( search forums )
Why do use you use your weapon?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 7:17 pm
I was wondering why you choose your primary weapon, it'd be interesting to know why people use the weapons they do.

For me, I was playing A DM in mr snowman, and these guys kept 2 or 3 hitting me, I was wondering "hmm, I should try that weapon"
So I started using ruger alot, and now I use it as my primary, lately though I've been using Steyr AUG because it's alot funner than the other autos, and I like it's aim.

So, thats me.

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 7:41 pm
I got addicted to m79 cuz I thought it was funner anyhow. But deagles are cool too :O

_Mancer_
November 24, 2005, 7:42 pm
Ruger because its challenging to take one more than one person.

Echo_Trail
November 24, 2005, 7:44 pm
I mainly use mp5, steyer or ak!.. i'm only into auto's!

Mp5 for it's speed and amazing abilities in narrow quarters.

Steyer AUG for it's aim, and still quite nice speed and power. it's sort of a middle thing between mp5 and ak, though it's totally unique!

AK for it's power! and it has some strange stability over it! Mysterious asian powers have been crafted into this ancient weapon of the triads!.. That's why the vietnamese ude it so much!!.. i believe!?

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 7:49 pm
Deagals because it kills people.

Rune
November 24, 2005, 8:12 pm
AK has been my favourite for like 2,5 years now.. 'cause it keeps firing when other guns have to reload.

Chonoryoku
November 24, 2005, 8:13 pm
I use the Minimi for having the longest range of all autos and second highest bullet capacity. The reload time really isn't a problem, because you can take down at least 3 people per clip if you have decent aim. Combined with a SOCOM, it becomes a great weapon for either offense or defense.

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 8:19 pm
I love the Aug. A bit hard to kill with since I don't spray it :o

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 8:43 pm
aug,ak and m79

aug or ak whenever
and m79 in small/close areas

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 9:37 pm
Soccom and deagles.

Deagles are for reload backup, and soccom is primary.

I'm using it mainly cause it's not very different from deagles but has a bigger rate of fire.
It's better than most of the primary (for me).

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 11:10 pm
Spas normally, cause you can just keep firing. However, in my serer, I tend to stick with the Hell's Fury, mainly cause you kill everything you see with it.

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 11:23 pm
The Minimi feels more personal to me as not many people use it and I won my first CW with it, but i'm sad that its turning more and more into a slow steyr AUG. Damn those Ruger useing beta testers! [/paranoid]

On a more sane note, I like the AK as it fires for a long time and has the biggest punch of all the autos.

Pr0p3r
November 24, 2005, 11:33 pm
I'm playing with MP5 constantly, cause i love it's spray factor at sustained fire and it's precision at little salvos of 3 to 5 shots, but it's a bit powerless sometimes. and when i'm angry caused by barret lamers, i blow them up with m79 - love it's one shot kills :P

mr. grey
November 24, 2005, 11:42 pm
i use the barrett every now and then but i like the hk mps because it is a little faster reload and i get in close combet too other wise it depends on what im doing and playing also what map

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 11:53 pm
lol I use almost every weapon but its seriously dependant on the situation.

m79: Mostly when im going alternate on B2b, or on map Nuubia. I consider this my favorite weapon.
mp5: Alternate on Laos
Ak: Main route on b2b/run/maya and laos sometimes
Steyr: Usually use this on Voland or laos
Minime: I use it when someone on the opposing team is using a minime, and on kampf.
Barret: I use it only to return flags :p.

Socom: My secondary for m79
Law: My secondary on Run/Laos or B2b main route
Knife: My secondary on kampf and voland

reckon
November 24, 2005, 11:56 pm
Spas cause I pwn with it.
Play with me and youll seeeeeeee.
I havent been a spas my whole soldating career.
I used to aug back in the 1.2-1.2.1 days when I hopped on the soldatin wagon.
Now due to the shift from 1.2.1 to 1.3 I went to spas due to its higher power, after a week of practicing and switching from an auto to a semi, I got it down pretty good.

Now here I am, crashing down on people from above, in a hail of buckshot and gore, dishin out the hurt with a side of pwn.

Captain Ben
November 25, 2005, 12:22 am
I use my gun, mainly because it ejects these little cylinders with a pointed end at sevastating speeds, which causes decent damage to anyone foolish enough to get hit with one in the first place. I'VE NEVER RULED OUT PISTOL WHIPPING, THOUGH.

wormdundee
November 25, 2005, 12:38 am
I use ruger for pretty much the same reason as Mancer. The main reason why it's so challenging is even if someone is severely injured, you still have to take as careful aim as if they were full health. With an auto you can just randomly spray and you're pretty much guaranteed to kill them.

This is why I am so very biased against autos. Heh.

Plus, using ruger gives you amazingly good aim, and it also helps your movement a lot. You have to be moving fast with ruger or you're gonna get screwed.

As for the first weapon I used, might've been the Aug, I'm not sure. But I've been using the ruger pretty much straight for the rest of my "career".

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 1:08 am
Usually I use the AK-74, FN Minimi, or the Ruger as ambush tactics (staying in bushes until some dude comes by, shooting him (hopefully killing him) and then running towards a new position. I use the M79 as a suicide tactic, and fire when I'm right next to a person, cause I can't aim with that thing. :P

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 1:18 am
Because Cr4sh told me too... really >_>

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 4:37 am
i use rugar as i refuse to use 1 hit kills or autos, and rugar is the only good long ranged weapon left. also its challenging, so about the same reason as mancer

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 6:19 am
I use the minigun because its an interesting gun to use well.

SeanCapsAss
November 25, 2005, 9:21 pm
Spas it was the first weapon i ever tried and i enjoyed it. Its one of the harder weapons to use on b2b and uh its really fun on nuubia, kampf, laos, and voland. Its aiming is sorta like a weair slope at long range so its challenging to judge distances or you could just spam bullets ;)

Koon
November 26, 2005, 12:15 am
Deagles because it takes a lot of work to get used to their arc but when you master it they're as good as a ruger. I also enjoy the HK because of its fast reload.

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 12:25 am
I like SOCOM and knife. SOCOM for reliability and fast reload and knife for cheap kills. o:

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 3:23 am
- Desert Eagles: Always have been my most favorite guns. Using them efficiently with a combination of right movement and use of everything available, you get that liquid soldat feeling; Smooth, Quick, and rapid to kill.

- Ruger: Gives me an untouchable feeling...you fly in and pick everyone out with perfect aim before they even damage you significantly.

- Steyr: When im up against barretards, or like the same with Deagles.

- Barret: When im up against an army of M79s.

- Spas/Saw: Upclose fights, (NUUBIA!)

- AK/Minimi: Distanced fights, or when im just up for using it; I especially use them for support fire for teammates.

- M79: Only used for jumping, or when I pick it up and use it as a secondary, or to help fly in and out of areas quickly, then switch to my actual weapon.

Maxx
November 26, 2005, 4:28 am
Spas. I don't really know why, I just love it, and have become really good with it.

It is mah babeh.

Mr. Domino
November 26, 2005, 9:03 am
M79 will always be my primary since I only really play CTF. I just see so much use out of it not just from the rocket boosting, but after much play I've come to appreciate the shot arch. It's perfect for those moments when a barreter is crouched just over a small hill or letting you move around a bit to distract from the incoming M79 shell. I like running past an enemy and boosting off him for the speed and the kill, though having to save my shot until I'm behind the enemy does put me at risk of being killed, but I generally think it's worth it. I think those weapon mods that allow for two M79 shots are insane. :^)

Otherwise, I'll use Ruger for defense if I see an enemy hoard rushing in since the M79 sucks against multiple targets, and I just don't use Deagles enough to get used to their curved shot paths, even though I think they're a better weapon. When trying to return in a heavily barret camped area, I'll switch to an auto (no really preference), just to bink them to hell.

Secondary is always the Socom. I don't trust my knife skills enough to use it. Lately, I've gotten in the habit of tossing away my secondary to pick up whatever primary is on the ground, which I know should be common practice but is something I've never really bothered with until recently.

bl00dy_n0se
November 26, 2005, 1:07 pm
I took the Ruger in 1.2.1 because I wanted to play and master a weapon which (especially at this time) needs more than just holding down the fire button! In 1.2 I started playing the Minimi, but as I got flamed in 1.2.1 for it (Anyway, it wasn't fun anymore) I thought about a change, so I had to decide between Spas and Ruger, I didnt want to play Barret, I hated that weapon at this time...
I can't remember why I took Ruger instead of Spas, maybe it is kinda faster than the Spas and I love the very fast gameplay of soldat, I dont know ;/

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 6:25 pm
I use AK47 the most ,but I use all wp alot

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 7:40 pm
I don't have any favourite primary / secondary weapon at all, though sometimes I encounter a period of time when I prefer one kind of weapons ( autos, semi-autos, osk ) to the others..

My choice often depends not only on the map but also on what is the preferred weapon on the server or of the enemy team.

Barret does wonders against m79 gangs, if barret is banned, I substitute it with ruger.
HK / Steyr are quite useful against barreters, Steyr is also my champion for Run and HK for Vietnam / Laos / Maya.
m79 / Spas come in handy while playing maps like Voland or Kampf. Spas, for me, is also the most effective weapon to use in Nuubia. m79 seems to be a good choice against servers crowded with sprayers.

I usually use soccom as a secondary accompanying osk weapons and knife with autos / semi autos.

Pigtard
November 27, 2005, 2:48 am
Ruger = Because it's challenging to use like Mancer said.

Law = Same reason.

Outcast
November 27, 2005, 4:43 am
AK at the moment. I just love the way you can destroy a whole team with perfect aim when on a good roll :> Can be frustrating on other days though ;S

GAMEOVER
November 27, 2005, 5:40 am
I can and do use almost all weapons, they're all useful. Some people know me for certain primarys over others I guess those same primarys just fit my playing style. Ruger, lots use it but close to none use it effectively I could only name a few. AK, generous clip comes in handy for me against laggers where I cant afford for a ruger shot not to register.

vash763
November 27, 2005, 6:28 am
In 1.2.1 I used the Barret, then I switched over to the Deagles. 1.3 came and I was still using the Deagles, I found that you really can shoot fairly far with them.

Then I migrated to the m79, now I hate that gun, I'm all for the Ruger now.

Through 1.2.1 I used the LAW, now I use my knife and my accuracy goes up and down.

Deleted User
November 27, 2005, 8:59 am
i use mp5 because its firing fast and reload are small

i use ak and steyr too in secondary ussocom or knife

metal123
November 27, 2005, 6:00 pm
HK mp5 - shoots fast but sprays eveywhere, can curve to hit people you couldent normaly hit
Barret - When I feal bored and want to camp

ZiggyK
November 27, 2005, 6:13 pm
I use the AK(on mine it's an M-16) mainly because I have it set to the right specs, I set ALL off my guns to around 600 speed to ;) and I run my own server so I use the ak because of it's awsome killing power but it has alot of kick on my settings.

Deleted User
November 27, 2005, 11:48 pm
I use the M79 and Saw because they're the funnest and most violent weapons in my opinion.

lithium
November 28, 2005, 2:11 am
Depends.

CTF matches - AK or Deagles for power and accuracy, MP5 for speed and spray.

DM/TDM/HTF matches or just messing around - SPAS all the way for it's amazing power. I love it in small TDM matches because you can afford to take on two or three opponents at a time.

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 4:47 am
Spas and LAW for every map. I usually suck at the Spas, but I use it anyways. When I have it out, it usually helps.
I just got back into the LAW, and it's hard for me sometimes. I always smile when I kill someone though.