( search forums )
Nobody can get into my server. >.<
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Dumbass
November 21, 2005, 7:20 pm
Basically, I get "Requesting game" alot when people try to join, but nobody can get in! Any idea on what's wrong?

Echo_Trail
November 21, 2005, 7:48 pm
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this!.. Facts are, nobody WANTs to join your server..

Do you have someone.. family or a friend maybe? ...that you can stay with?

You have a nice day now, sir..

Dumbass
November 21, 2005, 8:28 pm
I feel like leaving Soldat entirely just because of you, you obviously own me in every aspect.[/Sarcasm]
Woo, nice job, You're soooo cool now, you do this to your elementary teachers too?
Hell, I'll be blunt, I'm surprised somebody with an attitude like THAT towards new people lasted long enough to get 200+ posts.

Deleted User
November 21, 2005, 11:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by DumbassI feel like leaving Soldat entirely just because of you, you obviously own me in every aspect.[/Sarcasm]
Woo, nice job, You're soooo cool now, you do this to your elementary teachers too?
Hell, I'll be blunt, I'm surprised somebody with an attitude like THAT towards new people lasted long enough to get 200+ posts.

quite well said after that that rude comment

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 7:13 am
Alot of people don't come becuase servers are boring. Mostly this is because nobody is in them. However, 1.3 seems to be a modders game now. Suggestions:
1) make a mod. It will help big time.
2) get a cool name, but original as posible. I used to call mine cool mods, but someone called theirs cool modded server which caused confusion (so now it's Dezonus Devastation Zone).
3) Advertise!! That will help heaps
4) perhaps get some cool custom bots. I run mine with one called Lord of the Flame (in clanmatch that is good).
5) Run it dedicated, but go in it. That way should you need to go, it will still run while your gone
So do those things, and if nobody comes I don't know what to do from there.

_Mancer_
November 23, 2005, 12:23 pm
Making your own dedicated server can be buggy. Best chances are for you to buy one.

DePhille
November 23, 2005, 12:25 pm
Are you behind a router? If so , you'll have to forward some ports (Read the manual)
Also check that other programs do not interfere with the Soldat ports.
If your friend also is behind a router , chances are little that they will be able to join your server (even if you forwarded your ports).

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 10:47 pm
I run my own dedicated, and it works fine.
(dephille your sig is too many lines)

Echo_Trail
November 24, 2005, 12:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Strikequote:Originally posted by DumbassI feel like leaving Soldat entirely just because of you, you obviously own me in every aspect.[/Sarcasm]

This is what makes soldat such a great place to visit! PPl get so easely offended, almost as if you were screaming right on their face!
Sure i was.. rude, but who really cares! It's not like i was offending or nothing! i mean, gosh, come down people!
I was making a bit of fun, and sudently someone comes along, crying about behavior, as if i wrecked the worldpeace itself!
get a grip...
Or i'm forced to laugh at you... well, too late!..

Dumbass
November 25, 2005, 12:40 am
quote:Originally posted by Echo_Trailquote:Originally posted by Strikequote:Originally posted by DumbassI feel like leaving Soldat entirely just because of you, you obviously own me in every aspect.[/Sarcasm]

This is what makes soldat such a great place to visit! PPl get so easely offended, almost as if you were screaming right on their face!
Sure i was.. rude, but who really cares! It's not like i was offending or nothing! i mean, gosh, come down people!
I was making a bit of fun, and sudently someone comes along, crying about behavior, as if i wrecked the worldpeace itself!
get a grip...
Or i'm forced to laugh at you... well, too late!..

When you originated from a forum that dishes out bans for posting like that, it won't seem funny when someone pulls it on you.

Inferno10145
November 25, 2005, 3:05 am
try put ping to use on ur name thats what i do

FliesLikeABrick
November 25, 2005, 5:12 am
you need to open the ports for soldat in your router, read the stickies and use google to find the manual for your router.
I'm gonna get this topic locked because of all the flaming/spam

DeLarge
November 25, 2005, 8:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Echo_TrailI'm sorry to be the one to tell you this!.. Facts are, nobody WANTs to join your server..

Do you have someone.. family or a friend maybe? ...that you can stay with?

You have a nice day now, sir..

You pushed the boundaries.

tomz26
November 26, 2005, 3:28 am
Yeah, I have the same problem, except I can't quite figure out whether they can download a custom map or don't want to take the time to do it.