( search forums )
DM, CTF, INF Updated Killing Fields 2
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Veritas
November 18, 2005, 5:05 pm
The major changes I've made is the addition of extra background scenery for increased depth, improved shading and "caves", fully functional waypoints, my logo and a few minor tweaks and fixes.

As a bonus I also made a ctf and inf version of it, I didn't bother with htf, it's not really the ideal htf map after all.

(For ctf and inf I'd recommend no shorter spawn times than 10s)

Here's an overview and some screenshots:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Here's the file:

http://rapidshare.de/files/7813094/Killing_Fields_2.rar.html

Keron Cyst
November 18, 2005, 6:18 pm
Wow, amazing map! I love your shading methods.
The clouds could still use a bit more transparency and horizontal stretching. The cracks of light in the larger cave look kinda weird to me in that there are no holes for them to peak through. Try twisting the polygons around so they look like small holes letting out the light.
Maybe the BG colors can be just a tad darker, but anyways the general color fits the atmosphere. I especially like the vegetation clusters you laid, although the larger background scenery might be a bit large (hard to explain that; never mind).

What's that axe in the bottom-right? oO'

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 6:35 pm
The layout if good, but the clouds are too big and too much resized ingame, otherwise you have nicely placed the other scenery.

And can you give your font away?
It's teh pwn.

Veritas
November 18, 2005, 7:12 pm
Thanks for the positive feedback, much appreciated.

The whole idea with the somewhat bright colours is to enhance the atmosphere, kinda like;
"Nice day for a stroll, innit?"
BOOOM!!!
"AAARGH, MY LEGS"
That's also why there are no weather effects.

And yes, the clouds could have probably been better, but it's not often that you spawn up in the air anyway, so meh.

The "axe" down to the right is actually the Project Starfall logo, which is supposed to resemble a metorite, Project Starfall is the graphical design studio that I run btw.

And finally, the font is Killer Ants, you'll probably find it at dafont.com, typenow.net, if those two fail, google it.

Raptor
November 18, 2005, 10:08 pm
Yes! Looks like you really know how to shade your maps!