( search forums )
Suicide bombers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Dumbass
November 21, 2005, 7:35 pm
It's simple really, there should be Suicide Bombs in Soldat that takes up your secondary weapon slot, and when you die, it explodes, killing whoever gets caught in the blast, helpful when you get CHAINSAW'D or PUNCH'D or KNIFE'D at close range.

Echo_Trail
November 22, 2005, 7:33 pm
...it should be visible! i like the idea, but i think it would burn out in a few months..

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 9:14 pm
yea, I dont know if it would have mass apeall, I mean, it is a free kill for you without doing anything is someone is close to your body. Just doesn't seem like anyone would like it, and people may start getting really pissed off about it.

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 12:05 am
All I see here is a way to almost always have at least a 1:1 K:D ratio...

People already complain about it being too easy to kill with different weapons, so the last thing we need is a weapon that you can kill a lot of people with literally no effort--just die near someone and BAM you have a kill or more.

CottonTheMoth
November 23, 2005, 12:40 am
I can just imagine having a bomber clan who each stay with a player on the opposing team for the rest of the game...XD. Enemy tries to shoot you, and they kill a friend! XD

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 12:59 am
this game is about soldiers not extremists, soldiers stay and fight, not blow themselves up to get 15 virgins in heaven. it wouldnt get support, wouldnt get appeal, and it could probaly be easily made in a WM

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 2:01 am
Nah. I'm all for a kamikaze weapon, but only in mods.

quote:Originally posted by Taaland it could probaly be easily made in a WM

No, it couldn't. You can't edit the blast radius of weapons, and you certainly can't make them go off when you die.

Echo_Trail
November 23, 2005, 6:35 am
^^I agree.. it would be nice to try out, but that's all this one holds..
God, we'd have to make a G.Bush secondary weap as well - may i suggest a miniature aurorabomber, or perhaps a small size apache?

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 6:37 am
Bad idea. Period.

Captain Ben
November 23, 2005, 7:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Muffin
No, it couldn't. You can't edit the blast radius of weapons, and you certainly can't make them go off when you die.

That's where you're wrong. A month or so back, Field Marshal modded the weapons text and even made a weapon skin for a kamikaze kit. It replaced the chainsaw and worked surprisingly well. You got 2-3 explosions off before you died in the blast.

Echo_Trail
November 23, 2005, 7:50 pm

"When the first matrix was made, there was a man in it, who had the ability to change whatever he wanted. It was he who freed first of us. When he died, the oracleproficised his return."

...Field Marshal, welcome back you sick man..

Alamo
November 23, 2005, 7:59 pm
How about firing the M79 at close range? It works :)

Echo_Trail
November 23, 2005, 8:10 pm
ppl are allready using it in close combat!.. and some are good:D

Sort of like a last minute panic xP

Chonoryoku
November 23, 2005, 9:39 pm
quote:[Chainsaw]
Damage=4000000
FireInterval=0
Ammo=6
ReloadTime=2
Speed=200
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=5
Bink=-5000000
MovementAcc=-999999Taken from reckon's Kamikaze thread.

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 5:03 am
I do suicide bombs with m79, when I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly bored. I'll just hide in a spot campers normally go, and when one walks past me or camps near me I shoot it down at the ground.

But this would be something everyone would have, it would ruin RS Servers as we know it

Stern
November 28, 2005, 5:19 am
What this could be is a primary or secondary weapon which you use by clicking the left mouse button as usual, and it just blows the hell out of you and anything around it. It would be just like the kamikaze kit mentioned above. An automatic explosion when you are about to die is not a good idea.

Captain Ben
November 28, 2005, 8:51 am
I reckon it'd work best as a power up. THere shouldn'r be any way to activate it yourself, just when you get killed, it would explode.

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 4:08 pm
Or maybe if you choose this "bomb", it's the only weapon you can have.

Another idea is that you can have a mod, kind of similar to ZombieCTF(.tk), where the only object is to kill these islamic extremists, without getting blown up yourself.... OR... not

numgun
November 28, 2005, 5:23 pm
great... now ppl are thinking of making chainsaws useless!
do you know how fun it is to fist a guy? or just even steal his gun from him?

reckon
November 28, 2005, 8:05 pm
Did someone say reckon?

Captain Ben
November 29, 2005, 12:54 am
quote:Originally posted by numgun
do you know how fun it is to fist a guy?

And yes, I reckon I said reckon somewhere in that sentence I reckon.
It doesn't necesarily have to be a chainsaw. You could do it to the minigun if you really wanted to. The only difference is is that you'd have to take away the bullet speed.

Tybs
November 29, 2005, 10:22 am
As a pickup, i dont see much problems with this being added to the game... the pickup should spawn at the same rate (or lower) as the flamethrower, and when u get it, u will explode the next time u die. U probably wont get it more often than 10% of ur amount of deaths, and there is a good chance people kill u from a distance anyway.

nfsjunkie91
December 4, 2005, 5:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgun
do you know how fun it is to fist a guy?

im sorry to say i havent had that experience yet...

a suicide bomb would be great on a WM server, but only if Michal allows downloading of the weaponnames.txt, so ppl know what the hell htey are doing.