( search forums )
Soldat BuddyList v2 PUBLIC - New Soldat Friendlist
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
DePhille
November 16, 2005, 6:20 pm
Soldat BuddyList
Version 2.0 - Public edition.

*ErrorLog* If you see strange stuff happening it may be an error. Check if an ErrorLog file exists in your SBL directory. If so , please send it to DePhille@GMail.com , all received ErrorLogs will be solved.

Table of Contents:

1. Download and Info
2. Updates (V2 Public)

1. Download and Info
Info:
Functions:
-See what server your friends are playing on. (+Join them)
-Chat with your friends.
-Get a notify when someone adds you.
-Very small memory and CPU usage. (Even less than XFire)
-Cool black themed GUI (Grphic User Interface).
-A Memberlist with all active members.
-Settings tab.
-Minimize to tray.
-AutoLogin on startup.
-A whole lot of bug fixes.
-New setup program Inno Setup 2005. (Faster , smaller , nicer)

Screenshots:
1. Main window. (SCREENSHOT)
2. Chat window.(SCREENSHOT)
3. Settings window.(SCREENSHOT)
4. Memberlist window.(SCREENSHOT)

Download:
Soldat BuddyList v2 Public Installation File - [DOWNLOAD]

2. Updates
V2 Public
Completely new , everything was changed.

V1 BETA2
[FIX] Program joined player IP instead of Sevrer IP
[CHANGE] 5 Minute Delay now 30seconds delay
[ADD] Auto-refresh function
[CHANGE] If a request is received from someone that's in your contact list , his IP will be updated. (More accurate IP's and less server usage)
[CHANGE] User's dots don't change to yellow anymore , they only change if the user's state has changed.
[ADD] Added 2 new console messages.
[CHANGE] Player's IP's are updated from the server when the program starts and when the 'IP Update Interval' occurs. (less server usage)

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 6:37 pm
Nice app,
So my username is SgtBeaver if someone feels like adding :D

And a hide to toolbar function would be good.
Keep it up!

DePhille
November 16, 2005, 6:50 pm
My Username is DePhille ;)

Thanks for the comments.
The toolbar function will prolly be added in the next release :)

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 7:25 pm
Omg, look's nice! Ill try it.

My username is Nookie

KeFear
November 16, 2005, 7:52 pm
Hey, nice ;) My username is KeFear

How about integrating something like SigCenter into it? ;) That would be even better imho.

DePhille
November 16, 2005, 8:05 pm
SigCenter?
You mean like everyone can upload their sigs etc.?
Well that's very doubtful - I'm already hoping that my server will be able to handle the current bandwidth. it's hosted on the same server as SoldatPage and the Webring. Soldatpage uses around 10Gb/month , The Webring around 20Gb/month , i hope this program won't go above 20Gb/month , i can handle it but it becoming alot of bandwidth though , so if the sigcenter gets into it the bandwidth can be multiplied by let's say 4 to 5 times making it impossible to host on a free server. I'll have to see about that.

Thanks for the nice comments.

PS: I found a major bug in the program. It will be fixed in a minute lol , there's one line of code that's wrong x.x typically me.

Grtz , DePhille

KeFear
November 16, 2005, 8:10 pm
Well, i mean the app would make a signature for everyone containing his/her current status (playing on which server, or not)

DePhille
November 16, 2005, 8:15 pm
Oh yeah , well great idea actually.
It'd still use alot of bandwidth but atleast it's worth it , maybe if i can get hold of a free server with PHP and alot of bandwidth , then just use that server for the sigs... i'll think about that.

//EDIT: NEW VERSION , check out the main post.

Grtz , DePhille

Elephant_Hunter
November 17, 2005, 1:13 am
This is a great program because my clan could really utilize it.

Suggestions for 1.0:
- Clicking on "sign up" does not close login box.
- Auto-login feature (maybe username and encrypted password stored in registry?)
- Minimize to tray
- Load on boot

Suggestions for next major release:
- Option to notify when buddy is playing soldat (like Gmail notify)
- Nicer GUI (toolbars, icons, seperate settings window)

Edit: My username is elephanthunter :P

m00`
November 17, 2005, 4:33 am
my username is m00 :D

Yukwunhang
November 17, 2005, 9:07 am
Dephille, maybe you could get Flies or n00bface to host it.
Anyway my username is Yukwunhang.

Echo_Trail
November 17, 2005, 10:57 am
hmm.. mine wont work! keeps saying missing or invalid file.. even though i downloaded to other one!
could someone tell me how to do?
since someone got it working fine and all, i'm obviously doing it the wrong way..
echo out

DePhille
November 17, 2005, 4:04 pm
All: Thanks for the comments. I'm adding every user that registers (i got the userlist on MySQL PhpMyAdmin;) ). Anyway , i'm not On the app for too much since i rather edit it so if you'll see mo online i'm prolly testing stuff and it could be it gives false information about me(I can manipulate it).
Also , a question: Does the app also give correct SoldatNick/server when you got Profile files (eg. Soldat registered?)

Elephant Hunter: Thanks very much for the nice suggestion list! That helped me alot , i'll implement most of that.

Yukwunhang: Hmm maybe , probably Flies's since he knows a hell lot of PHP and I trust him the most. I've never talked to n00bface so I trust flies more ;). Anyway , i'm going to wait untill the app.'s new registrations die down a bit so i can value the bandwidth needed.

Echo Trail: Redownload it. You're missing the file BuddyList.SBL , which i forgot to add in file2. I fixed it along with Beta2. The BuddyList.SBL file is certainly in the first file so if the second still doesn't work you can download the first and extract the BuddyList.SBL file in the folder where the .exe is placed.
I'll test them both on this fresh PC (my grandpa's). If sucha bug exists it is fixed immediately since that's kind of a major bug. If you don't see any changes it prolly was OK after all :)

Suggestionlist additions:
- Clicking on "sign up" does not close login box.
- Auto-login feature -> will be stored in a Settings.ini file , along with all the settings.
- Minimize to tray , it uses more memory* , minimizing to toolbar OK(already in it)?
- Load on boot
- MSN-like notify , also uses more memory*
- Nicer GUI -> first all the functions then the GFX. Tabbed pages will occur when there are more features etc. but i'm waiting with a proper GUI (like my other app: Soldat LogVoyager) until i think most of the big features are added. Otherwise i can recreate the GUI everytime i implement a new big function/page.

Grtz , DePhille

KeFear
November 17, 2005, 4:24 pm
Hmm.. Minimize to tray uses more memory? :O I think if an app is minimized to the tray it uses LESS memory as the main window is not shown or something.. (at least that's what I experience with ARSSE...)

Anyways, keep up the good work :)

(a send message feature would be nice also ;))

Oh, and i may have a solution for you to make the exe size about 34k without "ruining" it.

Yukwunhang
November 17, 2005, 4:32 pm
Suggestions:
-Refresh immediately after log in
-When you add a buddy, it checks the database first and tell you if the user exists
-A list of all users (Write it in PHP and host it somewhere else for saving bandwidth)
-Notify you when someone add you to his buddy list, just like MSN
-Remove the refresh button, just make it auto-refresh every 30 secs

DePhille
November 17, 2005, 6:01 pm
KeFear: It does. The windows task manager mostly shows false info about RAM usage of a program. If not my HL2 game would only consume 34Mb of memory , actually it takes more like 300 i guess , certainly not 34.
For some programs though it does.
Those are programs where a control changes appearnaces very fast and the control needs to be refreshed everytime the change take effect , if the program is minimized it doesn't have to refresh it because the user can't see it. In this case , setting BuddyList to the toolbar will have the same effect as setting it in the tray , only the tray code will add some Kb's (1 or 2) to the program. Also , send me that info about the smaller .exe trough PM , this may be handy for big releases.

Added to suggestion list:
-Refresh sequence controllable in settings (Auto refresh on startup , no more refresh button , ...)
-When you add a buddy, it checks the database first and tell you if the user exists <- it already does that , try adding the user qselfhslhf or something , server will change to ERROR: No such user!
-A list of all users <- I'd have to host it at my server , doesn't make any diffrence. If the script is hosted elsewhere it still needs to get the data from the database (also bandwidth , more bandwidth even. This would take around 10seconds to load.) so if i make that it'd be at my own server.
-Notify you when someone add you to his buddy list, just like MSN. Then i'd have to host all buddylists on my server. I can maybe make such a function though. I don't know , it won't be easy but i'll try.

Thanks alot yuk!

//EDIT: Suggestion list now public displayed: http://mr.netpub.org/SoldatBuddyList/
Grtz , DePhille

KeFear
November 17, 2005, 7:08 pm
Oh well, i still suggest the minimize-to-system-tray function as i don't really like programs using the precious space of my taskbar :) A little more filesize is nothing for this imho.

Nice public to-do list ;) don't forget signatures ;)

DeLarge
November 17, 2005, 7:31 pm
My username is Alex De Large.

DePhille
November 17, 2005, 8:13 pm
I don't see you registered DeLarge , are you sure that it worked?
Could be a bug though.
You're not in the userlist so you're not registered :/.

/found a change to add to the suggestion list:
/Add a webbrowser to register and make a PHP page , much more stable.

Grtz , DePhille

Elephant_Hunter
November 17, 2005, 8:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFearOh well, i still suggest the minimize-to-system-tray function as i don't really like programs using the precious space of my taskbar :) A little more filesize is nothing for this imho.

Agreed.

DePhille, minimization to tray is a necessity to get this program off the ground even though it may take up more memory. If I had a VB compiler I might offer you help, but I don't have any proprietary compilers on me.

DePhille
November 17, 2005, 9:18 pm
Elephant Hunter:
I know how to do the minimize to tray function , that ain't the problem.
There isn't actually a problem , i just browse the net for the API code to do that.
It will be considered , i'll browse and try to find it.

Grtz , DePhile

That One Guy
November 17, 2005, 10:16 pm
Haven't tried it yet, but I'm gonna download it. If anyone wants to add me, I'm

|MK| That One Guy

-That One Guy

Yukwunhang
November 18, 2005, 9:49 am
quote:-When you add a buddy, it checks the database first and tell you if the user exists <- it already does that , try adding the user qselfhslhf or something , server will change to ERROR: No such user!
No, it doesnt work for me.

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 2:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by yukwunhang
No, it doesnt work for me.
Oddly, me neither.

This program seems great! Are you going to add other features to it than just seeing what server peeps are playing on?

edit: By the way im Pikkalaka

DePhille
November 18, 2005, 4:05 pm
Oh it does.
Apparently it doesn't show that the user doesn't exist but it actually does check it :P
It was there in the Beta1 but in Beta2 it disappeared because I forgot to change it to the new engine. Will be added again in next release , sorry!

Cog Rouge: Check the suggestionslist. Probably a chat function , popup windows , sigs , ...

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 5:59 pm
Okay, now I noticed that when you add a user that doesn't exist, exit, and then log in again it shows the error message.
So in a way it works.

I checked out the suggestionslist, looking good [;)]

Da cHeeSeMaN
November 19, 2005, 9:22 pm
fuking awsome!

DePhille
November 19, 2005, 10:20 pm
Thanks

Thought I'd give you some information about the upcoming release.
ALL THE CODE HAS BEEN REWRITTEN! That's why it's going to be Soldat BuddyList v2.0 Beta1.
I added a cool GUI , solved some problems , added functions etc.
I'll be releasing it soon without extra functions (MSNlike notify , ...) to test if this version poses any problems or bugs. I guess that when this version is bug-free i'll be releasing it as a Public version.

Grtz , DePhille

Giantarm
November 20, 2005, 4:20 am
KICK ASS

DePhille
November 21, 2005, 4:41 pm
Yesterday I finished the 2.0 version.
It features:
-Chat availablity
-A cool GUI (Black themed)
-MSNized; You get a notify if someone adds you.
-A Memberlist
-100 Times faster (Really , i calculated it twice)
-Minimize to tray
-Settings
-Better installer (cooler , faster , 2x smaller, bug-free, (Inno Setup2005))
-Some more functions I forgot to say.

But there's some delay: As i was tesing it with Yukwunhang , KaotiK , MrT , Mikekuul , .. there were some errors. This was meant to be a public release but i'm going to recheck the whole code again and try to force every step with every possibility to avoid errors. Normally I would have released it as a Beta , but i didn't receive any Console.txt files so i removed the console function and decided to test it with friends.
I don't know when I'll release it , i'll prolly be testing it alot. I'm gonna release it if i can't find any other bug in it.
You can still help me Betatesting with joining #ht.soldat (My clan channel) and ask for me.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 1:06 am
My man i tried making a name "Taal" ofcourse but the email valification wasnt sent and thus cant get into my name. is there a way to get it to send the valification again or if my email was wrong change my email

rabidhamster
November 23, 2005, 3:41 am
quote:Originally posted by DePhille
It features:
-Chat availablity
-A cool GUI (Black themed)
-MSNized; You get a notify if someone adds you.
-A Memberlist
-100 Times faster (Really , i calculated it twice)
-Minimize to tray
-Settings
-Better installer (cooler , faster , 2x smaller, bug-free, (Inno Setup2005))
-Some more functions I forgot to say.
i hate you.

DePhille
November 23, 2005, 12:31 pm
Taal: No , ther isn't at the moment. Anyway , i set your account as active so you can just use the program anyways.
I'll add a "Type E-Mail again" inputbox and maybe make a whole site for Soldat BuddyList (if it really gets famous)

Rabidhamster: I don't get it. :)

Also , would you people use Soldat BuddyList instead of XFire (if you look at the new features that will be added) ? Please also tell me why/why not. thx!

Grtz , DePhille

DePhille
November 23, 2005, 3:14 pm
Version 2 Public edition released.
See first post in topic.

Grtz , DePhille

rabidhamster
November 23, 2005, 4:21 pm
looks amazing, and works great.

btw, my previous post meant i envy your skills.

DePhille
November 23, 2005, 6:11 pm
Oh , thx :)
It seems to work.
I've received some bugs but fixed them immediately.
Maybe a patch with an auto-updater would be good , lemme look that up.

Grtz , DePhille

rabidhamster
November 23, 2005, 6:52 pm
an auto-updater would be sweet, but it's not necessary.

Source
November 23, 2005, 8:03 pm
oh wow, this is a very good program, good job.

N1nj@
November 23, 2005, 9:54 pm
this rocks. Add me guys, my username is Spyder

Elephant_Hunter
November 24, 2005, 12:05 am
The Soldat executable path is stored in the registry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Soldat\DefaultIcon. You can default to the string stored there and let the user modify the path if need be later on.

Yukwunhang
November 24, 2005, 10:09 am
I got an error when I run Setup.exe :/

Elephant_Hunter
November 24, 2005, 11:54 am
quote:Originally posted by yukwunhangI got an error when I run Setup.exe :/

What does the error say?

DePhille
November 24, 2005, 3:34 pm
Elephant Hunter: Yea reading things in the registry is a good idea , though I'll have to see how it works (I don't know that one out of my head).

Yukwunhang/Others: I need to know atleast an number so i can google it. A description is great since some error numbers can't be find on google because their description already say enough. I also need to know what you've done to get the error(Yuk said he opened the .exe so that's fine , otherwise i'd be searching in my program code now :)).

Please also check the folder where you installed SBL , if it contains a file called ErrorLog , send the contents to DePhille@Gmail.com (The inner content of a file looks like a huge IP address).

I'm still finding some minor bugs so the ErrorLogs would help me alot. Thanks.

Grtz , DePhille

Yukwunhang
November 24, 2005, 4:12 pm
Heh, sorry about that.
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 6:18 pm
I'm having major problems signing up.
I'm assumning you get an email after signing up, because its an "Invalid Username"? But I never got an email. Could you send me one somehow? My address is: markal92@gmail.com

DePhille
November 24, 2005, 9:16 pm
Hi,

First of all , I'm back on 56k since i used the internet too much and crossed my bandwidth limits (15Gb). I hate my country's ISPs :(

Yukwunhang: That's an error from Inno Setup 2005. I don't know how that is caused since I did not code Inno Setup 2005. I'm surrently on 56k and couldn't search too much for it. All i found is that this bug could exist in Win2k/98/95 . Try shutting down other programs , or maybe the program doesn't support chinese/japanese , I don't know. Try googling "Inno Setup Access Violation Error" or something.

Officer_Bulbock: Try creating a new account again , i don't see you anywhere in the memberlist. I know this bug exists so I'm going to create a site for SBL to sign up. Though I'm on 56k for the next few days , so i cant upload it yet. Anyway , try signing up again and again until it sais that the user already exists. If this problem keeps existing reply again with your username/e-mail and I'll set up an account for you manually.

Sorry for the 56k problems.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 4:59 am
well its working fine for me, i added everyone cept delarge

xtishereb
November 26, 2005, 1:53 am
*adds everyone who has a username*

Hi random people!

I'm xtishereb, so, add me if you feel like it.

This program **c*ing rules.

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 9:07 pm
Its still not working :|

Stern
November 29, 2005, 12:49 am
Good job man. One suggestion: Since this is a soldat specific app, wouldn't it be cooler if it was themed like the soldat menus? I mean, the blue/green/whatever background with the rectangular buttons and the same font, etc. I think that would be the only issue I have with it.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
November 29, 2005, 4:49 am
I have always wanted an app like this. It would be amazing if it was integrated into soldat as another tab. My name is MikeShinoda.

DePhille
November 29, 2005, 3:48 pm
Stern: Well yeah , but that's just one's taste :). I like the current more than the Soldat theme. Maybe I could implement a skin feature so others can make skins for the program?

MikeShinoda: Thanks :) , maybe that's a good idea , but that'd require MM to do it since he's the one garding the Soldat Code :)

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 4:04 pm
Just make a background, that is changeable.

DePhille
November 29, 2005, 4:08 pm
The buttons aren't transparent , so they'll have black squares around them ;)

Grtz , DePhille

Stern
November 29, 2005, 9:26 pm
The idea of a skin is great, DePhille. People could make their own skins if they wanted too.

karmazon
November 29, 2005, 10:19 pm
my name is Angelina Jolie

sike its karmazon

sike its masta killa

sike its really karmazon

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 11:30 pm
I though you said you didn't play anymore karma?

im Spicy
November 30, 2005, 12:21 am
LIES! Karma just runs around spraying his taunts.
my name is ECKS, add me.

karmazon
November 30, 2005, 12:22 am
quote:Originally posted by Sgt. BeaverI though you said you didn't play anymore karma?

the [CENSORED] i never said that

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 2:13 pm
What ever happened to the old Soldat friends list?

i havent been on the forums in quite a long time so disregard anything outdated that i say

DePhille
November 30, 2005, 2:59 pm
Well I saw it broke down :/
Otherwise I wouldn't have created this program ofcourse.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 1:27 am
well it looks like a great program

i will DL it right now

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 5:46 am
yeah i prefer SFN but its an alright alternative, welcome back cleric

DePhille
December 1, 2005, 5:08 pm
Taal: I appreciate your comment but I'd like to know why you'd use SFN rather than SBL. I'm very open to suggestions , most of all suggestions will be added so any ideas are welcome. What do you like about SFN that SBL doesn't have?

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 6:20 am
your atitude towards it is impressive and refreshing. i geuss the fact that i watched it start from an idea and grow has made me fond of it, but i did enjoy the compactness and the profesional look

DePhille
December 2, 2005, 4:50 pm
Thanks for the nice comment Taal :)
Anyway , maybe I can give you that feel again by adding the skin features.

PS: I'm still on the look for ErrorLog.LOG files , I only have received one or two. I don't think that only one or two persons had problems , probably alot more so send in those ErrorLog.LOG files!

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 5:09 am
how long does it take to send the confirm email

DePhille
December 11, 2005, 9:28 am
I don't know what's wrong with the registration but it seems that it refuses to work with some computers.
I think it is a firewall / router that is blocking your internet access but I don't know.

Anyway , try again with the same name and you'll see it won't say "Nickname already in use".
Retry until you get that message , if you get that message an email has been sent to the address you gave up (It'll always arrive unless you typed your E-Mail faulty)

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 9:51 am
kikikiki, I love you. <3

All I ask for, is proxy support.

DePhille
December 11, 2005, 9:54 am
Ohhh , simple in VB , just have to set some options in the winsock control (as you might probably know :) )
The problem is that I'm rebuilding my room and therefor my PC isn't currently running , I'll have accessto the codes in 10days again and I'll get back here to see what suggestions have been made.

Grtz , DePhille

NegativeNrG
December 11, 2005, 10:17 am
this seems like a nice Program, but i didnt recieve the confirm/activation email, i tried to re-register, and it said "nickname already in use" so i tried a different name, and i got "email address already is used, you might have an account already" or something similar to that.
any solutions?

Edit: it was in my junk mail :P

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 8:30 pm
thanks i tried the email thing with @yahoo.com didnt work. but then i tired it with @gmail.com And it worked. weird huh?

DePhille
December 11, 2005, 9:50 pm
ohhh , handy information kobe!
That could be the bug with the activation e-mails , everyone I know the e-mail of and that tried registering and didn't receive the e-mail got a yahoo address.
I might send an e-mail about it to my webhost to ask if it is blocked or so.
Hmm , strange though , there are people in the database that seem to be activated with a yahoo email , but they needed a long time to activate. Maybe It's yahoo's fault , dunno :/. The email script is very bug-free , it's just one function .

Thanks for the nice comments again.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
January 3, 2006, 2:57 am
Shoot, wish I had known that before I tried to register with a yahoo e-mail :P Now it won't let me register with that name...

lpzie
January 9, 2006, 8:15 pm
Cool program, but the i-face is so big >_< I'm more a small font, doesn't take up much space kinda guy.

-VzX- Silverflame
February 11, 2006, 11:42 pm
im confused, i am online on the program, but it says im offline to other people. i added myself to the list and it says that im offline, how do i fix this?

DePhille
February 13, 2006, 4:08 pm
Probably a firewall blocking your internet.
Or it could be that you are behind a router that does not support uPnP.
Or you're both behind a router.

Grtz , DePhille

-VzX- Silverflame
February 13, 2006, 6:26 pm
what is uPnP?

Notkeiran
February 14, 2006, 4:12 am
Add me >>> Keiran

-VzX- Silverflame
February 14, 2006, 2:52 pm
uPnP?

DePhille
February 14, 2006, 5:27 pm
Wikipedia:
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is a set of computer network protocols promulgated by the UPnP Forum. The goals of UPnP are to allow devices to connect seamlessly and to simplify the implementation of networks in the home and corporate environments. UPnP achieves this by defining and publishing UPnP device control protocols built upon open, Internet-based communication standards.

In short:
I'm using uPnP to automaticly forward the ports if you have a router. Though not all routers support uPnP so it does not work with all routers.

Grtz , DePhille

UPnP is distinct from Plug-and-play, a technology for dynamically attaching devices to a computer directly.

-VzX- Silverflame
February 16, 2006, 12:30 am
is there a way you could help me? i think mines capable of upnp....

DePhille
February 16, 2006, 3:46 pm
Try forwarding ports 23023 and 24024 manually (TCP) on your router. Also try turning off every program that could be using these ports or blocking them (firewalls , ...).It's strange that if you add your own it shows offline , normally it would change the IP to 127.0.0.1 if the IP that the program is connecting to is the same as the IP of the machine it is running on. Put your mouse over your own name after about one minute and see if it sais IP 127.0.0.1

Grtz , DePhille

-VzX- Silverflame
February 17, 2006, 4:24 am
i forwarded the ports...( hope i did it right) it still shows me offline yet it shows my correct ip.....

DePhille
February 17, 2006, 4:07 pm
Your correct IP should be 127.0.0.1 , not any other since that won't work. 127.0.0.1 always refers to your own PC , you cannot connect to your PC using the IP address given by "whatsmyip" or something.

Are you sure you don't have any firewall running (check windows firewall) because it doesn't even allow connections from it's own machine :O

Grtz , DePhille

-VzX- Silverflame
February 17, 2006, 7:30 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DePhilleYour correct IP should be 127.0.0.1 , not any other since that won't work. 127.0.0.1 always refers to your own PC , you cannot connect to your PC using the IP address given by "whatsmyip" or something.

Are you sure you don't have any firewall running (check windows firewall) because it doesn't even allow connections from it's own machine :O

i dont use windows firewall...(its like swiss cheese) i use norton internet security '06. i still dont get 127.0.0.1 i get the ip that www.whatismyip.com gives me and not the default one when i right click the tray icon for wireless internet. i still need help with this, it is a good program but if this doesnt work, maybe u can direct me into a similar program :(

DePhille
February 18, 2006, 11:18 am
I guess it's probably norton then, my friend also has norton (earlier version) and it didn't work for him either. He solved it but since I'm not a fan of firewalls (never had one , never had problems) I don't know how to allow or check if SBL is allowed. So maybe you'll have to look on the norton help pages for that.

Grtz , DePhille

-VzX- Silverflame
February 23, 2006, 3:12 pm
i deleted norton (geez it lagged my computer :P ) anyways, it freed up some slowness and now im gonna try it again!! hope i dont have anymore problems ( norton is a lag hog )

Sircubes
March 5, 2006, 11:26 pm
Im having a problem where it says everyone is offline. I have no clue why :( I have tried turning off my firewall and anything that i though might be interfearing, and now luck :/ Can someone please help me?

David S7
April 6, 2006, 10:37 pm
I don't know why, when I try to register, and fill all the blanks, it does nothing. Then I try to make it again and then it says that my username must have characters from a-z and 0-9 only. First I tried to register as David S7, it didn't worked. Then to DavidS7, nothing.
Please help me! I wan't to know where my buddies are!

DePhille
April 7, 2006, 9:52 am
Strange :/
Try turning off firewalls and such , had the problem too (not the same problem but it was comparable).
You could also try using davids7 instead of DavidS7.

Alternatively you can PM me a username and password and email and I'll set up an account for ya.

Grtz , DePhille

David S7
April 8, 2006, 1:25 am
 Quote:Originally posted by DePhilleStrange :/
Try turning off firewalls and such , had the problem too (not the same problem but it was comparable).
You could also try using davids7 instead of DavidS7.

Alternatively you can PM me a username and password and email and I'll set up an account for ya.

Grtz , DePhille

I e-mailed you.

Hiei
April 8, 2006, 4:04 pm
This is awesome my sn is Hiei

David S7
April 8, 2006, 6:13 pm
DePhille check your email please ;).