( search forums )
Maps Idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
outlaw
October 21, 2002, 11:38 pm
I think someone should make a BIG map pack with all the maps he/she could find and update it once in a while, or someone could start a website and people can submit their maps. I might even make this website sometime, but I need some good webspace with like PHP supported and such.

ArcWolf
October 21, 2002, 11:56 pm
I think Roverken Already beat you to the idea... by about a month ;) Check his site out HERE

outlaw
October 22, 2002, 12:44 am
Indeed, he does, but there is way more maps out and about and I think it would be neat to have a website with as many maps as possible and provide screenshots of each one.

RoVeRken
October 22, 2002, 5:44 pm
yes that's my goal, but if you want to help, send the maps that are out there too, with screenshots and the author and stuff like that to my mail

laber
October 23, 2002, 1:08 pm
i`m currently working on such a site :)
i think in 3/4 days it`s ready to show!

what`s ready
- design
- newsscript
- counter/users on
- submit/upload script
- commentscript for every map

currently i`m working on the newsletter, topdownloads, mapvotes, searching
i think that`s all what is needed...

RoVeRken
October 23, 2002, 1:11 pm
cool!! we'll see what becomes of it, and maybe you can take over soldat maps hideout, if you do so, then i will join your staff if you let me :p

Darth Lord
October 23, 2002, 1:14 pm
Guys, on what i plan to do, you can have all that, as fast as y'all want...
Voting, submiting, screens, news, comments... whatever..

RoVeRken
October 23, 2002, 1:51 pm
humz, we will just see what's the best site and we will keep that, if some1 manages to host a better site that mine now, then i will delete my site ... no reason for the amateurs to stay is there? :p i will upload a site then with only my maps on :p

Darth Lord
October 23, 2002, 2:04 pm
Ok, let's do that.
But, i hope you will put maps from your site on the future Soldat portal.
(btw, we need a name for that site)

laber
October 23, 2002, 3:29 pm
ugs... i don`t know, if i`m better than the guys who made the ready script das use daz...

darth lord, u make all by your self or use such a ready script like daz?

i don`t want to work and then delete all, cause there is a better site...

RoVeRken
October 23, 2002, 4:21 pm
no but it's just, if we have one site, and tell michal to only link to that site, then all the maps playing on servers, you will find on that site, and that's the meaning of it ...

Darth Lord
October 23, 2002, 5:29 pm
Yup RoVer, that's the goal, but i don't wanna have a war with laber.
what i have is realy good, but, laber already worked on that...
So, i don't know what to do...
anyway, i'll keep working :p

outlaw
October 25, 2002, 10:35 pm
Competition eh? Why dont you guys just start putting up screenshots of your layout? [8D] I'm pretty good at web design and such, my only problem is that I have no webspace or a domain. Realize, having a ton of maps is going to be more than a couple megabytes.

laber
October 26, 2002, 2:06 am
ok plp, look @ http://www.soldat-mapcenter.de
it`s not ready, and i work on it! the design is 90%...

b00stA
October 26, 2002, 11:02 am
yeeahh thats a good page Laber :)

I'm the webmaster of www.Soldat-HQ.tk (German Soldat fansite).

we all should start a Soldat page TOGETHER!
www.soldat-mapcenter.de would be the maps section.
news and stuff would be on the "main" site.

what do you think?
I'm not very good in designing, but I could "include" the Soldatclan list (www.soldat-clan.de.vu) into the page (with the design of the new page).

We need a good host (I have one with PHP and MySQL, but the problem is YOU cant access it because its from a friend)

Perhaps the people who are interested tell me and we start a new topic about this so we can manage that :)

laber
October 26, 2002, 11:38 am
thanx :)

jea we could, but the webspace is the problem...
soldat mapcenter is on a webspace together (php, sql) with others... so no one can become login :/

Defender
October 27, 2002, 1:13 pm
DAMN LABER MAN!!!
Was machst du??

b00stA
October 27, 2002, 1:19 pm
Was is dein Problem Defender?
-Whats your problem?

Defender
October 27, 2002, 7:35 pm
das ist ne lange geschichte...wenn laber bock hat kann er sie ja mal in seiner version erzählen...aber dann versteht sie keiner!

thats a long story..blablabalabla

laber
October 28, 2002, 4:01 am
lol defender is here *laughing out loud*
defender what`s your prob? u havn`t done anything @ the mapcenter, u are really a ******* and we don`t work together!

Defender
October 28, 2002, 4:49 pm
ey laber ich hab kein bock auf english.....wie vedammt soll ich da was machen? ich habe alle maps getestet und mit screens versehen! wie bitte soll ich was machen wenn du kein newsscript ode rsonstiges hast? ich habe dir 100 nachrichten bei icq gemailt und bei email! was willst du mehr man?