( search forums )
grenades
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
mipit
November 18, 2005, 10:44 pm
i would find to better if grenades bounced instead of ploping and rolling. it could change the weapon mods so you have over bounce nades and it would change how people use nades. also there should be 2 bounce and on the thrid hit it explodes and doing splash dammage. also object wouldent detonate it. it would just bounce of the object a minus bounces to detonation. it would have the blast radius of a cluster frament but it would go twice as far as a normal nade.

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 11:00 pm
I am Mancer and I approve of this.

Keron Cyst
November 19, 2005, 12:35 am
Bounce... like bullet ricochets! Then when an ordinary bullet would disappear that would be when the grenade rolls. And make the image rotate while you're at it, MM :-D
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2I am Mancer and I approve of this.

.Loki
November 19, 2005, 7:24 pm
Grenades do bounce. Just jet up into the air and throw them straight down, they bounce right up.

Yuth
November 19, 2005, 11:58 pm
Yes, grenades bounce.

But what I don't like about the grenade...
Is that it explodes if hitting a collider or player.

It shouldn't explode by hitting colliders or players.

And would be fun if you could hold the fire button etc...
And then be able to pick up and throw a loose item.

Saint-Cross
November 20, 2005, 12:07 am
If the grenades bounced like you have suggested, then it wouldn't be as realistic.I'm content with how the grenades are now, since I can use them well.

Deleted User
November 20, 2005, 12:37 am
Naw, I dont like it. I like just to sprawl them on the ground and wait for the noob who doesnt know theyre there to go KABOOOOSH!

Tybs
November 21, 2005, 2:47 pm
I would like it if a grenade also exploded when u shot it... would add something special to it ^^

Deleted User
November 21, 2005, 6:08 pm
Then an you could spray at someone with an HK and they'd blow themselves up.

Lolly
November 22, 2005, 2:04 am
Hehe.

Echo_Trail
November 22, 2005, 5:42 pm
when a grendae explode, small fragments of metal should fly in different directions! One hit kills like the knife..

*Joke*

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 5:51 pm
Thats actually not a bad idea Echo (Except the one-hit-kill ;D). People are complaining about grenades blowing you everywhere, but how about most of the grenades damage is done by shrapnel instead? There would still be a small explosion that could push you about a bit, but when the grenade goes off lowish damage shrapnel also comes out of it (Although it doesn't go very far). The shrapnel won't push you around like a ping-pong ball so wallah! :D

hippieguy
November 23, 2005, 2:04 am
Yeah, it would be cool if the nade actually had some frag in it. Plus, why not have incendary nades???

FliesLikeABrick
November 23, 2005, 5:12 am
quote:Originally posted by Saint-CrossIf the grenades bounced like you have suggested, then it wouldn't be as realistic.I'm content with how the grenades are now, since I can use them well.

the grenades aren't realistic now because they explode when they hit people.

perhaps in realistic mode, the grenades should not explode when they hit people (or are stepped on)

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 5:34 am
Shrapnel and incendiary grenades (maybe flamer-esque burn damage?) would be real neat, especially the shrapnel. Heck, I don't know why shrapnel isn't already in the game; it seems to me like it's only natural that it should be, and it'd make clusters truly useful anyway.

Also, I thought that in some instances nades can be set off by bullets--I can recall a few times when I was tossing a nade and it blew up in my face at the same time someone shot me in, well, the face, and I'd end up with a self-kill. It could just be some freak accident/coincidence though..

On a quasi-related subject, do the individual clusters in a cluster nade dish out as much damage as a regular nade?

Tybs
November 23, 2005, 11:23 am
quote:Originally posted by hippieguyYeah, it would be cool if the nade actually had some frag in it. Plus, why not have incendary nades???

Forgive me my bad english, but what is incendary? :S

Echo_Trail
November 23, 2005, 8:40 pm
quote:Thats actually not a bad idea Echo (Except the one-hit-kill ;D).

i have a mind of a thousand (clever) thoughts... o_O

mipit
December 1, 2005, 10:53 pm
I never realy thrown a grenade (thats a goal in life) but dont they have timers or sometimes fuses? also it should be added to the weapon mod txt file so we could set the tension on the springs. im amazed it one of my few ideas and even the fewer that people like.

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 11:45 pm
I reckon have a different type of grenade, Bouncy Bombs (or something like that).

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 1:57 am
quote:Originally posted by Tybsquote:Originally posted by hippieguyYeah, it would be cool if the nade actually had some frag in it. Plus, why not have incendary nades???

These kind of grenades produce heat by means of a chemical reaction. The body is practically the same as smoke and gas grenades. The filler consists mostly of 600 to 800 grams thermate (TH3), which is an improved version of thermite, the incendiary agent used in hand grenades during World War II. Thermite is borrowed from the chemical name "thermite reaction" which involves the reaction of aluminium metal and ferrous oxide (rust) to produce iron, oxygen, and aluminium oxide. This reaction, which used to be used to weld rail road tracks, produces a tremendous amount of heat (approximately 2200 degrees Celcius or 4000 degrees Farenheit). One advantage to a thermate grenades is its ability to fuse the metallic parts of a given object together. This makes incendiary grenades such as the AN-M14 useful for destroying weapons caches, artillery units, and vehicles. Other advantages of thermate payloads include the ability to burn through a 1/2-inch (13 mm) homogeneous steel plate and the fact that an external oxygen source is not needed to sustain the reaction. Because of this, an AN-M14 can burn underwater. White phosphorus (also used in smoke grenades) can also be added because white phosphorous (called Willy Peter in the military jargon) has a potent incendiary effect, burning at a temperature of 2800°C (5000°F).

Thermate and phosphorus cause some of the worst and most painful burn injuries because they combust so quickly and at such a high temperature. A single lit particle can burn through skin, nerves, muscles and even bones. In addition, white phosphorus is very poisonous: a dose of 50-100 milligrams is lethal to the average human.

guess where i got this one from

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 3:50 am
Grenades already seem to bounce enough when you throw it up against a wall or something. I don't think it would be good to make them too bouncy.

_Mancer_
December 2, 2005, 4:08 am
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2I am Mancer and I approve of this.

Hehe.. I actually kinda laughed out loud when I read that

"I lol'd"

Tybs
December 2, 2005, 9:21 am
quote:Originally posted by dascooquote:Originally posted by Tybsquote:Originally posted by hippieguyYeah, it would be cool if the nade actually had some frag in it. Plus, why not have incendary nades???

guess where i got this one from

Uhm, probably google or an encyclopedia... :P

Thanks for making this clear though, now i know what we were talking about again ^^

mipit
December 2, 2005, 1:13 pm
The bouncing was one part of the ideo. it dosent need much it just needs some more speed than the regular grenade and make it to it bounces a little more. i dont realy see a grenade getting thrown at a cement floor and it not bouncing. also corrosive grenades could replace cluster grenades or we could just make the fragments corsive and it will burn medikits and grenade boxes and mabie turrets(small chance)