( search forums )
Simple Corpse Thought
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Keron Cyst
November 22, 2005, 8:33 pm
Make corpse gosteks non-overlapping

Many have complained over the times that when you kill someone, the corpse, if intact (that is, killed by bullets or something non-explosive), it seems to jumble down into a big crunch and piece of giant, bloody meat xD

To solve this, I was wondering if Marcinkowski could program the images that compose a gostek so that, when they play the role of a corpse, most do not overlap. Sure, it's fine for one arm to cover over the torso and make the other one invisible (that is, according to the map editor, 0 - behind everything; on the other side of the torso), or hanging out forward behind the head, but make it so the head cannot overlap anything and must always be attached to the top of the torso image and nowhere else.

Legs can play the same role as the arms as long as they are all attached at the same joints (just with different priorities as to which images display over which); e.g. one arm is always 3/4s at the top of the torso (head is at very top), and the other is at the same but the torso covers over it (for 3D effect), and same with legs, but those are at the bottom of the torso.

This would IMO make corpses much easier to tell and would make gameplay more realistic and show more of a violent bloodbath in a match.

rabidhamster
November 23, 2005, 3:52 am
aw, i love the crumpled heap!

alright then, i guess i'm for it...

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 4:02 am
I've actually been thinking about the possibility of making limbs collidable too. If you kill someone in mid-air they immediately curl up into a little ball. Cool, but I'd rather have bodies splayed over the ground.

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 4:13 pm
I think its fine the way it is. I dont really see much into how the dead body is placed. Its funny when the head gets blown off and a shot of blood splashes in the air and.. ok. Yeah, also its weird when in some maps the body is having a seizure or something on the cealing. Lmfao.

Veritas
November 23, 2005, 8:10 pm
quote:[i]its weird when in some maps the body is having a seizure or something on the cealing. Lmfao.

In inf_outpost it's pretty common for the corpse to defy gravity and slowly "float" upwards, I have no idea why, but it's cool like hell, although FUBAR'ed.

Anyway, about the corpse idea, it's a good idea, it wouldn't make any major change to the game but would heighten the sense of reality.

Echo_Trail
November 23, 2005, 8:27 pm
the head should be blown of...
the coolest part is when a soldat is running, getting hit by a barret shot in the chest, and simply just colapsing! this would look really cool if shot right in the head...
i'm for it

tomz26
November 25, 2005, 12:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Veritasquote:[i]its weird when in some maps the body is having a seizure or something on the cealing. Lmfao.

In inf_outpost it's pretty common for the corpse to defy gravity and slowly "float" upwards, I have no idea why, but it's cool like hell, although FUBAR'ed.

Anyway, about the corpse idea, it's a good idea, it wouldn't make any major change to the game but would heighten the sense of reality.

Yeah that is awesome when it does that! How does that happen though?

Keron Cyst
November 27, 2005, 5:32 am
I'm not sure :-/ It's not by explosion, of course, because every time the corpse hovers it's intact. It's usually from death by a rifle, if I recall those kinds of events...

Captain Ben
November 27, 2005, 1:27 pm
I'd like to see more defined slamming though, it would go awesomely with this idea. BAscially, when you kill someone, they kind... of pour them selves onto the ground. I WANNA SEE SOME SLAMMING LOUDER CRUNCH ACTION!

Stern
November 27, 2005, 4:36 pm
This is a good idea, but body parts should be detachable. Imagine if you're shot in the head with a barret and your head stays on your body. That's not very realistic. But the best part would be shooting someone's arm off while they're flying at you with a knife and they drop the knife and can't use a weapon. So you blow their head off with a nade or a m79.