( search forums )
Porting to Xbox Console
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
m1lk
November 15, 2005, 7:13 pm
Ok. It's a really weird idea, but I was just wondering if it could be done. I know that, it's necessary to have the source code to do that. This means that it needs an agreement with Michal Marcinkowski. Well... could that be done?

Example of a ported game (Quake III Arena. It's source code was released lately), which is internet-multiplayer supported:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=456591

I would really like to play Soldat on my Xbox :)

b00stA
November 15, 2005, 7:27 pm
1. Who's going to port it?
2. Who's going to buy it?
3. Who's going to publish it?
4. How's he going to do it? It'd need a complete rewrite because Soldat is written in Delphi.

This is simply not going to happen.

Lolly
November 15, 2005, 7:45 pm
I'd buy it :D

Soldat on Live, with better graphics...
*Wipes off drool*

Kaider
November 15, 2005, 7:54 pm
Michal said he'd finish Soldat up in about 4 years, and when that happens, he'll release the source code. When that happens, then maybe someone or even you will make it onto consoles, but it would be hard. Just sit tight and wait for the final Soldat.

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 12:00 am
they'll probably make a copy of soldat for the Xbox, giving it a japanese name like Super Soldier with JETS!

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 1:14 am
I doubt they would, You need a mouse and soldat isn't that major

rabidhamster
November 16, 2005, 1:30 am
ooh a 2d game for xbox zomg i can't wait!!!11

if anything, a dedicated server program is all i'd want for xbox. with live's secksy pings, it would add some pretty sweet servers to the lobby.

Hoodlum
November 16, 2005, 1:55 am
quote:Originally posted by dascoothey'll probably make a copy of soldat for the Xbox, giving it a japanese name like Super Soldier with JETS!
haha that made me laugh.

GluLm
November 16, 2005, 2:31 am
[IMAGE]

Yeah this made me laugh too, especially because this was his 666th post. ;)

Too bad m1lk, your thread ended so quickly. :P

FliesLikeABrick
November 16, 2005, 3:58 am
there have been plenty of threads in the past about porting to console, and this wouldn't happen unless MM sold out to a large company, they hit it big time, and then paid tons of money to somehow develop a game nothing like soldat for the console which doesn't need a mouse.

forgive me if you think this shouldn't be locked, but it is going to stray farther offtopic soon, and there have been all of these conversations before... it goes nowhere

(Locked)