( search forums )
R.I.P Eddie Guerrero 1967 - 2005
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
November 13, 2005, 9:15 pm
i'm is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and daughters Shaul, 14, Sherilyn, 9, and Kaylie Marie, 3.

eddie was one of my favorites and i've watched him since i was 5..
he died this morning..

the autopsy will start monday..

Eddie Guerrero was born into Mexico?s first family of professional wrestling in 1967. The son of the legendary Gory Guerrero, it was only natural that Eddie, along with his three older brothers, would pursue a career in sports-entertainment. With wrestling flowing through his veins, Eddie began his in-ring training at a very young age. In fact, Guerrero had mastered the dropkick by his third birthday.

Eddie moved from his family?s backyard ring to the professional circuit in 1987 when he debuted as ?Mascara Magica? or ?Magic Mask? in Mexico. After teaming with his brothers, Guerrero broke out on his own, crafting his skills in the lucha libre world. Eddie then moved on to Japan, wrestling as Black Tiger. It was there that Guerrero first met good friend Chris Benoit.

After moving back to Mexico full time, Eddie began teaming with El Hijo del Santo, who was the son of Gory Guerrero?s long-time associate El Santo. Eddie and Santo eventually broke up, with Eddie forming a duo with Art Barr. The pair would feud with Santo in one of the most heated rivalries in lucha libre history, which culminated in Guerrero and Barr losing a hair vs. mask match to Santo and Octagon in November 1994.

Eddie then moved on to ECW, where he gained his first full exposure in the United States. Not long after his ECW debut, Guerrero defeated 2 Cold Scorpio for the ECW Television Championship, a title he held twice before moving to WCW. Guerrero's ECW stay will always be remembered for the amazing match he had with Dean Malenko before leaving the promotion. After the match, which many consider to be one of the greatest ECW matches ever, the crowd showed their appreciation for Guerrero by giving him a standing ovation.

Guerrero spent four years competing in WCW. While there, he was a part of numerous memorable rivalries with the likes of Booker T, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko, Ric Flair and nephew Chavo.

on Dec. 29, 1996, Guerrero defeated Diamond Dallas Page in the finals of a tournament to crown a new United States Champion. He also went on to capture the Cruiserweight Championship on two separate occasions before leaving WCW.

On Jan. 31, 2000, four new faces showed up on Monday Night RAW and shocked the sports-entertainment world. They were former WCW wrestlers Benoit, Malenko, Perry Saturn and Eddie Guerrero ? The Radicalz. The faction immediately got involved in a match between the New Age Outlaws and Al Snow & Steve Blackman, marking the beginning of Guerrero?s amazing WWE career.

Over the next five years, Eddie Guerrero overcame many obstacles to reach the top. In his first WWE match against the Outlaws, Eddie suffered a dislocated elbow, but returned to action in a short time. On April 3, 2000, he claimed his first piece of WWE gold, defeating Chris Jericho to win the European Championship. He would go on to win that championship one more time in 2001.

After The Radicalz went their separate ways, Eddie began a relationship with his ?Mamacita,? Chyna. In fact, it was Chyna that Eddie defeated in September 2000 to claim the Intercontinental Championship. After their split, Eddie?s demons got the best of him. He subsequently took time off from the ring in 2001 to deal with his personal issues.

Upon his return in 2002, Eddie?s career skyrocketed to new heights. He won the Intercontinental Championship again in May 2002, this time from Rob Van Dam. Eventually, Eddie moved to SmackDown where he teamed with nephew Chavo to capture the WWE Tag Team Championship. He would win that championship three more times, as well as the United States Championship, but his greatest moment came in February 2004.

On Feb. 15, 2004 in San Francisco, Guerrero defeated Brock Lesnar at No Way Out to become WWE Champion. He had reached the pinnacle of the industry, and went on to headline WrestleMania XX against Kurt Angle. No one will ever forget the scene at the end of the show, when Eddie joined long-time friend Benoit in the ring to celebrate moments after Benoit won the World Heavyweight Championship.

Eddie later formed an alliance with another old friend, Rey Mysterio, and the duo would win the WWE Tag Team Championship in early 2005. This was Eddie?s final run as a champion, as the duo split up after WrestleMania 21 and began a bitter rivalry, highlighted by numerous breath-taking matches.

At No Mercy on Oct. 9, 2005, Eddie?s 38th birthday, Eddie squared off against a new amigo, Batista. He was unable to win the World Heavyweight Championship from the Animal, but their friendship was cemented when Batista led the crowd in singing Happy Birthday to Latino Heat afterwards. A little more than one month later, Guerrero competed in his final televised match on the Nov. 11 edition of Friday Night SmackDown where he defeated Mr. Kennedy.

Cookie.
November 13, 2005, 10:08 pm
I always hated Eddie...
Best wrestler ever was Mankind :P

mar77a
November 13, 2005, 10:19 pm
eddied liked breaking the signature rules?

AerialAssault
November 13, 2005, 10:22 pm
Mankind was awsome. i remember that one streetfight match he had with the rock years ago. he won by pinning him with a forklift.

but yeah, it sucks guerrrero died. i stopped watching wrestling to 2003 though. i was pissed when the hardy boys broke up, they were so awsome to watch.

Hoodlum
November 13, 2005, 10:49 pm
His brother was better.

peemonkey
November 14, 2005, 12:23 am
who is this [CENSORED]?

Captain Ben
November 14, 2005, 5:01 am
Egads! I always thought it was fake! But I always took entertainment in watching GOldberg fake his way to the top.

DeLarge
November 14, 2005, 5:55 am
Nobody explained what was the cause of his death.

Cookie.
November 14, 2005, 5:57 am
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeNobody explained what was the cause of his death.

Roids, coke, and booze I imagine

frogboy
November 14, 2005, 6:23 am
Owned!

m00`
November 14, 2005, 6:26 am
wrestling is stupid

DeLarge
November 14, 2005, 6:30 am
I know. It's nothing more than phony moves with fake blood that was secretly wrapped in a bag that bursts open when somebody gets hurt.

The Geologist
November 14, 2005, 6:35 am
Except when they stage acts from the roof and fall to their deaths.

Soulsnipa
November 14, 2005, 6:43 am
owen :(

peemonkey
November 14, 2005, 6:53 am
if we're talking about rasslin, [CENSORED] you. [CENSORED] you and anyone who looks like you.

Meandor
November 14, 2005, 12:19 pm
eddie=sneakyg

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 1:31 pm
dont be disrespectful :(

I wub eddie <3<3

Cookie.
November 14, 2005, 1:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeI know. It's nothing more than phony moves with fake blood that was secretly wrapped in a bag that bursts open when somebody gets hurt.

They carry a small razor blade on them and cut the other guy when they are suppose to bleed while the camera is off them

Elephant_Hunter
November 14, 2005, 7:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCedont be disrespectful :(

I wub eddie <3<3

I hate when people say that. There's a difference between disrespect and lightening the situation. Not only that, but people do comedies about dead folks all the time. Ancient romans, kings, queens... all impersonated regularly today. Just because this is a recent death doesn't give eddieboy any special privileges.

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 7:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.quote:Originally posted by DeLargeI know. It's nothing more than phony moves with fake blood that was secretly wrapped in a bag that bursts open when somebody gets hurt.

They carry a small razor blade on them and cut the other guy when they are suppose to bleed while the camera is off them

yea.. that is true..

Rhombus
November 14, 2005, 8:21 pm
it's still just [CENSORED] and fake...

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 9:16 pm
that has nothing to do with this..
the guy in my sig died yesterday. and you should respect him.

m00`
November 14, 2005, 9:16 pm
do people even bleed in wrestling games? i swear i havnt seen anyone bleed :/

AerialAssault
November 14, 2005, 9:17 pm
wrestling isnt quite as fake as you might think. they all have to learn how to take falls. that mat they land on isnt nearly as soft as you would think it is. when they hit the canvas they hit it for real. even though there is a microphone underneath it to make it sound louder.

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 9:20 pm
the only thing that is fake, are the punching and kicking..

m00`
November 14, 2005, 9:21 pm
isnt that what wrestling is supposed to be about? if the kicking and punching is fake then the whole thing is fake!

wormdundee
November 15, 2005, 3:10 am
hhh, theres a lot more fake than just the punching and kicking...

you think the moves such as backbreakers and the tombstone are really happening? everybody in wrestling would be dead

yes i realize, they probably still get bruised and stuff, but there is hardly ever any serious injuries

plus, i dont agree with your statement that "this guy just died yesterday, you should respect him"
if i don't respect someone when theyre alive, im not going to respect them when theyre dead

Cookie.
November 15, 2005, 3:43 am
quote:Originally posted by wormdundeehhh, theres a lot more fake than just the punching and kicking...

you think the moves such as backbreakers and the tombstone are really happening? everybody in wrestling would be dead

yes i realize, they probably still get bruised and stuff, but there is hardly ever any serious injuries

plus, i dont agree with your statement that "this guy just died yesterday, you should respect him"
if i don't respect someone when theyre alive, im not going to respect them when theyre dead

Especially if said person was doing roids!

UGK
November 15, 2005, 3:44 am
I was gonna post this but I thought you guys would falme me for it.... R.I.P. Eddie

Rhombus
November 15, 2005, 7:55 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHthat has nothing to do with this..

why should I respect him? because he is dead? Do you think I will respect George W. Bush when he forgets to wake up? It's one of the dumbest sports, but as they say, do not hate the game, hate the player... so I hate all those wrestlers. I do NOT respect him.

Captain Ben
November 15, 2005, 8:31 am
What do you call a dead man buried in leaves?

RUSSEL!!

Raptor
November 15, 2005, 10:23 pm
^ha.............ha...............ha..............

That's what you wanted me to say?

AerialAssault
November 16, 2005, 4:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Rhombusquote:Originally posted by HHHthat has nothing to do with this..

why should I respect him? because he is dead? Do you think I will respect George W. Bush when he forgets to wake up? It's one of the dumbest sports, but as they say, do not hate the game, hate the player... so I hate all those wrestlers. I do NOT respect him.
you have no respect for him, because you werent interested in his profession?

m00`
November 16, 2005, 4:27 am
yep basically people that pretend to wrestle in a square in front of thousands of morons dont deserve any respect anyway

Cookie.
November 16, 2005, 4:36 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`yep basically people that pretend to wrestle in a square in front of thousands of morons dont deserve any respect anyway

Why? Thats the same as saying actors who pretend to fight\ steal\ wrestle\ do halle berry\ etc. in movies don't deserve any respect either
Or actors in the theatre since they are only just pretending...

A wrestler is an actor m00 :P They might be bad at it but they are, plus it takes an athlete and some roids to do what they are doing

m00 is teh moran

m00`
November 16, 2005, 4:47 am
lalala, mabe their actors, but their stupid actors that cant act, i have no respect for stupid actors that cant act (i would also like to include Hilary Duff, she is a moron)

Captain Ben
November 16, 2005, 5:50 am
What do you call a dead man in a hole?

DOUG!!

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 4:39 pm
what do you call a moron who is inside a ass?

CAPAHTAIN B[CENSORED]

y0da
November 17, 2005, 9:49 am
heart attack or what?

DeLarge
November 17, 2005, 9:55 am
First, I get people saying Eddie died of a drug overdose. Secondly, there's other crap that I never care. In my humble opinion I realized it's fake. There is no true explination of his death.

Echo_Trail
November 17, 2005, 10:45 am
wrestlin'? - i hate it!..

frogboy
November 17, 2005, 10:55 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHwhat do you call a moron who is inside a ass?

CAPAHTAIN B[CENSORED]
What do you call a moron who still hasn't grasped the idea that 'an' is used before a vowel (edit: and thinks most of wrestling is real)?

LOL ITS SPROCKET

Echo_Trail
November 17, 2005, 11:12 am
well, can't argue with that..

Deleted User
November 17, 2005, 4:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeFirst, I get people saying Eddie died of a drug overdose. Secondly, there's other crap that I never care. In my humble opinion I realized it's fake. There is no true explination of his death.

yes hell there is!!!!

"quoted from his wife wickie"

quote:Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report
Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie?s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

?It was heart failure. It was from his past ? the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that?s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn?t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn?t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn?t feeling good and we thought it was just ?road tired.? So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn?t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I?m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It?s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don?t know what to do now.?

lithium
November 17, 2005, 11:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`wrestling is stupid

It's not even really wrestling.

paramud
November 18, 2005, 12:46 am
[IMAGE]

Milkman Dan
November 18, 2005, 3:50 am
MAMACITA!!
YOU WANT SOME LATINO HEAT?!

The Geologist
November 18, 2005, 3:53 am
Question: Why do you feel the need to post the same message twice in your sig?

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 4:03 am
Because his love for fake wrestling goes beyond friendship. . .?

Captain Ben
November 18, 2005, 5:47 am
HULK HOGAN FOREVER!

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 3:58 pm
i had pancakes for breakfast..

The Geologist
November 18, 2005, 5:13 pm
Good job dodging the question.

?
November 18, 2005, 9:13 pm
ug wrestling... so annoying

Raptor
November 18, 2005, 10:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?ug wrestling... so annoying

Yeah, maybe it's annoying for you because you are a fat LAZY that can't google "N"...

frogboy
November 18, 2005, 10:38 pm
[IMAGE]
Best. Sig. Ever.

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 11:00 pm
I am Mancer and I approve of this.

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 11:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboy[IMAGE]
Best. Sig. Ever.

you are [CENSORED]..

frogboy
November 18, 2005, 11:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHyou are [CENSORED]..
Incredibly. And even wrestling is too [CENSORED] for me.

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 11:54 pm
even sanity is to [CENSORED] for you.. so is strait people.

Cookie.
November 19, 2005, 2:00 am
Where can I see these people made of narrow bodies of water!!! O_O

paramud
November 19, 2005, 5:06 am
Seriously, FrogboyVille.
Nice one.

frogboy
November 19, 2005, 5:57 am
Ville did it.

Echo_Trail
November 19, 2005, 9:01 am
i don't understand how this thread ever survived for this long..
c'mon you guys! this fellah's dead! we need to focus on somthing important and up-to-date..
like how to generate lag! O_o

DeLarge
November 19, 2005, 10:20 am
I killed Guerrero.

LazehBoi
November 19, 2005, 11:31 am
Spoiler: GUERRERO DIES!

Deleted User
November 19, 2005, 11:31 am
no [CENSORED]..

paramud
November 19, 2005, 9:13 pm
~~~~~~~~~~[SPOILER!!!]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snape kills Eddie Guerrero.

?
November 19, 2005, 9:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Raptorquote:Originally posted by ?ug wrestling... so annoying

Yeah, maybe it's annoying for you because you are a fat LAZY that can't google "N"...

I get people to do things for me

LazehBoi
November 21, 2005, 1:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHno [CENSORED]..

NO

YOU ARE THE WEENIE

Deleted User
November 21, 2005, 4:25 pm
you are the sausage..

Raptor
November 21, 2005, 4:26 pm
^I agree...

MOFO NOFO
November 22, 2005, 1:16 am
EDDIE IS G@Y. Wrestling is fake!

Deleted User