( search forums )
Noticing More Barret-Banned Servers...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 12:17 am

As of recent, i've noticed more servers going around with the Barret banned. Know what? Thats great. People are going out and attempting to fix the problem with the overuse of it. However, they're not. Most of those servers that I went into, were flooded with m79s. Ok, I died after dodging 3 shots and getting nailed by one behind. Big deal, ill use my head this time and pick a better weapon to use with an advantage.

Im looking for the barret since logicly, its the #1 anti-m79 gun. I dont use it often, only when the m79 is a problem, or if a person im constantly running into stops me in my route. The title of the server didnt say "No Barret" so I didnt notice really, there was no barret, so of course I had to deal with it or leave, which I left.

I hate barrets just as much as the next guy, but to be honest, I use it to counter other m79s, ESPECIALY when they're overused. Its as easy as *crouch and shoot* when you see an m79 ~ He doesnt stand a chance. If he chooses another gun, I just play along and pick the next best gun to counter them. Right now the barret can be used against anything but im against overuse of it so I just adapt to the guys style with other guns. The point of all this is, people cant really ban the barret without banning the gun that can be easily exploited in its absence. Rugers and DES can be used, but all it takes is a full reload to just go *BAM*, especially if the guy can aim. If not ban both, dont even bother banning either.

Barrets > M79 > Semi Autos > Autos > Barrets (Sometimes) > M79 etc...

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 12:22 am
Without all weapons, soldat is not soldat anymore. However modding is fine.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 2:11 am
I hate barret(tards), who just use it and camp. I for one use it for an offensive taktic to help out my team. I agree it's being completely overused, mostly by n00bs. However there are some really skilled barret users out there who just own eevryone, so taking it away is like taking there game experience away. You just gotta realize thats it's part of the game. Maybe MM will incorperate a 2 barrets per team thing when playing. Like if a guy dies who ahd one, someone picking a weapon can snag it. Limiting the number of barret(n00bs). Just a thought, maybe I should have posted the last part in suggestions but oh well.

B_H

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 2:37 am
Snipers are aloud to camp

headstone
November 15, 2005, 2:43 am
quote:Without all weapons, soldat is not soldat anymore. However modding is fine.

Yeah, that makes sense.

ps it doesn't

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 4:20 am
Use my idea.

[Barret M82A1]
Damage=195
FireInterval=20
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=175
Speed=550
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=10
MovementAcc=6

A barret that requires SOME skill.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 4:55 am
Damadge is stupid considering the fire interval. Just use this one, and it becomes an ordinary rocket launcher with a scope:
[Barret M82A1]
Damage=495
FireInterval=40
Ammo=20
ReloadTime=30
Speed=500
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0

MikeShinoda.pheonix
November 15, 2005, 5:36 am
quote:Originally posted by DezonusSnipers are aloud to camp

heh

GAMEOVER
November 15, 2005, 5:59 am
Like I said before if you just have to use a barret to counter m79s you really suck.. I get killed here and there by em but their easy to kill with almost any weapon. BTW, if your refering to the `SL - Dedicated Pub server its marked No Barret on the server.

Algernon
November 15, 2005, 6:36 am
i don't have problems with m79s on a good server although they are a wee bit overpowered IMO. if there is any lag then the lag + blink on the autos make it harder then heck to take on an m79er, espeically the lag right before and durring the m79 shot. there are times when i'll fly past and m79, lag real bad, then drop dead. the lag also kills my aim. i'll tear into an m79 EFC, nearly kill him, but he'll blast me once i'm close. i don't know if lag i a problem in CW, but in the publics the lag + blink puts the autos at a disadvantge with most every other weapon. there are "majors" running around with m79s all over the publics because it's an easy kill weapon.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 6:51 am
You think they are overpowered? Try playing my mod. Particulally the Hell's fury.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 2:21 pm
The problem is that not the barret, but the minigun get's disabled too much. It's not that much a surf weapon anymore...
And people complain that it's lame (they just can't handle the fact that they got killed by a minigun), alltough
if you use it right you can kill up to 3 people with one clip.
But about the barret, people seem to got over it, i don't hear anyone whining such as before.

Close Combat
November 15, 2005, 5:16 pm
yes I agree Mr.Beaver. I use a barraet people say good snipe. I use a Mini Gun the scream SURFER NOOB. and i say TY

GAMEOVER
November 15, 2005, 8:55 pm
I wonder how many camping nubs have came over from CS..

SamueL
November 15, 2005, 9:06 pm
Actually, according to my math: 2px3/4980lzq + 34/12 = 179.4

Mm, pie.

.Loki
November 15, 2005, 9:14 pm
Further proof that if you nurf/take out one weapon that everyone [CENSORED]es about, they'll always find another.

I personally find it annoying to have the barret taken out. I hardly use it, and I don't mind when others do.

And wtf is up with servers removing miniguns? I've even seen people called "noob" because they were using a minigun, not even minisurfing. It's a bit rediculous.

GAMEOVER
November 15, 2005, 9:21 pm
Only reason I removed it from our server is because of the over whelming campers in the game with it I might put it back though well see.. I do know the games are a lot more action packed with it gone.

Leo
November 15, 2005, 10:06 pm
quote:
And wtf is up with servers removing miniguns? I've even seen people called "noob" because they were using a minigun, not even minisurfing. It's a bit rediculous.

The only reason I removed it from my servers is that it causes lag to many players. At real mod you can't kill [CENSORED] with it :P

Marbire
November 15, 2005, 10:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Extacide
Semi Autos > Autos

Definetely not true if you are going against a decent auto'er....... unless you are at very close range...

GAMEOVER
November 15, 2005, 10:31 pm
I deffinatly agree with marbires comment, good steyr and AK users give me hella trouble with semi autos expecially at a distance.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 11:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Leoquote:

The only reason I removed it from my servers is that it causes lag to many players. At real mod you can't kill [CENSORED] with it :P

Pfft, I'm pretty good with a minigun in real mode...

mar77a
November 16, 2005, 12:01 am
Stop complaining sir, and keep playing.

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 1:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Marbirequote:Originally posted by Extacide
Semi Autos > Autos

Definetely not true if you are going against a decent auto'er....... unless you are at very close range...

Thats technicly speaking marb. If two people of maximum skill on each weapon went at it, the semi auto could logicly make quick work of the auto, because all it would take is 2-3 quick shots. This is where there are some unbalance issues however. =x Sometimes this is not the case, sometimes it is, this is just logical thinking here.

quote:Like I said before if you just have to use a barret to counter m79s you really suck.. I get killed here and there by em but their easy to kill with almost any weapon. BTW, if your refering to the `SL - Dedicated Pub server its marked No Barret on the server.

So I suck because I prefer using a barret against M79s? Ok.

P.S, I joined via favourites, not really much of a way you can tell until you actually look.

Hoodlum
November 16, 2005, 1:28 am
There are only like 2 or 3 barret banned servers because all the other servers are owned by people who don't try to control what weapons you use.

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 1:30 am
Barret is replaced by Reaper 4 in my server, Reaper 4 being a rocket sniper I posted earlier.

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 1:32 am
Yeah, but not counting them, the only other servers that are actually good for me are 2-3 others, with a ping below 100. Im just saying in general, theres an increase now. It went from one to around 3-4. Theres like 10 total that are actually good, the rest are super laggy, never used with a possibility of banned barrets, or are uber weapon mods.

GAMEOVER
November 16, 2005, 2:05 am
Ill add barret back probably but campers will be banned though with no warning their warning will be in the server msg if their too dumb to read that then their too dumb to play with. Im saying if you cant efficently take out m79s with other weapons then a barret yeah you do suck but hey thats my opinion. How can a barret be just so useful against a group of m79s when your reload time is longer and you like them only get 1 shot.

Deleted User
November 17, 2005, 1:03 am
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERIll add barret back probably but campers will be banned though with no warning their warning will be in the server msg if their too dumb to read that then their too dumb to play with. Im saying if you cant efficently take out m79s with other weapons then a barret yeah you do suck but hey thats my opinion. How can a barret be just so useful against a group of m79s when your reload time is longer and you like them only get 1 shot.

Gameover, I never once said I couldnt, Ive only said I use barret against M79 when its becoming a constant obstacle (Please read first post).

Barrets are useful against m79s because you arent fighting everyone at once, and im not usually the guy to fly in directly. Anyways, all it takes is 1 shot on sight of the guy, if another comes, dodging is easier and I can make quick work with my secondary, or dodge until reload.

nfsjunkie91
November 17, 2005, 3:34 am
quote:Originally posted by DezonusDamadge is stupid considering the fire interval. Just use this one, and it becomes an ordinary rocket launcher with a scope:
[Barret M82A1]
Damage=495
FireInterval=40
Ammo=20
ReloadTime=30
Speed=500
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0

can u please get off of your "Rocket Sniper" Idea?!?!?! this is the <sarcasm>333rd</sarcasm> time you've posted this! Also, i Don't have problem with barrett. mainly, i just push up Movement Acc. a little on my server so ppl cannot get away with "fullspeedjettingthroughairomfghaxxorzaimbotter!" - quote from my console logs. psshh... stop your whining, and don't be stupid and make it not a freaking OHK, it is Anti Tank Personnel Weapon. It is meant to go thru TANKS, i Do not think such a weapon would require more than one shot to kill someone! :P somewhat offtopic but, w/e :P

Deleted User
November 17, 2005, 9:28 am
I can't really see the point of banning weapons. Newbies will remain newbies, they will just pick another weapon and piss you off anyway ( and the game will remain f*cked up anyway :p ). Skilled players will remain skilled players, too. They will either pick another weapon and own you with it or leave ( and the level of gameplay on your server will drop :p ) -)

I used to hate Barret bloody much, now I use it as a secondary a lot. I used to hate servers packed with M79ers, now I just take the good old MP5 and make them FEAR -) .. it's all about attitude, don't let yourself be pissed off by people whose aim is to piss others off, find a way to enjoy the game and kick their ass*s at the same time -)

criddo
November 17, 2005, 11:44 am
I don't get why people ban Barrets. I can always dodge them and people don't usually kill me with them. They take forever to reload, too.

Echo_Trail
November 17, 2005, 1:54 pm
ppl should learn how to counter them instead!

GAMEOVER
November 17, 2005, 6:36 pm
Well as for campers ive noticed they hate nothing more then an ass load of spray comin at em from no where. I dislike campers on either side they ruin my game. I love going 1 on 1 with someone up high only to get pissed off because of a stray or camped barret shot picking off my worthy opponet by some idiot on my team. Our server will be anti-camper, barret is back though.

Deleted User
November 17, 2005, 11:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERWell as for campers ive noticed they hate nothing more then an ass load of spray comin at em from no where. I dislike campers on either side they ruin my game. I love going 1 on 1 with someone up high only to get pissed off because of a stray or camped barret shot picking off my worthy opponet by some idiot on my team. Our server will be anti-camper, barret is back though.

Gameover, you missed the whole point of this thread. I dont care if you leave barret up or down, or same with any other server. The fact is, alot of players use an OSK gun to make up for their lack of killing, or just like things easy for them to win. When I walk into barret-banned servers, Im usually pitted against 6 m79ers, with 5 of them on my team. The bottom line is, if you're going to ban one, you might as well ban the other, or dont ban any at all.