( search forums )
Htf_Hellbound
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 6:53 am
This is my contribution to the mapping contest and probably the one that looks most like an actual swamp ;)

Pics:
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]
The two teams spawn in the air and on the ground to get the flag.

And the download:
[URL]

Comments welcome!

vash763
November 15, 2005, 7:01 am
looks very nice, ctf_run esque fits well with thie htf game type.

lots of places to be

GluLm
November 15, 2005, 9:04 am
The swamp waters should have more transparency, and the fog as well (a lot more).
Otherwise it makes the map look a bit ugly. Also I suggest not to use so many sceneries "in front of everything", especially those trees (they should stay in the background).
And watch out for your polygons' placement. There are some polybugs, mostly on the lower ground near the swamps.
Otherwise it looks very nice, greenish colours are cool. Perfect amount of jetpack fuel.

papasurf31
November 15, 2005, 3:11 pm
Ahh yes, very swampy. I like the look of it, But I think it fits ctf gameplay more, since it lacks the circularity that is common of HTF maps.

GAMEOVER
November 15, 2005, 5:43 pm
I think its a good htf map too many HTF maps have like 1 grab main part where most the action will be but with this it can make a lot of different situations, I like good job.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 5:58 pm
@Glulm; I was fiddling around with the water transparency for a while before I decided on 90. It means you can hide in it and stuff, and besides, swamp water isn't exactly crystal-clear ;)
I'll think I'll keep the same fog level the same too. It's set on 5 already and I like how it is kinda opressive (Like Silent-Hill xD).

@Papasurf; It took a while to get what I thought was good spawn placing to stop ctf-style gameplay. Both teams spawn on both sides, in the air and on the ground. The reason the level is flatt-ish is because I wanted to do something different. All the other contest maps use a circular style layout :/

Keron Cyst
November 15, 2005, 6:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Officer_Bulbock... The reason the level is flatt-ish is because I wanted to do something different. All the other contest maps use a circular style layout :/

That's how it's supposed to be. HTF is about (as far as the FC is concerned) darting in and out of many multiple passages and trying to shake enemies off your tail through all the numerous passes. Your map basically turns it into a one-way CTF flag stalemate, unless you scattered the SPs.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 6:45 pm
I have scattered the spawn-points to an extent. Oh well. This is one map that won't win the contest :/

Raptor
November 15, 2005, 10:16 pm
Now we have another CTF_Run... (How many maps like this one I have? Hmm... I think like 1234123)

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 2:41 am
Thanks Raptor. Thanks. x(

Theres enough time left to redo it, so I'll try that...

Raptor
November 17, 2005, 10:44 pm
^Hey man, I didn't mean to criticize you or your map. It's just that you can think of many more layouts that don't even exist right now!