( search forums )
total soldat rip off !!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
pch224
November 16, 2005, 4:54 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/pch224/Gunster0221.jpg

damn those korean game companies...they've done it again!!
only difference I can notice is graphic.
controlling and game play...it's all same.
==================================================================
sorry GAMEOVER, i uploaded a screenshot instead.

GAMEOVER
November 16, 2005, 4:57 am
Im not installing no active X control to view some spam infested foreign site and learn to post in the proper forum.

edit** they're stupid that game looks like mega man or somethin too techy not like a war game. Let the anime freaks flock to it.

peemonkey
November 16, 2005, 5:01 am
not this again :( has it even been released yet?

pch224
November 16, 2005, 5:51 am
yes, and this company has been making profit out of it.

m00`
November 16, 2005, 5:54 am
f*cken koreans stealing Michals game

Captain Ben
November 16, 2005, 6:03 am
Must...move...to...korea...

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 6:37 am
What is this game? :o

Echo_Trail
November 16, 2005, 6:43 am
Daaaamn them!
Just because u eat nothing but rise, don't mean u have to be an a**hole!(no racial issue meant) Man, that is so lame..
Well, let's all stick to soldat. i know i will.. look at that Korean crap.. it has absolutely no charm about it.
Soldat is still way ahead!
Michal has copyright on this idea, right?

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 6:52 am
It's happened again. I foresee this game becoming insanely popular and Soldat regarded as a ripoff. The game will no doubt have horrible translations and admins who don't give a shit.

Goodbye, would-be Soldat population.

Cookie.
November 16, 2005, 6:57 am
I remember we wanted to play before but we needed korean identiy number or something :
They have jetpacks too ^_^

Jap_man
November 16, 2005, 7:16 am
This thing is waaaaay old, most of the 'older' forum members will remember Green barret(was it?) posting about this game, pointing out the many similarities between it and Soldat.

But seriously who cares, you need a Korean identity number to play the game so I wouldn't say that it will get insanely popular worldwide or something, it will only get popular in Korea, probably due to its well financed advertising campaigns etc.
Not to mention, who cares if it's a rip off, it actually looks quite alright, and I wouldn't mind to play it. It's not like the whole idea of a 2d horizontal shooter is that unbelievably original and no one else in the world will think up of such an idea.

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 7:30 am
quote:Originally posted by Jap_manBut seriously who cares, you need a Korean identity number to play the game so I wouldn't say that it will get insanely popular worldwide or something, it will only get popular in Korea, probably due to its well financed advertising campaigns etc.
It hasn't been brought to the US yet. People flock to Korean games like vultures to a fresh kill. One day they will think, "Hey, why don't we put our game through a translator and start advertising it in the US and make twice as much money?", and then they'll become the next Gunbound or Maple Story.

quote:Not to mention, who cares if it's a rip off, it actually looks quite alright, and I wouldn't mind to play it.
Good graphics are great for people whose computers can support them.
I look at that screenshot and I see lots of lag.

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 7:48 am
nah you see we have wets whove ben in this game since the start, and timelines of the updates. we were here first and well show it proud. oh and this was shown before but those damn koreans made it so you need a code like said before

criddo
November 16, 2005, 7:55 am
The graphics look a bit better. Stupid copiers, soldat was first and is the best.

GluLm
November 16, 2005, 11:50 am
Will you just stop posting about that?
We all know about this game. Now stop being retarded pricks and go back to sleep or something, you need some.
This game won't get released outside Korea and even if that was going to happen, who cares? The game looks pretty good, even though it's similar to Soldat.

Now Let's Lock The Topic.

DePhille
November 16, 2005, 12:50 pm
If they hadn't had jets and similar weapons etc. i would agree with you GluLm.
In this case that game is VERY similar to Soldat , look at the guns , the jets , the player models , even the smoke that comes out of the rocket , the gamemode and interface (notice the + icon for health also).

If Michal has copyrights on Soldat and if he has the money and will he can start a case out of this and he'll have 50% of winning (in the other 50% he'll just get ignored) , but it depends on what copyrights he has etc.
GluLm: Who cares? I do. Probably Michal and all the players that do something for the community and just doen't love Soldat the game but also the things behind it will care. Hmm , it looks like there's a bug , 'Now Let's Lock The Topic' and you're a captain , hmm must be a bug. (:P)

The graphics indeed are nice , they are some kind of suggestion for Michal , though please don't use the chaotic Korean gamestyle. If i look at that screenshot i can only understand a part of what i see. Whats the aura-looking thing around the flying player? never heard of blood? , whats the orange dot? a power-up that contains a nuke? , and why are there two player indicators? , what's all the tech-wannabe stuff in the right-bottom corner? , ... This game is way too chaotic though the graphics are nice (and easily to achieve , insert half-transparency stuff and you got the same GFX.)

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 3:01 pm
Looks similiar to gunbound...

Michal Marcinkowski
November 16, 2005, 4:18 pm
Woohoo! I was waiting for eternity for a rip-off. I'm actually glad about this, it means Soldat is really great. I have no worries about it because it probably sucks (I hope I can download it).

GAMEOVER
November 16, 2005, 4:23 pm
Hope you didnt need to see that to know Soldat is great. You made the most 2d addictive game ive ever seen, thx and keep up the good work.

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 4:33 pm
i wanna try this.. can someone gimme a link to it?

Cookie.
November 16, 2005, 4:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHi wanna try this.. can someone gimme a link to it?

Are you [CENSORED]ing Korean?! >.<
You need a korean social security number... >.<

Anyways one of my roommates is korean, so I can get in KEKEKE :P

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 4:58 pm
And then let's rip off it's scenery and weapons-gfx...

Yay

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 4:59 pm
then tell your lover to give me the korean social security number:p

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 5:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHthen tell your lover to give me the korean social security number:p

We'll roommates aren't lovers(well not allways)...

And by what you said, you meant, his adress, and phone number...
You sicko...

Alamo
November 16, 2005, 6:39 pm
how can you guys judge so fast?
why would this be a ripoff? it's a sidescrolling shooter game. so what! there's loads of those games out there. you could similarly say that Soldat is a Mario/Contra(Probotector)/Worms/whatever ripoff.

b00stA
November 16, 2005, 7:29 pm
I absolutely agree with Alamo, what's the big fuss here, really?

DePhille
November 16, 2005, 8:13 pm
i know it is a 2D shooter but it is very similar.
-Graphics are sort of the same , just bigger and they got half-transparency
-Especially the Gameplay is more or less Soldat , it's got jets too , the weapons look the same , the bullets are also painted gradient-style , ...
-i'm not worried about it. It's for korea only etc. , but it's just fun to see how well Soldat is actually doing.

So no big fuss , just excitement and basic timespending :)

Grtz , DePhille

rabidhamster
November 16, 2005, 8:34 pm
no game (in the near future) will ever capture soldat's addictive and secksy gameplay, it's just too unique.

grand_diablo
November 16, 2005, 9:06 pm
can someone please make a soldat mod ripping off that game's gfx? :p

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 9:07 pm
is there a [CENSORED]ING download link?

GluLm
November 16, 2005, 9:09 pm
Dephille your reply was pointless. You didn't even explain for what you would care _if the game was released outside_ Korea (which won't happen anyway).
It's a ripoff ok, so what?
You could also say that Soldat is a ripoff of Liero, worms and C-S, what would it change anyway? You will still like Soldat as it is now.
(No offense to MichalM though, Soldat is still the best game ever made from these concepts.)
We like Soldat for what it generates, its community as well. There's nothing to worry about.
The only thing you were somewhat jealous about is that they make money out of that title. Which is none of my business.

N1nj@
November 16, 2005, 9:11 pm
JAJAJ I have KSSN generator ;)

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 9:14 pm
Rofl ...Dune 2 is a rip-off of Dune 1 ...or Warcraft is a rip-off of Dune ...
...omg , c'mon boyz ...never seen any so similar games ?
I see tactic CT vs T like C-s games everywhere ...why u are so alarmed at this ?
Well , just don't care about it ...I hope , better game will win...

Hanayo
November 16, 2005, 10:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyRofl ...Dune 2 is a rip-off of Dune 1 ...or Warcraft is a rip-off of Dune ...
...omg , c'mon boyz ...never seen any so similar games ?
I see tactic CT vs T like C-s games everywhere ...why u are so alarmed at this ?
Well , just don't care about it ...I hope , better game will win...

Dune2 and Dune are totally different ;o Dune2 was the first RTS game i remember, and Dune was a mix of RPG and large-scaled strategy (and one of the best/most immersive games in my eyes). ;o

I wouldnt say its a rip-off. Making a new 2D Side-Scroller isnt a rip-off. And the graphics are different (in size, details and style) .. Its just another game with the same game mechanics - they didnt steal the sceneries and interface graphics ..

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 11:09 pm
but it's way to similair to soldat

Cookie.
November 17, 2005, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHthen tell your lover to give me the korean social security number:p

If roommates are lovers than I am getting alot of action, its like a big [CENSORED] orgy 24/7 >.<

For the record I have 5 roommates, 4 are from different countries :P
We live in a big apartment in downtown Toronto, and all study at U of T :D

-=Edit
And we don't have [CENSORED] orgys xD

Captain Ben
November 17, 2005, 6:36 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@JAJAJ I have KSSN generator ;)

Hello, my new best friend ;)
Hasn't anyone ever heard the saying that 'imitation is the best form of flattery'? Personally, that game looks nice, and I'd like to give it a go. WHo knows, maybe it is totally different to Soldat's style of play.

The Geologist
November 17, 2005, 7:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.[quote]Originally posted by HHH
For the record I have 5 roommates, 4 are from different countries :P
We live in a big apartment in downtown Toronto, and all study at U of T :D

I'd be going to U of T for graduate school if I could afford it :/

Edit: Oh, and this is old hat.

Deleted User
November 17, 2005, 8:08 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`f*cken koreans stealing Michals game

Unfortanatly for him he can't do anything about it. Graphics are different, and it's not copyright. However I don't think soldat is the first of it's kind.

Echo_Trail
November 17, 2005, 8:31 am
maybe you're right... maybe it just adds some "competition"!
Also, i hardly think that korean game(or any other) will take over! Soldat simply has to many players! I mean, soldat is quite organized with the forums and all...

DeLarge
November 17, 2005, 9:34 am
The rip-off game is called Gunster: Rain of Bullets. By the looks of the lay-out here is the official website, unfortunately is embedded with Korean language:

[URL]

Chinese / Koreans really do imitations, even on toys too.

Deleted User
November 17, 2005, 10:33 am
Soldat has little advertising outside of word of mouth, if this game comes to the US, they'll probably advertise the hell out of it and accumulate more than Soldat's population within a month. Look at it from an outsider's point of view: You see a free, unadvertised game with somewhat shoddy graphics made by one guy, and you also see a presumably free, well-funded, advertised game with good graphics made by a large company. They both play the same. You are likely to head to the funded one.

You can view it as a little competition, but competition means that one of the opposing sides will lose. If the game doesn't come to the US, then it's nothing to worry about, but it's likely that they'll bring it to the US to increase their profit.

November 17, 2005, 11:27 am
The only good korean game i can think of is RO or maybe Gunz Online... Gunz was damn fun for awhile, until you master the techniques... then it becomes button mashing and endless hours of continous n00b pwnzoring.

but the new quest mode looks sweet.

DeLarge
November 18, 2005, 12:26 am
Why play Korean games when they're imitations?

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 1:24 am
Hmm, saw this awhile back, I wonder if its modable, well anyway, I think soldats better from the looks of it, graphics may be worse but the gameplay more than makes up for it. You probably cant backflip in this game ;) Anyway to get some of those backrounds though? they look pretty awesome

Zegovia
November 18, 2005, 8:36 am
What is the acctual chances of that they made this game without even knowing of soldat?

Social Poison
November 18, 2005, 10:20 am
*chuckles*

nothing wrong with Soldat clones.

I'm actually going to be writing a Soldat-like game for my Senior Group Project at my university (2d multiplayer blow em up... or we may go with ninjas... it hasn't been decided). Yes that's right... college credit for cloning soldat.

hey MM... source plzkthx

;)

Alamo
November 18, 2005, 3:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZegoviaWhat is the acctual chances of that they made this game without even knowing of soldat?

IMO quite high even.

Close Combat
November 18, 2005, 6:27 pm
KOREANS imitate everything and make them worse so dont even worry about it. they use flashy grapics to pull us AMERICANS because we like our games with graphics.

NOW SOMEONE TELL ME THE URL FOR THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I"M BEGGING U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michal Marcinkowski
November 18, 2005, 7:48 pm
I can't download it, I have no idea how :). I downloaded a movie though and it seems more 'cute', stylized and I think there is some kind of background story. It doesn't use character physics, just sprites. Oh, and in the movie there is a bot named 'Terminator', it made me laugh.

Chonoryoku
November 18, 2005, 7:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Close CombatNOW SOMEONE TELL ME THE URL FOR THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I"M BEGGING U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can only play Korean games in Korea, can't you?

And MUffin, I don't think this game is free... @_@

DeLarge
November 18, 2005, 8:48 pm
Can Close combat stop typing capital letters as it's against the regulations?

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 10:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by Echo_Trailmaybe you're right... maybe it just adds some "competition"!
Also, i hardly think that korean game(or any other) will take over! Soldat simply has to many players!

I agree. No need to get rid of your game you koreans. We'll just outnumber you 1,000,000 or so to like 30. I'm guessing a milion, but it's probably more. We are probably half of the soldat players (most others are majors).

Hoodlum
November 19, 2005, 6:01 pm
I want to play it so I can piss off some Koreans.

Silphatos
November 19, 2005, 7:40 pm
[CENSORED]in' koreans again

DT
November 19, 2005, 8:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiI can't download it, I have no idea how :). I downloaded a movie though and it seems more 'cute',

Yes... all korens make thier games cute... and I have no idea why...

Deleted User
November 19, 2005, 8:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by DTquote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiI can't download it, I have no idea how :). I downloaded a movie though and it seems more 'cute',

Yes... all korens make thier games cute... and I have no idea why...

Probably the same reason all Americans make their games "badass."

Da cHeeSeMaN
November 19, 2005, 9:05 pm
WELL YOU AMERICAINS PEOPLE MOST ADVERTIZE SOLDAT! PAY FOR THE FRIGGEN BIG BILLBOARDS I SEE IN THE MOVIES!

MisterX
November 19, 2005, 9:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiI can't download it, I have no idea how :). I downloaded a movie though and it seems more 'cute', stylized and I think there is some kind of background story. It doesn't use character physics, just sprites. Oh, and in the movie there is a bot named 'Terminator', it made me laugh.

Share this movie with us ;) I'd like to see what this game looks like

Deleted User
November 20, 2005, 1:17 am
since when were you a mod?

UGK
November 20, 2005, 5:14 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`f*cken koreans stealing Michals game

quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiI can't download it, I have no idea how :). I downloaded a movie though and it seems more 'cute', stylized and I think there is some kind of background story. It doesn't use character physics, just sprites. Oh, and in the movie there is a bot named 'Terminator', it made me laugh.

God damn koreans and their Plagiarism...

b00stA
November 21, 2005, 2:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by UGK

God damn koreans and their Plagiarism...

DAMN THOSE POLISH GAME MAKERS, THEY JUST RIP STUFF FROM TERMINATOR, PREDATOR AND RAMBO, HOW DARE THEY

IT IS A MYSTERY

Close Combat
November 21, 2005, 5:08 pm
I have the video links to the game RIGHT HERE watch it its

AMAZING

[CENSORED]

i hope the links take u to the korean CRAP

enjoy ;)

april fools

(censored by b00stA)

Deleted User
November 21, 2005, 7:29 pm
Hmm...

Gee, I didn't know the game involved some guy screwing around with some hairy armed blonde. Heh, I knew your links had something completely off subject. Just read the links >_>

*whispers* By the way, April Fools is in April, not November.

GluLm
November 21, 2005, 11:14 pm
Thanks b00stA!

Captain Ben
November 23, 2005, 7:30 am
I swear, some people are quick to generalize...
It could be completely different, it couldn't! Anywho, Social Poison, when you're done writing the game, be sure to give us a look. Maybe pirates *cough* fighting *cough* ninjas *cough* would go well? :)

numgun
December 4, 2005, 10:42 am
hmmm... i like it.
when i get my comp online i'll d/l this.

kekekekeke... ^_^

System_Decay
December 4, 2005, 4:58 pm
They have berserk mode, they have cluster nades, they have almost the same weapons the only thing that really makes a difference is this game has RPG elements, cute graphic style, no ragdoll, no blood, NO RUGER!!!!!!11111 Enough said :)

- Tek -
December 4, 2005, 11:52 pm
We need to hack it so we can play too. Then I'll have more choices when it comes to miniture pixel men madness.

Echo_Trail
December 5, 2005, 2:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by - Tek -We need to hack it so we can play too.

xP I absolutely agree...
What a great comment..

DeMo
December 6, 2005, 6:22 am
If this is a Soldat rip-off maybe Michal could rip-off it too.. the graphics look nice (the scenery).

- Tek -
December 6, 2005, 7:45 pm
What we really need is gif's during gameplay, like in the backgrounds, instead of just grenades.

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 4:07 am
Fine, ignore it. Just wait 'til it comes to the US.

Keron Cyst
December 7, 2005, 6:27 pm
I actually want to play that game. I'm not Korean or anything; I just want to see Soldat from an Asian perspective :-D

xtishereb
December 7, 2005, 7:02 pm
Well, I do play Counter-Strike 2D as well as Soldat. I think that Soldat is probably the best usage of all the ideas from 2D games (Worms, Contra, probably a bunch of other crap I don't know about), and it's made by only one guy.

In the event that said game came to the US, I would check it out, flip out if it didn't include the MP5 or Deagles, and then post a link to Soldat everywhere. I might do that now, I just need to make a sechzyer banner for Soldat. Y'know, with guys firing behind cover, backflips, /victory and crap like that.

It seems you need to buy your guns out of game. I'm all for a simulated economy (refer to statement of playing CS clone), but that's ridiculous. Besides, who would pay 800 credits for a non-Barrett sniper rifle? If you're gonna get one, get a good one. :P

As for playing of Asian games, I play Gunbound sometimes. Except there are far more idiots in there than Soldat.