( search forums )
Neo-Soldat 2
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
papasurf31
November 21, 2005, 10:41 pm
I haven't had released a mod in a while, mostly being distracted by school and mapping. However, I thought this could be a quick little thing to do. It took me about 3 days to complete.

This is Neo-Soldat, which is a remake of the original soldat weapons. It is very similar in concept to Soldat-Evo, but I tried to capture the color and feeling of the original soldat graphics as much as mossible. I took a few artistic liberties, but those who liked the old soldat guns should feel right at home with these new ones.

Here's the weapons, blown up x2 for your convenience.

[IMAGE]

Download here: Alternate Set

Other Features:
[IMAGE]

Updates will be released periodically: alternate weapons, interfaces, and other stuff if I get to it.

Deleted User
November 21, 2005, 10:54 pm
Nice to see that you made a weapons mod as well. GJ.

EDIT: I hate the bipod on the M249, but that's easy to remove.

The Geologist
November 22, 2005, 12:32 am
:o There's a rock formation in my pants.

Downloading

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 12:46 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist:o There's a rock formation in my pants.

Downloading

Same.

Dude, those weapons rock. The AK-74 looks...sexy.

Shivorken
November 22, 2005, 1:24 am
speechless... just ... wow ...

reckon
November 22, 2005, 1:50 am
papasurf, you have the best mods, unargueably the best.
Theyre the best cause theyre the only ones I use.
Im using CS:Source now, but looks like ima hafta change em out now.

_Mancer_
November 22, 2005, 2:56 am
The spas is awesome. My only argument is the ingame deagles. They are really bright.

peemonkey
November 22, 2005, 3:18 am
looks sexy except the "microgun" thang. that's changable. if i were playing soldat, i'd download this.

N1nj@
November 22, 2005, 3:39 am
about time this is released -_-

what's up with the knife and the minigun -_-

papasurf31
November 22, 2005, 4:03 pm
The knife might be a bit small, but I don't see what's wrong with the minigun Ninj@.

Peemonkey - Do you mean the name "Microgun" name (cause that is the right designation) or the actual weapon design?

Thx to everyone who posted with feedback, I'm glad this is well received. I also forgot to add that alternate weapons will be made on a request service. Just post in the topic/PM me/talk to me on IRC/AIM about which weapon you would like to see, which weapon it should replace, any statistical changes, and special mods that you would like me to put on the gun (scope, flashlight, accessories, camo coloring etc.)

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 4:08 pm
Should replace the default guns. PM Michal Marcinkowski my friend.

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 4:37 pm
The knife looks incredibly retarded though.

MisterX
November 22, 2005, 4:51 pm
Wow, that looks great. So far the best default-weapons-remake. Very, very nice style, just great. Only the knife is too small and doesn't look that good, and I'd like having an un-silenced Socom as well. But yea, apart from that: wow!

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 4:54 pm
Freakin nice mod pal!
I'm lovin this.
Im gonna d\l it right now!
Very VERY nice.
What program do u use to mode ??? :o

GAMEOVER
November 22, 2005, 5:58 pm
Man those deagles, socom, and knife look hawt as [CENSORED].

Echo_Trail
November 22, 2005, 6:12 pm
Papasurf: "Operator!"
echo_trail: "Tank, load me guns. Lots of guns!"

smithbot.exe: "mr. anderson... Weeeeee've missed you!"
echo_trail: "It ends tonight!"

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
November 22, 2005, 6:29 pm
holy crap this is just awesome!this should be default soldat :o

reckon
November 22, 2005, 6:52 pm
PS, could you do an alternate for the aug?
Perhaps a famas?

Echo_Trail
November 22, 2005, 7:29 pm
uuhm.. as mentioned many times before, i'm not really into computers..
Where should i add this?
i'm used to downloading a package of files, and just replacing them instead of the origs. in the soldat folder...

papasurf31
November 22, 2005, 7:32 pm
Read the readme file. It should explain everything. If not, you can also just replace your original files, that will work too, but won't let you change your mod on the fly.

Well, It seems some the least popular weapon right now is the knife, so that might undergo some changes.
I can make a socom without the SOPMOD, expect to see it soon.
I can also make a FAMAS rather quickly, so they should be released at about the same time.

N1nj@
November 22, 2005, 9:19 pm
are you gonna mod the fist, bow, flamer and the stat gun?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
November 22, 2005, 9:28 pm
Just wondering, did you get that aug from my replacement killers mod?
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 9:45 pm
It looks like it but if you look closer its not the same. Btw, nice mod papasurf31

N1nj@
November 22, 2005, 10:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixJust wondering, did you get that aug from my replacement killers mod?
[IMAGE]C'mon now, this is papasurf31 you are talking about. Why the hell would he steal it from yours, no offense, but I don't think you even need to question him about it.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
November 23, 2005, 2:51 am
No offense taken, and no offence meant. I just thought it looked the same. I wasnt trying to accuse him of anything. It is a good mod btw.

caliber
November 23, 2005, 3:56 am
Good stuff man ,good stuff, its ownage.

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 9:57 am
Lol , I think he didn't steal it...when u look closer u will see the differend.

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 3:05 pm
Yay, the soccom is getting modded!
I liked the other guns, but the soccom was a bit big.

Nice

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 3:28 pm
ye, new version, very nice FAMAS.

Ray.Dyo
November 23, 2005, 6:52 pm
Hmm, for me its same as EVO, but some weaps like Spas are better ingame :)

MisterX
November 23, 2005, 7:24 pm
Nice update. Though I still like an unsilenced Socom with laserpointer better x) But I can do that myself, so no problem ;)

Echo_Trail
November 23, 2005, 9:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Echo_Trailuuhm.. as mentioned many times before, i'm not really into computers..
Where should i add this?
i'm used to downloading a package of files, and just replacing them instead of the origs. in the soldat folder...

soo.. anyone? answer?

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 9:46 pm
Try WinRAR. Yeah the socom seemed a little big, but overall this mod is amazing.

N1nj@
November 23, 2005, 9:48 pm
Echo_Trail: Papasurf already answered you, try reading.

quote:Read the readme file. It should explain everything. If not, you can also just replace your original files, that will work too, but won't let you change your mod on the fly.

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 2:37 am
HEY! How did I miss this mod? I must download this NOW!

GAMEOVER
November 24, 2005, 3:30 am
Hey can anyone post a pic of the original weapons next to these 1s both blown x2 just to really see how good of a job he did.

I find myself replacing 1 gun at a time with this mod im about to just go all out and take em all. I dont care what they're saying about your knife I like it alot its looks like more of a throwing knife then some rambo bland same ol crap knife that everyone makes, everyones knife almost looks the same yours rocks.

edit* Here they are, you can see a HUGE difference in quality.

Default-
[IMAGE]

Neo-
[IMAGE]

EVO- (for the hell of it)
[IMAGE]

m00`
November 24, 2005, 11:09 am
papasurf i think neo-soldat weapons should become the default soldat weapons, or MM needs to update those damn weapons because they are starting to look like shyt compared to yours :x

Ray.Dyo
November 24, 2005, 12:31 pm
Nop, I think its too dark, and i prefer originals Eagles, Ruger, Steyr, and M79.

Echo_Trail
November 24, 2005, 1:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@Echo_Trail: Papasurf already answered you, try reading.

quote:Read the readme file. It should explain everything. If not, you can also just replace your original files, that will work too, but won't let you change your mod on the fly.

missed it for some reason... o.o
anyway.. thx guys!

Maxx
November 24, 2005, 1:55 pm
These should, indeed, become default.

Great job surf.

Alamo
November 24, 2005, 3:27 pm
That looks awesome! I love your style!

... the knife looks like a toothpick, maybe make it longer?

papasurf31
November 24, 2005, 4:05 pm
Alamo, check the first post again. I think you might have missed the new knife.

Nos-D
November 24, 2005, 5:36 pm
Looks cool, when the new version's out? :o

rabidhamster
November 24, 2005, 10:59 pm
^i prefer the old one.

seriously papasurf, pm michal, i think he might actually accept it.

Ralnir
November 25, 2005, 8:26 am
Colt SOCOM WTF!

Ray.Dyo
November 25, 2005, 12:10 pm
GAMEOVER Yeah ! Its realy cool, share it :x

Yukwunhang
November 25, 2005, 12:29 pm
Time for a new mod, good job :D

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 3:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERquote:Originally posted by N1nj@no one gives a crap how well it goes with ur other interface or what not. stop posting useless pictures in the thread

I dont care that no one cares about something that I didnt even say. I was just explaining to rabid why I wanted it darker in the 1st place and you got a big mouth for such a little boy do you have any communication skills or do you know how to conversate? After all this is a forum no? I could go off the handle right now and look like an idiot but I dont feel like joining you in that spot.

Umm, Spyder has a really good point no one really uses your custom mod, so why spam this thread with usless screenshots of it? This is strictly about PS31's killer mod, not how well it goes with your customization. Since I'm posting anyways, I'd like to point out the the magazine on the AK should be a cheaper looking plastic, if you want realism (AK-74 actually has zero genuine wood whatsoever). But since it looks real sexy as is, it doesn't bother me.

EDIT: o: PS31 is making a gostek for this dadadam boom.

GAMEOVER
November 25, 2005, 6:49 pm
quote:Umm, Spyder has a really good point no one really uses your custom mod, so why spam this thread with usless screenshots of it? This is strictly about PS31's killer mod, not how well it goes with your customization. Since I'm posting anyways, I'd like to point out the the magazine on the AK should be a cheaper looking plastic, if you want realism (AK-74 actually has zero genuine wood whatsoever). But since it looks real sexy as is, it doesn't bother me.

OFFTOPIC:
Actually a lot of people do ive been asked for it atleast once a week for awhile now and as you can see someone already replyed wanting it, but you guys are the ones draging this topic off topic get back to papas kick ass mod which is the best ever weapon replacement out imo.

quote:EDIT: o: PS31 is making a gostek for this dadadam boom.

ONTOPIC:
Are his gonna even be just enhanced stock gosteks or a new gostek style altogether? IF they are going to be enhanced stock gosteks then are those gosteks gonna be better then Serial Killers enhanced gostek pack? He did make an enhanced version of the stock soldat gosteks.

Deleted User
November 27, 2005, 5:36 pm
1.1 gosteks don't match the screens. =(

Deleted User
November 27, 2005, 6:40 pm
Whoa ! Awesome gostek and awesome parashute ! ...man u are teh pro.

Hoodlum
November 27, 2005, 7:09 pm
I actually think I am going to use this as my main mod.

I love the weps.

GAMEOVER
November 27, 2005, 9:01 pm
Nice additions to an already killer mod!

SPARTAN_III
November 28, 2005, 5:48 am
you are at the same level as Ivan the psycho. This must be the next default, michals guns look awful compared to this (sorry MM, hard fact of life.)

reckon
November 28, 2005, 6:52 am
Papa can you send me FAMAS file over a pm?

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 1:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIyou are at the same level as Ivan the psycho. This must be the next default, michals guns look awful compared to this (sorry MM, hard fact of life.)

but it should have evo gosteks.
(no-offence)

Kaider
December 8, 2005, 1:04 am
Holy [CENSORED] dude! You got all primaries, LAW, Fist, And Stat gun from Michal's EVO Mod! You copied all the guns and did the following:
-added a magazine to the stat gun
-made the deagles a little brighter,
-and added a scope to the ruger!
Please do NOT copy from anyone else's work!

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 1:22 am
quote:Originally posted by KaiderHoly [CENSORED] dude! You got all primaries, LAW, Fist, And Stat gun from Michal's EVO Mod! You copied all the guns and did the following:

No he didn't they look similar because they both used the default guns' colors.

Psyl3ntShad0w
December 8, 2005, 2:01 am
quote:Originally posted by KaiderHoly [CENSORED] dude! You got all primaries, LAW, Fist, And Stat gun from Michal's EVO Mod! You copied all the guns and did the following:

lmao put on your glasses boy. put both pictures side by side...and you'll notice the different styles...at least i hope so...otherwise...maybe you need to check your vision.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 4:10 pm
Very nice new weps. Gj Papa , like always!

The Twilight
December 9, 2005, 6:46 pm
Hey, I only get a RAR. file, anyone know why?

Silent Soldier
December 9, 2005, 7:18 pm
.RAR file is almost like .ZIP, download WinRAR.

GAMEOVER
December 9, 2005, 9:42 pm
How about a the same chainsaw but a yellow color instead of red.

The Twilight
December 9, 2005, 9:58 pm
I really like the weapons man, but I hate the Pants, could you tell me the pants' filenames?

mmeaney
December 10, 2005, 1:04 am
The AKs-74U and M4 are sexually appealing.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 8:49 pm
Pants are udo.bmp and udo2.bmp

btw, very nice mod Papasurf, the gostek looks awesome in that pic, but for some reason it does'nt look like that ingame, I cant figure that one out :s Realy cool parachute btw

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 12:48 am
Alright, nice anti-antialiasing. Could you possibly make an OICW in the same style? I'm having trouble myself. Kkthnxbi.

Shivorken
December 12, 2005, 2:56 am
An XM-8 and an FN2000 would be awesome :D

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
December 12, 2005, 12:52 pm
Wow, the M4 is soo sexy!Could you make a pair of USP's instead of desert eagles for me? :o
Thanks

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 12:12 pm
hi if possible, can u add sounds>?

reckon
December 20, 2005, 1:26 am
Wheres that FAMAS file booooooooooooy?!

GAMEOVER
December 20, 2005, 3:42 am
Yeah I still want my yellow saw xD

BobJustBob
December 23, 2005, 11:01 am
Holy crap, I tried this and love it.

So long defaults. 8)

GAMEOVER
January 16, 2006, 6:11 am
Can you update this with new pix and anything else you may have worked on? thx

John O
January 19, 2006, 7:53 pm
what the hell is a GM-94? looks cool tho.

i prefer your alt to the standard, but htey both look sweet. ill guess im gunna go see those gotesks now...

with you and michal on the ball, i think ill be happy for life.

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 8:39 pm
Mmmm...I love the update. Dem weapons lookin' tasty :o

Now I have four different normal mods to choose from T_T Michal's two and Papasurf's two...

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 9:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by John Owhat the hell is a GM-94? looks cool tho.

i prefer your alt to the standard, but htey both look sweet. ill guess im gunna go see those gotesks now...

with you and michal on the ball, i think ill be happy for life.

Semi-automatic Russian grenade launcher.

GAMEOVER
January 19, 2006, 9:14 pm
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

John O
January 19, 2006, 9:26 pm
thanks cow. so its not really a single shot gun in the "real" world

wow. thos player gotesks kick ass. its the first time ive actually seen my guy and though "whoa, hes detailed". very nice job.

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 9:32 pm
Very nice! As always.

N1nj@
January 19, 2006, 10:35 pm
love this =D very nice job on the alt weapons set

*waits for interface and the rest*

Deleted User
January 20, 2006, 7:40 am
>:OOOO

That new weaponset look's like Counter-Strike ... :] Good job! Yeah, this needs sounds...

Deleted User
January 20, 2006, 9:31 pm
You shoulda made an M-60 in place of the mod.

The mod looks too much like the M249. Obvious relations nonwithstanding. I want a idfferent machine gun style. XD

Pero
January 21, 2006, 9:34 am
Thanks for including the dual usp teh sex!

numgun
January 22, 2006, 1:48 am
this should become as the soldats default weapons!!