multi x2'd and serial'd too many times in this new version with that SAW.

Ok
November 15, 2005, 8:29 am
A punch is a punch, it should be underpowered.
Someone with a weapon in his hand shouldnt have a problem dealing with a punch.
Its there as a bonus, sometimes it can be used pretty efficiantly with alittle bit of luck.
Keep it that way.

MisterX
November 15, 2005, 6:25 pm
I also don't think that the punch has to be a "balanced" "weapon". If you lose your weapon you should definitely have a disadvantage, and it shouldn't mean you can still compete just as before. And especially if "punch" also means hitting someone with your weapon in melee it's definitely ok, because often fights are ended by the 2 guys getting up close and punching each other with their weapons ;)

Algernon
November 16, 2005, 4:26 am
i'd like the "punch" to be more of a pistol whip than an actual punch. i like it as a 2 hit kill melee weapon. as it is now it's just too weak. why even have it in the game if it's totally worthless?

Cookie.
November 16, 2005, 4:46 pm
Only reason to use punch is for the disarm :\

GAMEOVER
November 16, 2005, 9:12 pm
A punch killing someone is so unrealistic maybe add a stun effect or make em drop their weapon.

Chonoryoku
November 16, 2005, 11:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.Only reason to use punch is for the disarm :If you're close enough to punch and disarm the other guy than he can punch and disarm you too :<

Then it turns into a ridiculous fistfight--each person keeps trying to pick up thier dropped weaon but can't because they keep getting disarmed. It keeps going until someone dies or a player's team mate comes along.

Personally, I think that if someone wants to be more effective at point-blank range, they should use a Chainsaw. That's what it's there for.

N1nj@
November 16, 2005, 11:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERA punch killing someone is so unrealistic maybe add a stun effect or make em drop their weapon.
It already does that, the disarmming part.

Algernon
November 17, 2005, 2:57 am
i really, an i mean really, hate brining halo into the discussion but the pistol whip of halo (B buttion) is what i would like to see soldat's punch become. in otherwords, i'd like to see your gun become a powerfull melee weapon under the soldat punch. it will be inferior to the SAW and kinfe but not so weak that it only has a "lol" factor that it has now. you know, "LOL you got killed by punch!" EG: it's so weak that getting killed by it is quite a laugh. in otherwords the punch is a joke it's so weak.

for the record i hate halo/halo2. don't direct and anti halo remarks at me because i hate it too. probably more than you do.

Tybs
November 17, 2005, 9:10 am
I like the punch the way it is... in every game i notice some people who got killed by punching already. I dont see why we would need punching to truly count as a weapon, its good to keep it a little bit weak (like it would be in realistic fight... actually, its even stronger than in reallife). Also, its a lot more fun to disarm someone first, and then shoot him in the head with his own weapon :D. This is hard to do though if one or two punches kill someone right away.

MisterX
November 17, 2005, 1:08 pm
I concur with Tybs here. Punch just shouldn't be counted as a weapon. Why should it be? We already have the saw for close combat, and at the moment it's even the "worst" secondary. And when you disarm your opponent by punching him, this mostly means you'll be easily able to kill him anyway. I really don't see why it should be better.