( search forums )
Htf_Hellbound (Version 2.0)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
November 19, 2005, 3:11 am
Hey everyone. You might be wondering why I created a new topic with my new version rather than updating my old one, but apart from using recycled polygons, its practically a whole new map (Note the 2.0)!

So anyway, here are the pics:
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]
[url][http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4320/hellbound33hj.jpg/url]

The method i used to keep the players inside the level (Inside those outside "fences" are death polygons) is reminiscent of one of 'Makers (Sorry, can't spell it xD) maps.

Download:
[URL]

And just as a treat, heres a comic that was never released:
[URL]

Thanks for your comments in advance!

Deleted User
November 19, 2005, 4:54 am
nice :D

Soulsnipa
November 19, 2005, 5:01 am
wow very very nice texture stretching. Please redo parts of the map and make them smoother. (Maybe I should post a tutorial). I really like the look of this map, minus the edges

Deleted User
November 19, 2005, 5:29 am
Oops, forgot th link!
I'll smooth some of the edges out, although I think they're okay now (anything for you snipey ;D)

Soulsnipa
November 19, 2005, 9:08 am
anything?!?! want to upload your map at SML!

http://sml.u13.net?p=maps

papasurf31
November 19, 2005, 12:37 pm
The comic isn't funny at all, unless I'm missing something. The last frame was a complete anti-climax.

BTW - nice map. I like the shdaing, and I prefer large maps where you can't always see your enemy, it keeps tension in the game.

Raptor
November 21, 2005, 4:39 pm
This map is pretty good! I've never seen a layout like that one.

Good job!

zaraza
November 21, 2005, 5:08 pm
What happens if a medkit fall down on those edges? :/

Nice map anyways! GJ

numgun
November 21, 2005, 10:16 pm
yay.......

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 6:28 pm
*Bump*
Because someone forgot to list me in the mapping contest I don't want this to slip onto the third page and have it not enetered :D

BTW, The last frame of the comic was made to humour the way a Soldat gives himself a "High five" if you wait long enough, but no-one seems to get it. Oh well.

The Geologist
November 26, 2005, 6:36 pm
*ahem* ..you never entered your map in the contest after your posts on the first page. -_- I didn't forget it, and that post is the first to actually mention this map being a part of the contest.

No worries though, it's in there now. We've got a very full boat, anyone know of a server to host these maps for testing purposes?

Veritas
November 26, 2005, 8:19 pm
Ooooh, shiny.

vash763
November 26, 2005, 8:23 pm
OMG AMAZING

ALL CAPS IN AMAZMENT

DOANLAWD