( search forums )
making taunts
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
mastercheif
November 18, 2005, 8:48 am
you know when the bot kills some one it says somthing how bout we make one for our selfs like when you kill someone you automaticly say the taunt that you put in settings

DeLarge
November 18, 2005, 9:18 pm
I had the idea of this. Pressing ALT + # is time consuming and has the danger of getting you killed in combat.

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 9:22 pm
Lol. Quite useless.
But I like this fun-useless staff.
It makes the game even more fun. I like this. :)

a-4-year-old
November 18, 2005, 10:23 pm
how' bout "sound taunts" imagine alt+Q being IM GONNA CUT YA [CENSORED]!!!!!!! in a high pitch voice
i doubt it could be edited so that you could use whatever, but it would be cool, in age of empires taunt 16 is a high pitch voice that says " I'm in your base! killin' your dudes" :P

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 11:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldhow' bout "sound taunts" imagine alt+Q being IM GONNA CUT YA [CENSORED]!!!!!!! in a high pitch voice
i doubt it could be edited so that you could use whatever, but it would be cool, in age of empires taunt 16 is a high pitch voice that says " I'm in your base! killin' your dudes" :P

Sound taunts! Yea! Very nice idea!
But better for : "Cover me" or Incoming up" or "Need backup!" etc.
And the name in corner of ur screen will be brighter or will shine :)

DeLarge
November 19, 2005, 9:58 am
Hello? We don't need hotkeys, we need automatic taunts.

Chonoryoku
November 19, 2005, 6:34 pm
Maybe instead of having to hold Alt+[Key], we could just hit whatever key we wanted and the taunt would pop up.

Kaider
November 19, 2005, 6:59 pm
Maybe someone should make a program that adds on to Soldat so that whenever you kill someone, it automatically says something. *hint hint*

Swebonny
November 19, 2005, 7:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldhow' bout "sound taunts" imagine alt+Q being IM GONNA CUT YA [CENSORED]!!!!!!! in a high pitch voice

EYah that you self reconrd into the game <3<3<3

STEELIX
November 19, 2005, 9:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by mastercheifyou know when the bot kills some one it says somthing how bout we make one for our selfs like when you kill someone you automaticly say the taunt that you put in settings

Whoa, that'd fill up the chatbox dramatically, wouldn't it? This seems quite useless, really.

a-4-year-old
November 22, 2005, 12:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Dairy
Sound taunts! Yea! Very nice idea!
But better for : "Cover me" or Incoming up" or "Need backup!" etc.
And the name in corner of ur screen will be brighter or will shine :)

it would be awsome to go like "L-O-L I AM R-O-T-F-L" or "i like the taste of barret in the morning" or "AHHHHH! where did my meat sheild go???" XD

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 12:57 am
quote:Originally posted by STEELIX (in response to the auto-taunt suggestion)
Whoa, that'd fill up the chatbox dramatically, wouldn't it? This seems quite useless, really.

That can be easily averted by simply preventing the taunt from displaying again for such-and-such an amount of time.

I personally wouldn't mind a feature like this for things like when you score multi-kills and stuff.