( search forums )
drawing in need of critiques b4 going any further
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
bluestreak
November 16, 2005, 11:50 pm
wassup fellow soldaterians i'm working on this soldat enspired drawing and b4 i go any further with it, adding details and clothes, colour and making it look spiffy and whatnot i need some critiques 2 tell me everything thats wrong with it. now i've only done the basic shapes of the image no detail yet except for a bit on the barret but other than that i need some comments on how i can improve the human form of this image is everything kind of the right shape and everything and yea :) FIRE AWAY!

image:
http://img463.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soldatdraftweb7rn.jpg

[IMAGE]

The Geologist
November 17, 2005, 12:27 am
Any way to post a better link, possibly something we could click on and expand in a larger window? Looks pretty good, but it's so small I can't check out the details.

antiCamper
November 17, 2005, 12:46 am
http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/7126/soldatdraftweb2kf.jpg

bluestreak
November 17, 2005, 12:50 am
doh! imageshack didn't used 2 do that bugger! oh well a link will have 2 do :\

The Geologist
November 17, 2005, 1:07 am
:o

Looks pretty damn good to me. I like the sense of depth and the fluidity of the strokes and lines. Keep going with it.

Deleted User
November 17, 2005, 1:12 am
Wow, I really admire the way you drew the hair.

bluestreak
November 17, 2005, 1:28 am
yea well its only a draft so yea the hair is gonna look alot better if everything goes 2 plan :) thx.

Deleted User
November 17, 2005, 2:59 am
Maybe more signs of were the jet flames are coming from.
Also the metal thing you rip off the grenade can be somewhere.
I love the way you drew it, you have serious talent if you came up with that at the top of your head.
If you didnt and copied it then shame on you!!
Goodluck!

bluestreak
November 17, 2005, 3:08 am
"Also the metal thing you rip off the grenade can be somewhere." oh yea i thought of drawing that but forgot 2 draw it in, thx :), and yes this image came straight out of me noggin, i don't like 2 copy.

headstone
November 18, 2005, 12:09 pm
lol... 'the pin' ?

Nice drawing, the hair and nade are really well done.

Echo_Trail
November 18, 2005, 1:26 pm
awesome! I like that little 'scratch' at the bald part of his head in particular xD

lithium
November 19, 2005, 3:44 am
Holy crap. Nice.

Deleted User
November 19, 2005, 5:03 pm
Thats nice.. really nice. I cant wait ur comics.. But i think it looks a bit too serious.. u could make it look more funnyer.. or make the storyline of ur comics funny. i like more funny comics than serious comics.. but nice drawing there!

Kazuki
November 19, 2005, 5:40 pm
Wow. A very nice drawing indeed. I agree with everyone here that this drawing could be stared at for a few minutes, just so you could admire it. Also, like aznbl00d, I really love the hair.

Da cHeeSeMaN
November 19, 2005, 9:33 pm
that is really good.

bluestreak
November 22, 2005, 4:07 am
quote:Originally posted by VitoThats nice.. really nice. I cant wait ur comics.. But i think it looks a bit too serious.. u could make it look more funnyer.. or make the storyline of ur comics funny. i like more funny comics than serious comics.. but nice drawing there!

eh comic? wats this about a comic? its just going 2 be an image on its own but hey thx the comments :)

zaraza
November 22, 2005, 5:47 pm
hey! It pwns! Maybe draw some ground far under him to show how high above he is? Could be interesting...

I'm looking forward to see more from you

Soulsnipa
November 22, 2005, 7:34 pm
suggestions/comments:

give him a scar

butt of gun looks awkward

give hime a knife in his other hand

add a belt of grenades

his head looks too bald

...does he have a ponytail?

nice drawing btw

numgun
November 22, 2005, 7:46 pm
ZOMG! its a cool punk! *runs away*

bluestreak
November 23, 2005, 4:16 am
yea i'm not sure if hes gonna b flying towards the ground or away so i'll either b drawing the ground or sky in the bg as for his haircut he has a mowhawk(punk) and he does actually already have a knife in his hand just kinda hard 2 tell i guess but thats just another prob 2 fix isn't it :) thx soulsnipa your on 2 it ;)

im Spicy
November 23, 2005, 6:09 pm
I think instead of a barret slung on his back, you should put an AK-74. Barret maybe a one shot kill, but the AK is a majestic gun *fondles the barrel* I <3 you AK.

bluestreak
November 24, 2005, 9:31 am
nah i've always used the barret.