( search forums )
Intelligence of some players...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 2:32 am
Just a little funny occurance, I walked into Optik's server trying to find a decent game, and there was a hacker there. There were only about 4 other people, and the hacker was votekicking everyone, all that good stuff you see with hacks.

The funny thing is, everyone hit f12 when i walked in and the votekick landed on me. Im now banned temporarily? because of a newbish hacker enjoying his version of fun, and the utter idiocy of some people.

The irony, oh the irony.

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 5:03 am
People mindlessly press a button when they are too busy with the game. I do it too, sometimes, but yeah, people (including me) need to pay better attention to other things Soldat wise.

.Loki
November 24, 2005, 8:05 am
My favorite is when newbies ask how to vote yes and no when it TELLS THEM on the voting panel.

frogboy
November 24, 2005, 8:16 am
My favourite is when they get vote-kicked from servers and then complain here, as if they think someone cares.

Echo_Trail
November 24, 2005, 12:32 pm
^^...

Dude, why would you be banned? they just votekicked, right? that's only banning for like 15 minutes or so..

numgun
November 24, 2005, 2:32 pm
it was a hack:

an autokick hack: it chooses a target randomly and puts up a kicking vote on the target.
now its up to ppl to decide whether kick or no.
and this repeats all the time, once 1 kick has been voted, another pops up right away.

Tybs
November 24, 2005, 2:42 pm
I love votekicking auto-voters... their vote remains active for about 20 sec, and then there is a short moment where there is no vote active before they start the next. Usually i get the vote ready after 15 seconds, and that moment when the last votebox disappears i initiate the votekick. The only problem is that most people in the server dont pay attention and dont see im the voter this time... and without them voting, he doesnt get kicked :S. Telling them to vote now doesnt work either, not even when u say that the hacker is getting voted...

DePhille
November 24, 2005, 3:28 pm
Many people just vote F12 , if you're not there anymore atleast the votekick doesn't land on you so it means less votekicks. They obviously forget that they need players to play with.

Grtz,DePhille

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 5:13 pm
I said I was temporarily banned, but its Ironic a normal player was banned because of a hacker who should have been banned. Ive made it a habit to always press F11 unless I see someone that deserves to be kicked, then Ill pay attention to the reasons and hit F12. Thats what I meant, by the intelligence of some people; Mindlessly pressing f12.

Echo_Trail
November 24, 2005, 7:00 pm
yeah, it so freakin stupid! i press F11 as well...
it takes the fun out of it..pressing F12 that is..

Tybs
November 24, 2005, 8:51 pm
I cant remember much situations in which i pressed F12 for vote... i didnt even know what buttons to use before i noticed the votekick initialising to the down-left, and the same moment i saw that, i also paid attention to name and reason. Guess some people never read anything ingame though...

Captain Ben
November 25, 2005, 9:25 pm
I only f12 the opposing members of the team ;)