( search forums )
Race Servers?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
headstone
November 14, 2005, 12:15 pm
Has anybody seen any race servers recently? I just got introduced to it, but I can't find a single place to play them online...

Jap_man
November 14, 2005, 1:07 pm
Chances of you seeing a race server is almost nil.
Race was created over a year ago, and was rather popular for a month or two, then it kinda died out. Even when it was rather popular, it was rather hard to find a race server.

The easiest solution for your current situation is rather obvious, start up your own private server and play with friends.

November 14, 2005, 1:17 pm
Yeah, best race maps are ones that aren't too long, so you don't end up yelling and smashing your keyboard everytime you die.

so don't use ctf_rce_tower, it's insane and has a giant cock on top

DragonSlayer
November 14, 2005, 1:36 pm
I don't think I have seen a single race public server, but I have played race maps with my friends on my private one and it's fun. Your best bet is to create a public server.

Echo_Trail
November 14, 2005, 7:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117Yeah, best race maps are ones that aren't too long, so you don't end up yelling and smashing your keyboard everytime you die.

I do that whenever enemy team scores in CTF anyway.. ;)

I've only seen a few over the last year. sually they appear under a random name.. not something describing.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 12:24 am
Maybe race should be a new mode.

Close Combat
November 15, 2005, 4:54 pm
I posted on this similar subject only my race involved chopper vehicles with weapons and Nitro.

Hoodlum
November 15, 2005, 8:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by DezonusMaybe race should be a new mode.

Spectral
November 16, 2005, 4:29 am
Race was a nice little fad, but having a server dedicated to it wouldnt get too much action as people would rather shoot guns than run around. i think it'll remain relegated to private parties