( search forums )
m79 hits.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
November 17, 2005, 3:03 am
Ive seen many servers were m79ers shoot at people from far away and land a perfect shot but the person doesnt die. Also, I see it happen to other people where they either shoot at another person or at even myself, where I just bump off and escape without a trace of damage.

Im not sure if anyone made any suggestions about this before, but does this happen to any other m79 user?

Is this due to your own lag, server lag or just plain bugs? :
(Wrong forum - Moved to bugs/help - Brick)

Chonoryoku
November 18, 2005, 10:20 pm
I'm pretty sure it's lag--either yours or the other person's.

Echo_Trail
November 18, 2005, 10:30 pm
well, i don't use m79 much, but i find it, that whenevr i'm hit with it from below, i often survive.. often without any damage done at all..

Deleted User
November 19, 2005, 5:50 pm
Yeah, but it all seems to happen all together. I might hit someone, they dont die. They hit me. Etc. But, is it server lag then. It really annoys me when it happens then I get autoed to death. Ugh.

Kaider
November 19, 2005, 6:57 pm
Sometimes, when I'm shot with an m79, I just keep running the way I was, then five seconds later, I die, probably due to spontanious combustion. Or it might be due to lag.

I'm not sure if I spelled spontanious combustion right...or is it recombustion?

3rd_account
November 23, 2005, 11:46 am
It's most likely due to some sort of packet loss or error in packet handeling that renders some shots unharmfull. Doesn't matter if you got pro Swedish connections or pole DSL. This [CENSORED] still happens to every one and every gun.

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 2:50 am
Its most likely soldat. Netcode is rather bugged, regardless of lag from the server or players.