( search forums )
Barret haters..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 9:30 am
Ok, I'll admit I hate mindless noob barret campers. But when you in a game I was in the haters get annoying. I was getting bored and tired so I started using a barret, 23 kills and 2 deaths and people was voting me and because I "sucked" and I was a [CENSORED] camper. Well, I camped out in the open to where anyone with any skill whatso ever could come up from behind and kill me. Obviously these guys weren't smart enough..My own team started shooting me and the end score for me was 29 kills and 3 deaths.

Do people not believe in defence? I wasn't spawn sniping these guys, I was defending the flag and did better than anyone on my team. The funny thing was on the next map i switched the other team and said "Ok red you can deal with me since you seem to hate me more then this team" and everyone I raped was shooting me and throwing nades at me..

But the majority of games I use deagals and I'll get around 53 kills and in the low teen deaths and then because people see I'm so good with them they instantly call the weapon a newbie weapon and harrass me... Stupid noobs.

Rune
November 23, 2005, 10:53 am
Don't play in publics (that's the only place where that kind of flag-camping-with-barret tactic would work anyway). Go to #soldat.gather at Quakenet on IRC, or find a clan and play clanwars.

PS: Those <gunname here>-hating people are everywhere in soldat, your only option is to /mute or simply live it.

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 10:56 am
Baret and rapid fire m79 campers are cowards. Campers are cowards. Cowards are noobs. (Sad but true, all you [CENSORED]ing majors)

Veronica
November 23, 2005, 11:16 am
Camping with a knife is rather fun though, especially in b2b where I can hide behind a tree. Strangely no one ever notices that the tree has pink legs, they just walk into me and swoosh! cut throat, dragged into bushes and prepare for the next target!

DePhille
November 23, 2005, 12:14 pm
I'm anti-anti-weapon :)
If a weapon is too strong , why not pick it yourself then?

Camping isn't bad either. Do you see Americans running around in Iraq "OMG!!!11! camp0rzz!!1!1!" Don't think so.
Use the scenery and bushes to hide and easily throw your nades , they really go far enough , then you've got several campers , a leg , an arm , ...

Really , I don't see the problem , campers are the easiest people to kill once you know where they are. I can understand camping is bad in FPS , but in Soldat you always discover their position immediately (Especially when they kill you).

Camping is a defence strategy , very handy but unpopular.

Grtz , DePhille

Captain Ben
November 23, 2005, 1:11 pm
The solde reason I modded the barret to have a laser line, so I can tell where the [CENSORED]ers are hiding :D
That alone has stopped me from smashing my keyboard.

Tybs
November 23, 2005, 1:32 pm
I love things like hiding behind a tree with barret/knife now and then... especially in real mode when someone is chasing u, that one moment he cant see u anymore, u hide and wait him to pass... wonderful scenes ^^. I think its just making good use of the terrain. Of course it can get annoying when people continiously camp, but any good player can get rid of them soon enough instead of whining "u camper, u ****!!!" all the time. People saying that only makes me wanna kill them more... and all the standing still for the chatting makes this very easy to do :P

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 3:23 pm
I must agree....every1 is calling me rugertart when I own them. :D That's normal.

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 4:05 pm
Theres no such thing as m79 camping. They usually would end up blowing themselves up to anyhow cuz theyre noobs.
True, its really gets on my nerves when im running by then boom im dead by a brret shot and im like Wdff nooob. But someone else usually ends up killing them. They usually miss alot too haha. Sad.

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 6:14 pm
I don't really mind campers, on some maps, other it kinda get annoying and lame like on Kampf. The one thing that seems to be popping up a lot now, is one team will have a pair of Miniguners, spraying constantly while each holding 2 miniguns (one is secondary). That makes me more pissed of than any n00b camping does.

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 7:50 pm
omg u must rool @ saldot!
[IMAGE]

Echo_Trail
November 23, 2005, 8:04 pm
^^ That's Funneh! x)

Anyway, crypto i see your point.. i agree with DePhille though! The best way to counter something, is defenitely not to copy it.
It's kind of lame how they come to hate you for doing it though!

And camping is legal! There's no rools against it!
I hate campers, but i don't freak out about them! It's a part of the game, and i accept it!
Also i think "camping" in defence is just allright! it's a tactic, and usually it pays of! only it sometimes works too well, and as crypto suggests, it's a little hard for people to handle!
That is what makes them [insert swearing here] soldat-imbeciles!
echo out

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 8:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by DePhilleI'm anti-anti-weapon :)
If a weapon is too strong , why not pick it yourself then?

Camping isn't bad either. Do you see Americans running around in Iraq "OMG!!!11! camp0rzz!!1!1!" Don't think so.

Dont ever associate soldat with real life. This is soldat, 100% unrealistic, not the Americans in Iraq.

Anyways, camping once again is useless. As much as you like to defend, the better way to do it is to fly in there and kill them yourself. The farther they are from the flag, the less likely they are to get it. I dont know what people see in camping, you can just kill people as easily as you could while camping if you were to run out and kill people on your way. ESPECIALLY in organized matches where letting people by is not an option.

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 9:19 pm
Ok so, no one is around guarding the flag. Someone comes, takes the flag and scores. Now, if a sniper was guarding it, he wouldn't have. Happens all the time. It's Capture the flag, if you played it in real life.. Someone always goes to get the flag, and someone stays to defend.

Marbire
November 23, 2005, 9:33 pm
That's because the barret is very easy to use, and relatively overpowered. Will win any other weapon 1v1 if you use it correctly.

Chonoryoku
November 23, 2005, 9:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by VeronicaStrangely no one ever notices that the tree has pink legs...
Haha, that's what I do too--except I have Olive pants, which works much better with trees, and best on the lower one. Sometimes I sit there with a Saw holding down the reload button (for no idle sound) until some guy comes by,. When that happens I run backwards, crouch, and fire. Very satisfying. :>

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 9:49 pm
The barret is extremely easy to use, that's why it's considered newb. But, to mindlessly go out there and leave the flag to get captured is bad tatics. Barret is the best defence weapon. And if someone get's owned 1v1 with a barret, they are uber newb. A machine gun can own a barret anyday because every time someone get sshot with a barret they cant shoot correctly.

Capture the Flag isn't death match, if you guys haven't noticed..

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 11:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderTheres no such thing as m79 camping. They usually would end up blowing themselves up to anyhow cuz theyre noobs.
Play gods pub 1. Its full of them.

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 2:19 am
quote:But, to mindlessly go out there and leave the flag to get captured is bad tatics. Barret is the best defence weapon.

Bad tactics? I can think of 9 primary weapons better suited for defense of the flag.

- Barret can only take people out 1 at a time.
- Slow reload
- So much for defense ~ Good luck killing the guy if he gets away, you oh so perfect defender you.

Thats just the flaws of the Barret. Of course, it can kill people within a notice of their presence, but no ones perfect, and i dont think you are either.

Hell, you're better off using an AK 47/knife/law combo for defense. Knife him at the flag, law him on first sight, or if he gets away. The AK itself also kills people in 6-8 shots, taking a decent 1-2 seconds to do so, and reloads at the same amount. Its also one of the most accurate guns for long distance spraying.

quote:And if someone get's owned 1v1 with a barret, they are uber newb. A machine gun can own a barret anyday because every time someone get sshot with a barret they cant shoot correctly.

Oh please, if you had any skill with a barret, youd easily know ANY gun can be taken out before he even has time to click and fire at you. I dont care what kind of auto binks you, up close its impossible to miss as well.

Just a little add in, I had a little go about with an HK MP5 using barret. Out in the open, mid air 75% of the time, I made ten consecutive kills WHILE he was accurately spraying at me from mid-distance. I didnt even get one medikit inbetween either of those kills.

quote:Capture the Flag isn't death match, if you guys haven't noticed..

No, capture the flag isnt a death match, thanks for pointing that one out for all the morons on the forums. Of course, capture the flag isnt about killing, no sir. Its all about scoring.

Thats right, we walk past eachother, tip off our hats and walk by to grab eachothers flag, and have a pleasant conversation in the middle to convince the others to give back the flag.

Please.
===============

Your lack of intelligence and evidence to prove your points bewilders me.

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 2:25 am
He's right. Barret is good for defence, as long as there are other people there aswell. But if you can't use anything else, you suck.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 24, 2005, 2:33 am
lol. Anyways...I've seen this in u13 more than once...in fact eventually while I'm playing there...this will happen...

Eventually there will be 2-4 campers on one team. Keep in mind it's only a 12 person server...this leaves roughly 2 people on that team to attack...unfortunately I've been stuck being one of those people all too many times. Or I'll end up being one of those people that is attacking...I kill or get killed by the 1st sniper...if he misses the 2nd one gets me...or the 3rd...or the 4th...as far as I'm concerned...this is Capture the Flag, not Infiltration. If you want to camp by your flag...play infiltration and leave CTF for the rest of us. Yeah yeah...I shouldn't play in pubs...but I'm not authed to join Soldat.Gather lol...besides...pubs have the potential to be fun when the majority of either team doesn't camp. That's why I'm pushing for the barret and maybe even the m79 to be nerfed to hell so they're the most newbie unfriendly weapons in Soldat. Fear me.

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 2:37 am
Mm, I expected you to be a hardcore barret fan. Your name suggests it. ;o I need to be on the forums more...

Anyways yes, another valid point. A team full of defense against a team full of offense gives you a quaint cancelation of both sides, with no one getting anywhere and turning it into a fun game of infiltration.

Maka
November 24, 2005, 3:54 am
Ok, I don't really mind the barret users when their using the barret to counter like the Hk-mp5, but I hate the mother[CENSORED]ers who sit on top of a hill, smokin' their pipe and gunning down people as they come. Ok, its fair, but on the other hand, WHY THE [CENSORED] [CENSORED]EDY [CENSORED] DO YOU KEEP KILLING ME AFTER I JUST SPENT TWO MINUTE JUMPING UP AND DOWN TO GET TO A PLACE WERE YOU CAN SHOOT ME IN THE FACE!

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 4:03 am
Barret users are cowards, like I said before. Sure a skilled user can be chalenging, but complete offence with a powerful weapon makes the barret seem pointless. Sure, one click your dead, but lets see a Barret Coward VS a Hell's Fury attacker

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 7:31 am
Well, I rarely use the barret, it's normally when my team has no defence and the other team is winning. If there is someone else sniping, I go w00t and use mah deagels but it seems like people are more interested in kills than getting the flag and scoring...

Trust me, if your team has no barret and the other team is winning, camp with a barret at the flag spawn and see how the other teams success drops dramaticly.

And anyone with any sence knows that you can use a machine gun and it messes up the barrets aim. If your using the m79 get the socom and rain bullets where he's camping. People who yell at campers are the newbs because they are super easy to kill... for me at least.

Now spawn killing with barrets I don't believe in, that's superior newbness. Now, if your at their spawn and someone happens to appear it's ok to kill them. I'M SICK of these retards yelling "SPAWN KILLER!" When someone was there getting the flag. What do you want them to walk 10 paces away and then fight?

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 8:59 am
Although i do realise that camping is a cowardly strategy, i have even less respect for people who assume that all campers are noobs. It may be cowardly (witch is why I stopped ages ago) but it does take skill to know how to get lots of kills without being caught.

Mr. Domino
November 26, 2005, 8:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0wlol.
Eventually there will be 2-4 campers on one team. Keep in mind it's only a 12 person server...this leaves roughly 2 people on that team to attack...unfortunately I've been stuck being one of those people all too many times. Or I'll end up being one of those people that is attacking...I kill or get killed by the 1st sniper...if he misses the 2nd one gets me...or the 3rd...or the 4th...as far as I'm concerned...this is Capture the Flag, not Infiltration. If you want to camp by your flag...play infiltration and leave CTF for the rest of us. Yeah yeah...I shouldn't play in pubs...but I'm not authed to join Soldat.Gather lol...besides...pubs have the potential to be fun when the majority of either team doesn't camp. That's why I'm pushing for the barret and maybe even the m79 to be nerfed to hell so they're the most newbie unfriendly weapons in Soldat. Fear me.

How are they not newbie unfriendly as it is? You get one shot. An idiot misses that shot and he's dead as he likely sucks with the secondaries. Particularly the M79, which I admittedly love on CTF, as it's slow as hell and generally owned by just about every other weapon. Someone camping? Nade him. Grab an auto and bink him. Team camping in bulk? Get your team to rush em for an easy capture and score. Really, it's not that difficult.

I think campers are frustrating just because you know you're a better player than that loser ducking behind the bushes getting in his shot without a chance of retaliation. Still, from my experience the camping team will more often than not lose the game just because camping doesn't score team points and never will. Camping teams only benefit when playing against others who cannot adapt to the situation: rushing in groups, using autos to bink, nading to shake them up, etc.

Tybs
November 26, 2005, 11:46 am
I never have much trouble taking on campers... usually i get killed by one once, then i know his location, so i go out with my AK, shoot in the open already a bit so there is a good chance he gets binked, and my knife will finish it... then take my knife again (or his barret) and continue the battle.

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 4:16 pm
Why is the AWP (osk sniper in CS) a PRO gun? First off it's a 3d game, you can't blind shoot, hit players you weren't trying to hit, etc. You need the money to buy it. It's HARD TO USE. Can't be used well in short ranges. Other weapons in CS have an actual chance with it.

The Geologist
November 26, 2005, 6:48 pm
Would you guys like some cheese with your whine?

Seriously though...there's some smelly b.s. here. People will always hate the barret, and new players will most often flock to it for it's ease and power.

Oh, and this isn't CS.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 26, 2005, 8:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mr. Dominoquote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0wlol.

How are they not newbie unfriendly as it is? You get one shot. An idiot misses that shot and he's dead as he likely sucks with the secondaries. Particularly the M79, which I admittedly love on CTF, as it's slow as hell and generally owned by just about every other weapon. Someone camping? Nade him. Grab an auto and bink him. Team camping in bulk? Get your team to rush em for an easy capture and score. Really, it's not that difficult.

I think campers are frustrating just because you know you're a better player than that loser ducking behind the bushes getting in his shot without a chance of retaliation. Still, from my experience the camping team will more often than not lose the game just because camping doesn't score team points and never will. Camping teams only benefit when playing against others who cannot adapt to the situation: rushing in groups, using autos to bink, nading to shake them up, etc.

Perhaps it's just me but it seems 70% of the players in servers use barret. Which means, team rushing doesn't really happen. Also, it's a pub, which means...people listening to orders is even rarer. Also, a good camper moves, so even if you spray in a general directon of where he was last...he'll pick you off from a different place. The camper also has about 1/8th of a screen before you show up to kill you...so you can't even see him until you're dead. How do you nade a camper when he can see you before you know where he is?

Anyways perhaps we can make it so only registered players can use barret >=D

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 9:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by SDFilmAlthough i do realise that camping is a cowardly strategy, i have even less respect for people who assume that all campers are noobs. It may be cowardly (witch is why I stopped ages ago) but it does take skill to know how to get lots of kills without being caught.

Well apart from defending your base, I do think its noobish, but what I meant is that it does take some initiative to know where and when to relocate.

Chakra`
November 26, 2005, 9:21 pm
Diverting the topic completely, methink you guys play CTF too much.

Recently got bored of all that, and let me tell you, a good bit of deathmatch does you wonders. Certainly can't always rely on the same weapon either, as the maps and the amount of people vary. Weapons like ruger, m79 and barret just can't cut it when you're surrounded in that environment, or require some very clever maneuvering.

Mr. Domino
November 26, 2005, 9:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0w

Perhaps it's just me but it seems 70% of the players in servers use barret. Which means, team rushing doesn't really happen. Also, it's a pub, which means...people listening to orders is even rarer. Also, a good camper moves, so even if you spray in a general directon of where he was last...he'll pick you off from a different place. The camper also has about 1/8th of a screen before you show up to kill you...so you can't even see him until you're dead. How do you nade a camper when he can see you before you know where he is?

Anyways perhaps we can make it so only registered players can use barret >=D

That would be funny and really not a bad idea to limit some weapons via registration. :^) As it is, the "free" version is essentially the complete game, so it'd be a nice way to earn more money for more Soldat. Then again, I registered, but the hard drive was fried and lost my reg key with it.

Anyway, I hate the screen advantage barrets have. It really is unfair, but it suits the weapon. My problem with barrets is that it has the screen advantage of a sniper rifle, but the gun is still good for moving in and attacking. I'd love to see the barret being able to be shot (or at least a one-hit kill shot) only when the range is extended. This means that while the camper has an offense advantage, he loses sight of his position to defend with a secondary in time.

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 10:51 pm
I sometimes use the barrett, and I think the most "honerable" thing you can use it for is "Offensive camping".

This means getting through enemy fire and into a position where you can shoot into their base to keep them busy or to cover your teammates. A good example is "Laos", I got past the battle, and set up above the bravo base on one of those platforms, and managed to take down about three of them before they killed me while my team managed to get close to the base.

metal123
November 28, 2005, 8:18 pm
I use barrets often when im bored and die too much using my autos. Haha im no barret freak cause I start switching weapons after a few deaths, everyone knows how annoying a skilled barreter is.

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 9:16 pm
It's just like any weapon, if I had 32 and 3 on a ctf from all kills with Deagals or something, people would vote me out because I'm using a newbie weapon. Any weapon is newb if you are good with it, is what seems to be what people think...

Barret is acually the [CENSORED]est weapon, because you will almost never get more kills than deaths, I think autos are more deadly than barrets because most people who use them always get more kills than deaths. People are just retarded, let's leave it at that.

Algernon
November 28, 2005, 9:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by CryptoOk, I'll admit I hate mindless noob barret campers. But when you in a game I was in the haters get annoying. I was getting bored and tired so I started using a barret, 23 kills and 2 deaths and people was voting me and because I "sucked" and I was a [CENSORED] camper. Well, I camped out in the open to where anyone with any skill whatso ever could come up from behind and kill me. Obviously these guys weren't smart enough..My own team started shooting me and the end score for me was 29 kills and 3 deaths.

Do people not believe in defence? I wasn't spawn sniping these guys, I was defending the flag and did better than anyone on my team.

no didn't, unless your team got it's ass kicked. it's CTF, capture the flag not DTF, defend the flag. if you're sitting arund defending the flag you cannot CTF and score. as a result you will have one of the lowest points on your team. i have to agree with you. if anyone is behaving "n00bish" than it is those who attack campers with childish remarks. if you were base camping and your team was pissed at you because you were sitting on your ass while they were getting slaughtered then that is a different story. i'll shoot campers on my team that is, unless they are camping correctly, which mean camping with a OSK weapons and are well hidden. if you're base camping the flag in defence and you suck ass at it i'll tear into you. i'm not going to have 5 guys standing around the flag exploding in "defense" while the rest of us are struggling to CTF and score.

Mr. Domino
November 29, 2005, 6:48 am
quote:Originally posted by CryptoIt's just like any weapon, if I had 32 and 3 on a ctf from all kills with Deagals or something, people would vote me out because I'm using a newbie weapon. Any weapon is newb if you are good with it, is what seems to be what people think...

Barret is acually the [CENSORED]est weapon, because you will almost never get more kills than deaths, I think autos are more deadly than barrets because most people who use them always get more kills than deaths. People are just retarded, let's leave it at that.

I completely agree. I think auto waves are worse than barret waves, too, because at least the barreter can miss his one shot, allowing someone to get through, as opposed to auto waves, which are not only strong enough to take you out before you can even get in most weapon's range, but push you back from the fire and can take a huge chunk of life or kill with off-screen stray bullets, too.

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 3:17 am
Obviously Algernon you never played capture the flag in real life. Like I said, if there is someone defending the flag I charge out there with my deagals. In ctf you only need 1 barret, not 30 noobs hanging around with a barret.

People who shoot campers are more noobish than the campers themselves, let people play their game, if your team sucks then leave. I expect my team to know what they are doing, that's why I love playing in passworded games with my friends.

And yes, I did better than anyone on my team, 29 kills and 3 deaths, my team had an adverage of about 12 kills and 19 deaths. Yeah they sucked.

My Ideal Team: 1 Defence, the rest offence.

And with your logic with, "This is ctf not dtf" then no one would ever even kill in CTF. Yes, defend the flag, it don't take a genious to figure it out.

Algernon
November 30, 2005, 6:14 am
i'm not sure what "real life" constitutes but i do play a lot of paintball. speed ball to be exact, mostly total elim. but i do hang the flag every once in a while.

your logic is heavily flawed. the objective in CTF is to do just that, capture the flag. you and/or your team wins by capturing the flag. i can't make it any clearer than that. you should concentrate your efforts on aiding your team in capturing the flag, as that is where you will be most useful. only under certain contexts can doing things like base camping in "defense" actually help the team more than charging the base going after the flag. i really shouldn't have to explain this to anyone, as it is "soldat 101", but i will do it anyway. if not to support my argument than to express my personal vendetta against base camping.

it's simple, by getting off your ass and going after the flag your strong offence acts as a strong defense. as you cut down the opposing team you are effectively limiting or outright stopping their ability to capture your flag. by cutting them down and pushing them back to their base you also gain more ground for your team (power ups and such) and limit their mobility. when they are bunched up you can SAW the hell out of them or multi-kill with nades (multi meaning > one kill) and ect. if the opposing team does manage to take your flag your strong offence will surely return it given proper communication. i don't know how many times my team has struggled to return our flag while there are campers in our base sitting on their asses staring at the horizon. get off your rear and help us, damit. defending the FFC (friendly flag carrier) is also a terrible tactic. as i said above i'll see campers defending our FFC while the rest of us are struggling to return the flag so the FFC can score. i don't get it. surely you base campers realize that defending the FFC does noting unless we are able to return the flag (so he can score).

i can think of only 2 contexts in which base camping or defense is preferable over offence, and even then it is debatable.

1: you outnumber the opposing team so you will have a superior offence anyway. you can afford to have someone base camp.

2: an elite player or 3 keep slipping past our offence and to your flag. base camping the flag while well hidden can be effective in stopping them. this is only preferable to playing offensively when we have a large/strong enough offence so that only a handful of elite players keep getting to our flag (in other words our offence is strong enough to stand up on it's own two feet but a few players are problematic). if you, one player, can't take them on in their terms then but them in a position in which you have the advantage (base camping with a OSK weapon while well hidden).

that's pretty much it. in any other context you'd be a lot more useful to your team if you went after the flag. again, CTF is a game of offence. the game is determined by the strength of the offence, not how well you defend the flag. i've been playing a lot of CTF for a little over a year now and i have seen teams lose as a direct result of base camping in "defense" many, many times. i love it when the enemy base camps. they're handing over the game to us. an enemy who base camps may slow my team down but it insures that we will eventually CTF and score. i don't care if it takes all day, the fact that they have little to no offence means that our superior offence will prevail. it's CTF and the superior offence wins the game.

i don't like if my team is base camping and it's clearly hurting us. i'll get pissed. sure, i'll crack out the MP5 and spray them out of their little hiding spots or blast them out and into the map with an m79. i'd rather teach them a lesson by switching to the opposing team and thoroughly OWNING them. i'll show them that standing next to the flag exploding from m79 rounds isn't all that fun. i'll take great pleasure in absolutely crushing them. i'll push their weak offence right bask to their base and mutli X2 them all damn day whilst winning 10/0 is scores, a total blowout

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 6:32 am
Blah, I've played paintball for years, we always have at least 2 defence and 8 offence. Paintball is all 1 shot 1 kill, so go into a room with 2 guys hiding in the corner with 8 people, see how well it goes over.

In my old clan ( WtF ) we played CTF, and almost always won because we knew what we was doing. We all had dread locks and each of us had our own color. This way if a guy who's going for the flag says "Cover me: Blue" then we would know who to defend so he could get the flag. But it's retarded to charge out with your whole team for the flag leaving your flag open for any stupid newbie to grab and walk away with it, that's bad tactics, it's not bad tactics to DEFEND your flag so that stupid newbie won't grab it while the rest of your team is getting the flag.

Now, defending the flag holder is another thing. I agree there should be 1 defender that don't have a barret.. Try a ruger or deagals for that one, otherwise the guy who has the flag will get owned when 2 or 3 people come to slaughter him.

Also games are different, it depends on how good the other team is. If you KNOW that your flag carrior is going to get slaughtered, would you just leave him and let it happen? Good job, your team lost.

Algernon
November 30, 2005, 7:54 am
the "stupid newbie" won't have a chance to grab the flag if you cut him down at his own base or mid-map for that matter. "the best defense is a strong offence." i believe is the old saying. why base camp and wait for the enmy to come percariously close to your flag when you can take care of them far way from the flag. with a strong offence it would be tough for anyone to get through to your flag. i'll agree that on some maps it's worth while to have a guy base camp the flag with a barret but on others such as kampf or B2b it is a wast of a perfectly good soldat.

i have no hate for enemy campers. if lots of them are base camping then my teams vistory is set in stone. if they camp kill me then that is to be expected. they should at least kill me, afterall they're not helping their team out much considering they're not going after the flag. they chould at least get a few easy kills in to help out. besides sniping with the barret (AKA barret camping) can be fun and i support it to a degree. i'll do if i'm in the mood (although i do notice that those are the games when my team loses most often).

just to reiterate, the only problem i have with camping is when my team is base camping like morons in defense and it is clearly hurting us, and hurting us badly. granted, there is a time for defence but it always plays a secondary role to offence.

BTW, you play paintball in rooms? scenario games? paintball is a completely different. you don't respawn in paintball so you cannot afford to have a failed offence, where as in soldat you can keep respawning and pounding them over and over untill your objective is met, whether it is to CTF or RTF.

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 8:11 am
I play paintball in the woods with friends, we built forts for capture the flag games, about 15-20 people play every week. But without forts defending would be hard, but it would still be a must have in almost all our games. We sometimes try without defence and always get slaughtered from behind.

And we all know there is a slippery newbie or 2 that slips by, and on maps with 3 different ways your whole team can't cover all 3 of those areas, like ctf_run. But basically your saying you never have a problem with people stealing your flag because the games you play on people always have a strong offence? Face it, on public server it's full of retards who charge randomly then get murdered by spray and campers.

If your whole team is going to charge in to take the flag, I'll camp in the middle under a bush, 1 shot i have 1 guy, I can probably get another one with a knife then unload my nades. If all goes well I'll either have 3 kills or 2 kills and 1 person injured. Done, I stopped them for getting the flag and gave my team a chance to go in without getting hurt. Now if people besides me can stop chargers, I'm happy. I'm not going to act dumb and spray them saying "moove camper, move" Same with defending the flag, it's easy and takes no brains to kill 1 with a barret, another with a knife then possibly another with a grenade.

Now, I don't like to see Major laying there listening to the radio, shoot then miss then do 1,000 backflips, reload shot again and do 1,000 more backflips. That's retarded. Anyone who has played this game more than a year knows how to be a good defender.

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 8:31 am
quote:And we all know there is a slippery newbie or 2 that slips by, and on maps with 3 different ways your whole team can't cover all 3 of those areas, like ctf_run. But basically your saying you never have a problem with people stealing your flag because the games you play on people always have a strong offence? Face it, on public server it's full of retards who charge randomly then get murdered by spray and campers.

*sigh* You dont give up do you?

People go through ALL routes in public server, there will always be 2-3 people going everywhere, even in complicated maps like ctf run or voland. The Strongest Offense will destroy anyone coming that way. Defending it, just puts you no where, and if you are to die, there goes the flag, good luck waiting to respawn to run and get it back. ---
....But wait? The other teammates can get it! Oh god no they cant! They seem to die alot, because we have some lazy campers who are sitting back Defending their route, instead of pushing and playing the game.

When everyones on offense, they arent getting slaughtered, they're charging in and taking out targets, pushing forward to the enemy base. Its like a game of tug o war. The side who pushes the other the farthest gets the flag. Then it gets complicated, with people running past others, and it all turns into a massive complication of stand offs for returning. A simple concept of Killing anything that moves, and rushing to the flag, provides all of your defense. Perhaps your teammates wouldnt die so much if you would be out there supporting them, giving the extra power to help them out of a 2v1 situation. And if you didnt know, 2 players can wipe out any single player, given they're good enough, quite a few times before they fall dead. Singling out your players doesnt help much with that, even if you, the camper, takes out 1, you have 1 that will probably kill you.

Oh by the way, Good job Mr. Camper on Ctf_Crashed today, polybugging the hell out of it, climbing ontop of the map, camping and shooting through the walls ontop to kill anyone coming by. Very respectful tactic, thank god you were votekicked. The only image youve given me so far is just a pathetic Barretard from what Ive seen.

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 8:47 am
Listen, I'm better with deagals, and yeah I have fun once and awhile and poly glitch, who doesn't? No one? Oh well I do. I hardly camp, but it's hilarious to kill with barret. As for giving up, I'm just telling you my view, if you don't understand that or think your opinion is superior, congrats, you fail at life.

All I'm telling you guys is what my clan did and what I see works. Maybe you see offence works? And I already have said my ideal defence tactics that I use, so yeah.. We obviously have different sides in this case, one of my points in all of this is I'm not a jack off who think I have to lead my team to victory, it's a game I'm not going to take it so seriously and I'm not going to argue about it.

I think we all made our points and I don't think none will change in the next 30 posts, how about we leave it at that?

Tybs
November 30, 2005, 8:50 am
There is one advantage of defense instead of offense... while playing offensive, u have to kill the same people over and over again, because when u kill them, they respawn and meet u almost the same moment again. So in fact, u fight the same person twice, meaning the enemy has doubled strength (not counting player skill now). But if u defend urself, u kill the enemy once, and then he respawns and has to run across the whole map again, just to get killed a second time... of course this is only the case with big maps like CTF_run, with CTF_kampf its another story.

Im definitely not saying camping is good and we all should do it, but in some situations this has a good advantage. I myself prefer to move out and attack, but i dont mind if a few guys stay behind to use this tactic. I think otherwise if half of the team starts camping though... thats just lame and not-effective in the end.

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 9:06 am
Yeah, who doesnt poly glitch. All the pros are doing it these days, everyone should!

[/sarcasm]

You're a good deagler. Thats great, but it doesnt justify you screwing up other peoples games when you dont want to deagle. Its rather sad you want to mess up a legitimate game for other people. Go do it in your own server or against bots, not in a game people are trying to play without some retard shooting through walls, whom is untouchable except only from a barretard flying up to the ceiling to shoot back. You're not much higher then a hacker by doing that, and saying everyone does so is an extremely incorrect statement.

Anyways, your views are very controversial, and 90% of the time very unsuccessful. Im very curious to know as to what clans you played. I havent been here long, Perhaps youve been here for alot longer then me, and camping as I hear was the thing to do back then. Its not now, and its rather stupid to camp, and what you're doing is attempting to show the genius of a flawed strategy. Im proving you wrong. ;)

quote:There is one advantage of defense instead of offense... while playing offensive, u have to kill the same people over and over again, because when u kill them, they respawn and meet u almost the same moment again. So in fact, u fight the same person twice, meaning the enemy has doubled strength (not counting player skill now). But if u defend urself, u kill the enemy once, and then he respawns and has to run across the whole map again, just to get killed a second time... of course this is only the case with big maps like CTF_run, with CTF_kampf its another story.

- If you were good at killing, you could kill the same person twice, possibly the second time being while you had the flag while you were running ~ Not considering your possible other 2-5 teammates.

- Again, die while camping, you dont respawn instantly to fly back into the fight, they're gone, and your teammates are probably dead due to the lack of support ie your team camping. Its much safer having your team AWAY from the flag, and covering every route. If you die, you respawn as they get there to finish them off.

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 9:12 am
No, your giving me your opinion, I can't even believe your telling me that you think the flag should get no defence, how stupid can you be?

Here's what happens when both teams are pure offence: You get the flag, take it back and your flag is gone. So you all get the bright idea of leaving the guy with the flag behind only to get slaughtered.
Here's what happens when one team is defending and the other is offence: They all rush in and get pwnt.

Any newb knows this, the flag should be defended wether it's with barret, daegals or a big mini, STOP THEM FROM TAKING YOUR FLAG, That's the point in the game, GET THE FLAG, and score, you have to score by the flag being in your base. Defending the flag STOPS them from getting your flag.

And yeah, I'm sure since you own all the servers and write down scores and spectate them all at the same time you know that 90% of the times my view don't work, right? I'm toally on the mark arn't yeah. Thought so
[/sarcasm]

Barret is a defence weapon, the only games that require defence is CTF, INF and HTF (but you dont want to use a barret on htf)

The guy who created this game, created the barret for a special reason, that was to defend, not change with. All the weapons have a purpose, and stradigy only exists in team work, NOT mindlessly charging. Team work exists in everyone having a part in something.

Madsniper
November 30, 2005, 9:16 am
I think you both have points, it depends on the situation. Defence can sometimes be good, but sometimes be bad. I don't think cryptos trying to say everyone should run around with a barret, but the flag should be defended. It's only logical. But argueing about it is stupid, get a life?

Algernon
November 30, 2005, 10:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by CryptoNo, your giving me your opinion, I can't even believe your telling me that you think the flag should get no defence, how stupid can you be?

Here's what happens when both teams are pure offence: You get the flag, take it back and your flag is gone. So you all get the bright idea of leaving the guy with the flag behind only to get slaughtered.
Here's what happens when one team is defending and the other is offence: They all rush in and get pwnt.

Any newb knows this, the flag should be defended wether it's with barret, daegals or a big mini, STOP THEM FROM TAKING YOUR FLAG, That's the point in the game, GET THE FLAG, and score, you have to score by the flag being in your base. Defending the flag STOPS them from getting your flag.

And yeah, I'm sure since you own all the servers and write down scores and spectate them all at the same time you know that 90% of the times my view don't work, right? I'm toally on the mark arn't yeah. Thought so
[/sarcasm]

Barret is a defence weapon, the only games that require defence is CTF, INF and HTF (but you dont want to use a barret on htf)

The guy who created this game, created the barret for a special reason, that was to defend, not change with. All the weapons have a purpose, and stradigy only exists in team work, NOT mindlessly charging. Team work exists in everyone having a part in something.

yes you're talking to someone who has been playing public CTF for well over a year and i play at least 3 times a week, every week. did i mention i host my own server? i rarely see your scenario. yes we will capture their flag and return to our base to find ours missing. HOWEVER, our strong offence will return our flag. whomever's offence is stronger will return their flag first and as a result, score first. clearly, offence is the superior tactic.

you're right, the newbs do "know" that defending the flag is a good tactic. however that is an incorrect assumption on their part. i play lots of public CTF and i have seen games be solely determined by offence. i've seen lots of games lost because a team can't capture the flag and return it to base. the opposing offence cuts them down and returns their flag before they can even come close to scoring. CTF has what is called "objective based game play" and that objective is to capture the enemy flag and return it to your base to score. a small portion of that objective is also to make sure that your flag remains at your base. clearly the bigger picture here is to capture the enemy flag, however defense does play a role, a secondary role. i say that a strong offence meets the requirement of a defense. by cutting down the enemy before they reach your flag your are in essence defending it. if someone does manage to take your flag behind your back then your offence will sure recapture it. i do believe in defense but i also KNOW, for a fact, from experience, that a strong offence covers both defense and offence.

stop by Algernon's CTF if you ever what to put our theories to the test.

quote:Originally posted by MadsniperI think you both have points, it depends on the situation. Defence can sometimes be good, but sometimes be bad. I don't think cryptos trying to say everyone should run around with a barret, but the flag should be defended. It's only logical. But argueing about it is stupid, get a life?

why don't you go outside and play. let the big boys talk. if you're going to go around posting the obvious in a vague and ignorant manner followed by some insult then why don't you get the hell out of this thread. you're a insect in this discussion. post something with some substance or get the [CENSORED] out

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 3:41 am
I'm not going to argue, we both made our points, go us, we are just repeating our selves. You may be right, since I play RS CTF more than regular ctf.
But I agree with MadSniper, argueing about it is stupid.

Algernon
December 1, 2005, 3:52 am
i thought of it as a friendly debate... you might be right about the RS mode. i don't play a lot of RS but camping always works if i'm looking for kills over scores.

blackberet37
December 2, 2005, 5:05 am
Uh,guys,isnt his a post about barrets?all i saw was people talking about ctf and camping and tactics and glitches blah blah blah.......

Tybs
December 2, 2005, 9:12 am
It happens quite often that subjects switch during the conversation :P

Social Poison
December 2, 2005, 6:59 pm
Barret users LOVE the cock.