( search forums )
HTF/DM/rambo Muck (link fixed, edges removed)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
The Geologist
November 14, 2005, 7:11 am
Here it is, my entry for the second round of the mapping contest. The layout is very balanced, yet I think the randomized spawnpoint placement will counter the rather ctf-like layout. I thought of redoing the map for something more circular, but I like the creation regardless. It serves well in realistic mode as a DM, and the HTF spawns should make for an interesting game.

*Not waypointed (yet)
*Small map, best for 6-8
*Thanks to any custom scenery or texture I'm not giving credit to
*Supports HTM, rambo, and DM modes. CTF soon to come.

Overview
Download

Constrictuve criticisms only, please. Play and enjoy, and please point out and bugs or glitches so I can correct them as need be. Waypointing anyone?

*since people didn't like the edge file (including myself) I just took it out..if this causes problems let me know.

Edit: Now includes the edge meant to go with this texture, if you were having any visual problems as described below.

m00`
November 14, 2005, 8:23 am
that looks very nice geo, it reminds me of a map, i forgot the name :D

Keron Cyst
November 14, 2005, 2:27 pm
Yes!!

*goes to wypt. xD*

Looks 1337, BTW, esp. the lower shading.

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 4:05 pm
Hmm... the screenshot actually looks different.
I just hate the edge file as it ruins the look.

[IMAGE]

The map's a little small, but nice in general.

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 4:15 pm
just delete the edges then..

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 4:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHjust delete the edges then..

smartass...

this would only bring more bugs in online play(edges all around the place), and if the map was hosted on a server i think the client would download the edges too (again)...

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 5:00 pm
then stop playing soldat..

nice map, but looks like a millon others..

rabidhamster
November 14, 2005, 5:43 pm
wow geo, i didn't expect this from you. i thought you were gonna make a very dark, mushy map. still nice, but as hhh said, it looks too similiar to other maps. not that my submission doesn't, i'm just saying.

SERIAL KILLeR
November 14, 2005, 5:45 pm
make the edges green (lime) so they are transparant.

Nice map, but it seems a bit small.

Keron Cyst
November 14, 2005, 6:22 pm
Clarification: in HTF do wypts. function the same way as DM? Both teams take the same path and the flag-carrier takes Path 2?

The Geologist
November 14, 2005, 7:16 pm
This map was meant to be played without the edges, that's why I did not include them in the .zip.

Edit: Maybe you have a different version of the edges, with the same name? I don't see that problem at all when I play this map. I'll update the .zip with the edge since it appears to be in my edges folder and in use..

Edit: Don't really care if the map looks like any others, it serves it's function and looks swampy enough for me. Also don't care what Sprocket says, although it's a valid point. Map thieves don't carry much clout in my book, good or bad.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 1:33 am
Looks cool, but is alot smaller than what I would expect. And oddly familiar.

GAMEOVER
November 15, 2005, 1:35 am
Looks like it will be a very intense high action packed map good job geo prizm.

vash763
November 15, 2005, 1:50 am
I love they way you varied from the tradition with the spawns

Raptor
November 15, 2005, 10:12 pm
First I saw the map and I though it was good. Then I saw the edges of the polygons and I though the contrary

The Geologist
November 16, 2005, 12:22 am
Did you actually download and play the map, or did you just look at the picture?

Because I updated the.zip with the right edge for this file, which I'm hoping corrects this problem...if someone would download the new .zip and try it.

Mothafix
January 20, 2006, 10:08 pm
Hmm.. My firewall don't let me download it.. Even when i try to shut it down :/

Keron Cyst
January 21, 2006, 12:52 am
He's hosting it off of m00net. Turn off your popup blocker.