( search forums )
Weapon mod ingame.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zeroZshadow
November 16, 2005, 5:59 pm
I REALLY suggest that there should be a way to change the weapon options ingame. because now you have to shutdown and restart every time you wish to change.

i myself have bin trying todo such thing with Tsearch, BUT you'll be getting those stupid AV's...

also more options (as other suggestions imply) would be VERY welcome.

p.s. the ingame weaponmod maker should be useable in offline mode.

FliesLikeABrick
November 18, 2005, 9:23 pm
I agree that it would make sense to be able to modify weapons while you're in game, it would speed up the process of making a weaponmod so you don't have to reload after every change.

Don't forget that this is the first version out with weapon mods, so "extra" features like this haven't been considered yet.

SERIAL KILLeR
November 18, 2005, 9:42 pm
You can use alt-tab to exit soldat, then edit the xxx.ini weapons stats and then alt+tab to go back to soldat and use the /loadweap xxx command to load the new stats, then kill yourself (otherwise you'll still have a weapon with the old stats).

Echo_Trail
November 18, 2005, 10:05 pm
correct, but soldat tends to screw up if you're running other programs meanwhile pressing alt+tab. mine does anyway..
I'm all for the idea though..

Chonoryoku
November 18, 2005, 10:25 pm
Make a .ini file (in this case, we'll call it omg.ini) and go ingame. Type "/loadwep omg" and you're all set.

Or you could minimize Soldat with F9 and do what Serial Killer said. >_>

a-4-year-old
November 22, 2005, 12:53 am
mabe we should have a thing in the options menu for switching folders for each mod

like this:
the normal "mod" for soldat in the "normal folder"
the "ww2" mod in the "ww2" folder

click the drop down and select the mod you want

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 1:06 am
What they mean is not switching to a different weapons mod mid-game, but actively altering the mod. That way, instead of having to start up Soldat every time you want to test a change (only to have to close it to tweak the mod more, and then repeat), you could make adjustments and test them right in the game--a feature that would save a significant amount of downtime when making a weapons mod.

_Mancer_
November 22, 2005, 3:01 am
Read the goddamn manual people...

the command is /loadwep

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 3:58 am
Mancer, he means change the ini while playing so that testing a mod is easier...

nfsjunkie91
November 22, 2005, 5:15 pm
when i run a game with weapon mods, i just have the game windowed, so it doesn't get all screwy, that mite work for ya.