( search forums )
MUD: Shattered Kingdoms
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 11:59 am
Shattered Kingdoms - http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org/
Game Help - http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org/help/

I don't know how many of you have played a MUD before. If you have, great, you'll understand where I'm coming from. If not, this may be a chance for you to enjoy a pretty authentic roleplaying experience.

I won't get into too much detail since they have an awesome website that describes basically the entire game. Let me just say this:

There is no way to "win" SK. You make a character. Roleplay ensues. More often than not, it changes the face of the world your character lives in. Everyone has a chance to -do- something, to make a powerful character with an interesting history and actually accomplish something.

There are Guilds, Tribunals, and Cabals. Guilds are sort of like profession houses, where anyone of that profession can join. Tribunals serve as law enforcement (player run!) and defend the major towns and cities, while Cabals are a seperate unity, each warring for their own respective goals in a capture-the-flag style battle for dominance.

If you already have a client, you can connect to SK by directing your MUD client to:
[code]
* Host: mud.shatteredkingdoms.org
* Port: 1996
[/code]
If not, I suggest you try SimpleMU. It's shareware, but you don't have to pay. (Be nice if you like it though)

If any of you guys happen to enjoy it, send me a PM and I can conveniently drop some coins or loot your way. I'm a Mentor in game so it's cool.

Lemme know whatcha think.

Soulsnipa
November 16, 2005, 1:43 pm
You might take my ip address and therefore trace me and take my information. No thank you.

Yukwunhang
November 16, 2005, 2:15 pm
I'll check it out, thanks Lapis.

LazehBoi
November 16, 2005, 2:17 pm
If he wanted to, or cared enough, he could do it right now.
edit: Does this mean you'll stop posting out of fear that Lapis will hack you!?

Anyway, I tried a MUD once. only for about 10 minutes, though. I might give this a go sometime.

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 2:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by SoulsnipaYou might take my ip address and therefore trace me and take my information. No thank you.

Shut up.. just, just.. shut up.

Anyway.

I forgot to mention that you may wish to start out in Zhenshi, it's a small, oriental kingdom, but it's pretty much the center of Pyrathia, has the best training areas all near the city, and some of the best store-bought gear in the game.

Yukwunhang
November 16, 2005, 2:53 pm
Ehh...I'm confused. I'm now in a kingdom, how do you talk to others/move/train/buy stuffs? :(

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 3:01 pm
http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org/help/

peemonkey
November 16, 2005, 4:42 pm
cannot find pictures, they'd likely help the people who care more about them than the actual gameplay ;)
(dont worry, im not one of them, i dont play these games)

Soulsnipa
November 16, 2005, 4:51 pm
lol sorry

Vijchtidoodah
November 16, 2005, 8:03 pm
How about you define what a MUD is for those of us that associate that word with brown sticky stuff made of dirt.

b00stA
November 16, 2005, 8:15 pm
In computer gaming, a MUD (multi-user dungeon, dimension, or sometimes domain) is a multi-player computer game that combines elements of role-playing games, hack and slash style computer games, and social instant messaging chat rooms. Typically running on a bulletin board system or Internet server, the game is usually text driven, where players read descriptions of rooms, objects, events, other characters, and computer-controlled creatures or non-player characters (NPCs) in a virtual world. They may interact with each other and the surroundings by typing commands that resemble a natural language, usually English.

Basically a text based multiplayer roleplaying game.

If you think that has to suck, don't post in this topic. Thanks.

papasurf31
November 16, 2005, 9:08 pm
So, it's a text based MMO? no thnx, I might be interested in an RPG for soldat players, but not a txt based one.

November 17, 2005, 2:18 am
If you want something a little more graphical, and with a goal, why not try SLASH'EM?

peemonkey
November 17, 2005, 4:51 am
i prefer more manly games.