( search forums )
Game control schemes
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
November 25, 2005, 2:11 pm
If a game were made where each gun had 3 firing modes that were assigned to 3 different mouse buttons, do you think it will be tedious playing the game?

just speculation

Captain Ben
November 25, 2005, 2:14 pm
Like burst, full auto and grenade (second barrel)?
I think it would be hard at first, but then easy once you got the hangovit.

Pr0p3r
November 25, 2005, 2:17 pm
maybe for a futuristic totally mod in soldat.
i don't think that more firemodes for mp5 or ak are fun to play, because it's not only unrealistic, but ANTIrealistic with them. but, as i told, for a totally mod it's a good idea, for example like the shock rifle modes in UT or a rocket launcher with grenades as secondary fire mode...

//oops, topic missed

November 25, 2005, 2:21 pm
well, i guess so, but wouldn't the weapon be overpowered? i mean, on multiplayer, if weapons were l-ike that, wouldn't it waste the buttons? I mean, like melee, or throw nade, or other actions commonly found in games?

papasurf31
November 25, 2005, 3:09 pm
My mouse has 2 buttons... :(

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 4:01 pm
o: I have a five-button mouse so that would so cool to have grenade as one of them! The select-fire thing is okay, but it's very unfair for those like PS31. =3

Echo_Trail
November 26, 2005, 1:10 am
i'll adjust movement, so that i move around with the arrow keys, and i'll use the X and Y angle in mouse as different key patterns.. that way i'll have unlimited firering options :P

rabidhamster
November 26, 2005, 1:58 am
i temporarily adjusted my soldat controls.

left- fire
middle- switch weaps
right- grenade

just an experiment.

November 26, 2005, 6:44 am
I meant middle mouse button as an actual firing button... and although i don't believe it:

Quote Spartan III:
All gamers should have at least 3 mouse buttons, if they do not, they are not a gamer

?
November 26, 2005, 5:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117I meant middle mouse button as an actual firing button... and although i don't believe it:

Quote Spartan III:
All gamers should have at least 3 mouse buttons, if they do not, they are not a gamer

Or they need to save money....

November 26, 2005, 11:57 pm
yeah...

What about attachments? Im thinking if a gun were to have an attachment (like nade launcher) it would have to sacrifice accuracy, and ammo count. So if the weaps were seperate, the nade launcher could have 8 nades maybe, but when attached, it would drop down to 4...

Captain Ben
November 27, 2005, 4:37 am
quote:Originally posted by 117I meant middle mouse button as an actual firing button... and although i don't believe it:

Quote Spartan III:

You know, some people like to... like, eat?