( search forums )
"Are you expecting anything else besides a...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Taz
November 22, 2005, 9:07 pm
locked topic?" - b00stA

yeah maybe some feedback on the topic like many are able to do, but it seems the mods would rather close it than let it go on to a clean death.

DePhille
November 22, 2005, 9:16 pm
Like i said , we should ban this unknown b00sta guy asap!
I think he got in with evil haxXx.
;)

Anyway , he did what was right.
You already posted a topic about it , it got closed too , so normally it isn't a good idea to start another one about the saem topic.
Besides , there are alot of posts about lag in Soldat (If you use search or just scroll along some pages you'll notice more than 10 topics about it).
It has become somewhat a topic for the Bash Pit (this forum).
That sentence just sais that creating a new topic about the same subject when your previous one was locked wasn't going to help.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 9:28 pm
o so MM is supposed to stop lag isn't he?

DePhille
November 22, 2005, 9:44 pm
Lag is mainly caused by Internet.
MM can only stop lag by reducing the packets , which will make Soldat less stable.
Besides , i think you can change them yourself in the .ini , dunno forsure.

Grtz , DePhille

frogboy
November 22, 2005, 11:13 pm
...you reposted a useless topic that had been locked before and didn't expect a lock?

_Mancer_
November 23, 2005, 12:05 am
Feedback to your whining about lag?

The Geologist
November 23, 2005, 6:43 am
quote:the purpose of this forum is to discuss relavent issues in a formal and official matter, as lag is a widley known issue it is then not relavent and thus should no be posted. also talking back to the geoligist is a ban :P welcome to the forums, we break thumbs.

I thought this quote summed things up quite nicely. And you got it in your sercond topic. This is why your topics got locked, because there's really nothing to discuss atm. Get back to us when you find out how to remove all lag. And thank the mods for closing it before the real flaming began. But now in the bash pit, we are free to roast.

Captain Ben
November 23, 2005, 6:50 am
Am I the only one who knows nought about the recent happenings here? Guess I'd better get reading...

Taz
November 26, 2005, 2:21 am
quote:Originally posted by DePhilleLike i said , we should ban this unknown b00sta guy asap!
I think he got in with evil haxXx.
;)

Anyway , he did what was right.
You already posted a topic about it , it got closed too , so normally it isn't a good idea to start another one about the saem topic.
Besides , there are alot of posts about lag in Soldat (If you use search or just scroll along some pages you'll notice more than 10 topics about it).
It has become somewhat a topic for the Bash Pit (this forum).
That sentence just sais that creating a new topic about the same subject when your previous one was locked wasn't going to help.

Grtz , DePhille

this topic is for response to what he said since he did after all get the last word in which i wanted to make another topic to retort on how dumb the closing was since discussing lag was legitimate general discussion. i started another topic because i realized how stupid the first closing was so it was nesscary for my own wanting. i understand now that, even though it was general discussion about soldat, that soldatforums has different places for different types of general conversation, and also that the mods are testy.

quote:Originally posted by frogboy...you reposted a useless topic that had been locked before and didn't expect a lock?

i expected a lock obviously and reposted it because i wanted to. locking of the first topic was unneeded. the second topic was made knowing it would be locked. duh.

quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Feedback to your whining about lag?

yeah if you wanna call it whining. it was a problem and i was looking for anyone else that experiences it like me and if they had any solutions. but on this forum i guess they'd rather close it before anything constructive comes.

quote:I thought this quote summed things up quite nicely. And you got it in your sercond topic. This is why your topics got locked, because there's really nothing to discuss atm. Get back to us when you find out how to remove all lag. And thank the mods for closing it before the real flaming began. But now in the bash pit, we are free to roast.

so you can't even discuss lag at the general board? wow. personally i don't care about anyone flaming me on the soldatforums for asking about lag because it's an asinine thing to do.

there are other topics about lag in soldat, you should mention the other topics which would have been perfectly reasonable. but there's not any reason from what i learned.

papasurf31
November 26, 2005, 12:59 pm
Taz = Jaz with a bigger vocabulary. Same single digit IQ though.

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 3:44 pm
oui

Hoodlum
November 26, 2005, 3:49 pm
lag

b00stA
November 26, 2005, 5:59 pm
Taz, go ahead and create a topic in the Lounge to "discuss lag".

There's nothing to discuss. People will start whining, flaming or spamming.

?
November 26, 2005, 6:03 pm
One time I shot a guy but he didn't die... wtf?

The Geologist
November 26, 2005, 6:40 pm
omg, teh lagg!!!11!

Seriously though, old hat. There's nothing you could talk about that wouldn't have 1) already been discussed and 2) would help anything.

mar77a
November 26, 2005, 7:18 pm
lag, loag, log, lol