( search forums )
Please!! disable WM..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
CH_SHe
November 19, 2005, 4:57 pm
WM just mess up the game-playing and balance..

Please disable WM from incoming "SOLDAT 1.3.1".

and one more thing..
i hope to change the resolution for the game to 800x600 or upper one.
some texts are unreadable.. because it uses too small font-size sometimes.

Chonoryoku
November 19, 2005, 6:36 pm
Before I say anything, I just want to make sure you've unchecked "Weapon Mod" from the filters box.

Have you?

Deleted User
November 19, 2005, 8:21 pm
Whine whine, bitch bitch.

Give a good reason and it might be considered. And you need better eyes, the current resolution is fine.

DeLarge
November 19, 2005, 9:31 pm
Pick pick, eejit eejit.

You can't filter out the Weapon Modification servers. If you check 'Weapons Mod' in the Filters segment, then instead you're excluding the Non-Weapon Modification Servers.

Other than that, I praise the people who avoid this plague!

Puddle Jumper
November 19, 2005, 9:33 pm
Reasons: People abuse it way too much. I was just playing 1.3 actually, and I tried to go in every WM server. They are all inbalanced. Deagle shoots rockets, the rest of the guns shoot 'peas'. Next server, oh! look at that! Minimi shoots rockets, the rest either blast a shotgun fire of shoot peas. One of them shot all just rockets.

Its NOT the capability of a balanced WM, its the manner in which it is USED.

DeLarge
November 19, 2005, 9:40 pm
You are referring 'peas' as grenades.

numgun
November 19, 2005, 11:36 pm
what the [CENSORED] is wrong with ya people?
MM worked hard on WM's and with them u can do finally the things u have been dreaming about.
but hey, who the [CENSORED] would make ''balanced'' WM's anyway? think again!
if u dont want wm's, just avoid the [WM] thingy in the server name. easy as that.
also u can always make ur own server btw!

Deleted User
November 20, 2005, 1:09 am
This can be fixed by not joining them. Do you see the (WM) beside the server? This is an indication for you not to double click it. It's not really that complicated. So what if people abuse it? Ignore them.

Puddle Jumper
November 20, 2005, 2:35 am
@ numgun, something people dreamed about?
H
A
C
K
S

M
O
R
O
N
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

The Geologist
November 20, 2005, 2:47 am
It's not a hack if it's an option in the game. Stop saying that.

CH_SHe
November 20, 2005, 4:54 am
yes~ it's just an option. and i can avoid WM-servers. right!!

btw, when i search the servers, there are no normal servers..but all WM-servers.
most of server providers uses WM.
i know WM is a good option for playing soldat for experimentally & just for fun..
but when we play with other players of the whole world,
it may just mess up the game.. let true fun of soldat-playing vanish away..

and as Geologist says, if WM is just an option..
hacking and cracking also just could be an option..
it will be ok i just avoid the server where hacker or cracker exist.
and there's no problem if SM ban them..

and i could build up my own server on my PC.
but most of player like to play on a good stable & popular server.. not their own poor server..
that's why most users spend their time on one of listed-servers for playing.

WM is just an experimental.. isn't it?

..ps: sorry for my poor English;; and have a good time of the day..

i am just hope SOLDAT to be nice...and better :D

numgun
November 21, 2005, 3:20 pm
f-uck you. ; )

Deleted User
November 21, 2005, 6:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by CH_SHeyes~ it's just an option. and i can avoid WM-servers. right!!

btw, when i search the servers, there are no normal servers..but all WM-servers.
most of server providers uses WM.
i know WM is a good option for playing soldat for experimentally & just for fun..
but when we play with other players of the whole world,
it may just mess up the game.. let true fun of soldat-playing vanish away..

and i could build up my own server on my PC.
but most of player like to play on a good stable & popular server.. not their own poor server..
that's why most users spend their time on one of listed-servers for playing.

WM is just an experimental.. isn't it?

..ps: sorry for my poor English;; and have a good time of the day..

i am just hope SOLDAT to be nice...and better :D

Un. Check. The. WM. Box.

DeLarge
November 21, 2005, 8:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgunf-uck you. ; )

So you go around the swear filter and you don't get warned?

numgun
November 21, 2005, 10:07 pm
Exactly ; )

The Geologist
November 21, 2005, 10:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by CH_SHe

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said hacking or cracking were options either, are you blind? WM is an OPTION MADE BY MICHAL. Hacking/proggies are tools used by pathetic little kiddies who can't play the game. WM servers aren't hacking, and if you think they are, well..you're just dense and I feel no empathy for you or your cause.

FFS, is it that hard to just not go into WM servers? It's like people think there's a gun at their head that's making them go into these servers and have a bad time. Make a damn choice people, and ignore the servers if you don't like them. And please, make sure you have the WM filter unchecked so that you see ALL the servers, not just the WM servers.

Deleted User
November 21, 2005, 10:31 pm
i lik WM, you see for everyone who doesnt like WM theres 2 that does, WE JUST DONT WHINE ABOUT IT!!!!!. also post in one of the other whine threads dont make your own

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 1:56 am
ok how about not getting rid of WM and making an option to avoid WM? good enough?

defanatic
November 23, 2005, 2:22 pm
I like my WM. I tried to make it balanced.

I don't see what the problem is. It's not cheating or anything. Everyone gets it.

Tybs
November 23, 2005, 3:40 pm
The option of WM is good to have... mess around a little with ur friends when there is nothing to do, or make ur own balanced or unbalanced mod... does it actually matter? In my list 25% of the servers are WM, and the others are normal. If i dont feel like playing a WM server, i just join a normal one. If u list by server name, all WM-servers are actually listed at the same part of the "join" tab (on top of the list, if u didnt notice). If u have to use ping sorting, go ahead and just make sure not to join a WM. If really necessary, just add an option to filter all WM-servers.

Oh, and here is a little tip... if u accidently DO join a WM server, u can do the following:
1. Press escape
2. Move ur mouse over the "exit to menu" button
3. Click ur LEFT mouse button
There ya go, ur back at the main screen! Now u dont have to play in the server anymore!

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 11:25 am
Kill weapon mods, I leave and focous on making MT Trazenva. WM's suck if you suck (or your being hammered by noob cowards that don't let you spawn).

Captain Ben
November 29, 2005, 1:06 am
I'm kinda lost... how do weapon mods encourage hackers?

Algernon
November 29, 2005, 1:40 am
WMs are great. 1.2.1 WMs are extreamly popular and IMO are much better than the defualt 1.3. if you don't like the default 1.3 or the 1.2.1 then you can make your own. i did and i love it. if the game ever starts to get old or you want a little varity thne you can join/host some insane WM server.

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 2:02 am
Like Dezonus Devastation Zone, or gods pub (except they are all spawkillers in gods).