( search forums )
Flag carrier bye-bye
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Tybs
November 14, 2005, 9:49 am
I recently had a very lucky shot... well, a bit of skill too probably, but luck was an important thing here.

On the map CTF-Run, we had a battle going on non-stop for about 8-10 minutes (u know, a lot of shooting/killing/getting killed/respawning all the time). I was in team bravo, at first just shooting a lot with the AK, later switched to barret against a few alpha campers. About my whole team was defending, except for one soldier trying to get to the enemy flag over and over again.

Finally, he got through, but at the same moment our flag got stolen. Because of the killing the flag switched owners for a few seconds. I sat at the base with my barret and then i saw the flag carrier running off with the flag, using the upper route. I shot, but i missed him. While getting the next bullet ready i took a guess about if he would go down halfway, or if he would keep on running the upper route.

I decided just to shoot again, for that had the best chances of killing him. After a short moment of assessing of at what distance he would be, i took the shot... and about 2-3 seconds later i got the message "you killed <name>". I couldnt believe it was the flag carrier, but then someone screamed something like "WHAT THE *censored*". As if this wasnt enough, our own guy who got throught at first managed to reach our flag before the enemy did. When i checked the log, i saw that i indeed hit the flag carrier.

In my years of playing soldat, this was about one of the best-remembered moments i have had.
Now my question is, what situations of these kind happened to u guys? I love to hear stories like these, so im curious to know about ur like "hero-feeling" moments ^^

Echo_Trail
November 14, 2005, 7:33 pm
These things ar so awesome:D

Once i was playing this grotto like map(don't remember name). there was a point where 4 caverns sort of reached eachother, and i came running out of 1 of'em. It was CTF btw, and i was Alpha.
anyway, i came running with my mp5/knife, and all of a sudden comes this 4 man army of bravo forces from each side, appearing like out of no where. as a result of of desperate will to survive(and maybe just a slight strike of luck;D) i shoot. i kill 2 of'em with mp5, i then throw a grenade without hitting anything, and it just hits ground and rolls. I then switch to knife(by accident anyway), kill another only to switch and kill the last.. then someone comes running right over my nade, and BoooM!.. i couldn't believe it! man, it was amazing!
It was just so pro:D we were all like: "wow, nice going dude" and all..
well, i gotta admit; i was damn lucky!..
and as said above, it really gave me a "hero-feeling"=)

Chonoryoku
November 14, 2005, 9:41 pm
I got blasted into the ground just outside the enemy base in Viet, so I whipped out a Saw and got over a dozen kills before I got asploded by a stray grenade.

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 9:56 pm
Saw is good for you!

Chonoryoku
November 15, 2005, 1:26 am
quote:Originally posted by Sgt. BeaverSaw is good for you!
Yeah but I don't use the Saw alot anymore now because once you start sucessfully killing, capping, etc with your Saw, about 6 other people start sawing too.

When that happens, it's Barret time. :>

Tybs
November 15, 2005, 8:32 am
Lol, i really like echo's story there :D. These things always give something special to the game. Btw, was just wondering with the saw... its one of the few weapons i rarely ever use, does anyone know some good moves with it to practise with? I want to master as much weapons as possible :P.
(Btw, is there some kind of emo-list?)

Zegovia
November 15, 2005, 9:49 am
Hehe nice one, it just cranks me up when something like that happens ^^

It happened to me when i used a ruger and a ak. :D

The Ak one whas a lil' bit o' special though, since i just shot ONE random shot in the open, it wasent a efc, but it sure pissed him of... ;)

Veritas
November 18, 2005, 8:51 pm
My best moment has got to me from inf_Outpost, I just spawned, there's 50 seconds left, Bravo team's got 20 points more than us.

Anyway, I start running and I meet little resistance on my way towards Bravo base, just three Bravo's who got killed quickly by my mp5. So I reach the enemy base, dodging barrett shots, lob a couple of grenades into what was a group of six people, killed a few, whip out my chainsaw and mow down the rest in a gory blodfeast, grab the flag and start running home while bullets are flying everywhere. But the sweetest part was when I came running back towards the white flag with 10 seconds left, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2...

ALPHA TEAM WINS!

Oh god it was so sweet, I'd delivered the flag in the very last second of the game, stealing the victory and getting a serial kill at the same time.

Tybs
November 18, 2005, 10:17 pm
Oh, u just have to love a story like that ^^. Now that u mention it, i remember a scene like it before in one of my games... only i wasnt the hero-flag carrier there, i just gave him backup. Must be a wonderful experience though :D

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 11:05 pm
My famous Blind Barretarding on B2b. So far, im 2/3 on 1 shot blind shots against other people trying to camp me.

1st, and by far best shot ~ There was this ANNOYING camper sitting up in that little tower in the middle of B2b, spawning our team, killing anyone coming by, the typical newbie. What was even worse, his ego was bigger then his head. Hed brag and make some degrading comment after each kill, like "KILLED YOU NEWBIE!" ~ Yes, a Major is even more pro then he is.

So, I ran through low, avoiding him rather then getting myself mad. Captured the flag, killed 2 guys, etc...Was running low, no one had our flag so free cap. Just before I capped though, (I was on the right side team ~ Forgot which one it was :P) I randomly flew up like 5 ft into the air, proned mid air and fired a round in the campers direction.

YOU KILLED THE ANNOYING CAMPER!
[The Annoying Camper] OMFG WTF!?!?!?!?

Yes, owned.