( search forums )
ur first moments in soldat? : )
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
numgun
November 25, 2005, 3:24 pm
i made this topic coz im just curious how was it like to play soldat for the first time?

my own story begins somewhere in... Egypt! (im serious)
Egypt --> bahariya osasis. (500km to south from kairo)
it was a vacation in egypt, and we went in to the middle of nowhere where there was just only sand around.
we were in a hotel, which happened to have a computer, with internet connection! ([CENSORED]ing wierd, isnt it?)
the people in hotel let me use that comp, and i went to the internet...
after a little surfing i found this page: www.acid-play.com
i checked the popular games section and i found... soldat. rating:98%
i downloaded it and did all the setups and i turned it on...
after a little ''messing'' around i found how to start a game.
the controls were easy to get used to and soon i was allready able to play soldat properly. i soon learned how to move, use weapons(exept for minigun), throwing nades (the first nade was painfull : x) and setting up games... and i played it for 4 hours and i liked it. xD
and that was version 1.1.5 at that time.

please tell your first experience of soldat!

Pr0p3r
November 25, 2005, 3:39 pm
My 1st Moment of Soldat wasn't soooo spectacular.

It was a rainy Day in March, i think, and i releasized that Counter-Strike is the biggest [CENSORED] ever. And i was also at a Freewaregames-Trip these Days. So i surfed the internet and found Soldat. Yeah, good rating, so i downloaded it. After a few newbie problems i laerned how to play it and started my first bot match - and it was like *Bamm-Bamm-Dead* *Spawn* *Tecker-Tecker-Tecker-Tecker-Dead* *Spawn* *Baff-Dead*
My mood was nearly to suicide, but i kept playing and playing and playing and realized how much fun Soldat is...
And that was my little Soldat-Story, and i hope, that it never ends...

Swebonny
November 25, 2005, 4:01 pm
Lol my first moment was:

I was in the fileplanet.com page and saw Soldat 1.1.4. Yeah there it begun. In almost 3 month i thougt the bots was oline PLAYER omg so dumb i was...i was 11 on that time :p

Captain Ben
November 25, 2005, 9:23 pm
I was in Papua New Guinea when I found Soldat, and risked downloading it, and with the slow connections in PNG, It took 10 and 45 minutes!
Very much fun, but I didn't enjoy the online play...
And that was 1.2

Echo_Trail
November 26, 2005, 12:43 am
i don't think i ever experienced a first moment! suddently i just woke up, and came to realize: wow! serial kill!

Veritas
November 26, 2005, 12:49 am
Wasn't really spectacular at all, got a message this summer from a good friend telling me to check out this one game since I was into Liero...

(If anyone of you played Liero some time this summer using the Modern Weapons mod you're almost guaranteed to have been pwned by me.)

... So I checked out thing this called Soldat, went through the setup and chose my colours (I still use the same) and then started a game, airpirates, with a couple of bots, first thing that happens is that some bot does a smackdown on me with a nade. So I'm sitting there, looking at my corpse and waiting for the respawn timer to reach 0, and I think to myself

OMGZORS, THIS PWNZ

I've been addicted since.

Stern
November 26, 2005, 3:54 am
I also found this through liero. My friend found out about this game, and told me about it. I didn't really think to download it, but one day i finally did. I had a 56k modem, and it took forever. It was completely worth it though. This was in 1.1.something.

DeLarge
November 26, 2005, 6:42 am
My friend showed me Soldat.

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 7:45 am
Some guys that I'm associated with online told me about it. First time I played I used the AUG. I think I ended up winning 25-6 or something like that. I was naturally good at it. Then 1.3 came out ;_; (<3 1.3 I just suck at it)

Michal
November 26, 2005, 4:05 pm
Back a few years ago I didn't have an internet connection at home, so whenever I went to my dad's place (he had DSL) I would download as many games as I could and eventually put it on a CD...
I don't remember when I first installed and played soldat (1.05 I think), but I started actually playing at the time when I should have been studying for my grade 9 exams :P
Of course it was offline against bots, but it was still good fun. I even made a few maps, but they weren't very good.
Around a year later I got internet at home and I started playing online (had to download 1.2), I found it easier than playing against bots, and I was actually pretty good.
I kind of missed out on the noob experience, since I already had my player configured, I knew the default maps, and knew all the controls :P

Maka
November 27, 2005, 4:59 pm
Well, for me it envoled a rain, the M79, some bots which were frozen still, and one of thoose rare 'it can do that!??' moments.

bl00dy_n0se
November 27, 2005, 8:18 pm
My first Soldat moment was a "law-only-match" with me and my friends on LAN. We didnt know how to shot with law at first, but we tried our best and after half an hour we got it :)

?
November 27, 2005, 8:28 pm
I played years ago, it seems like about 5 or 6 years... back at about 1.0.5 or something like that, I used an auto... I can't remember which one, I just remember it was crazy, my brother was yelling at me to throw nades and run this way and that way, and I died alot.... good times

GARAoftheDESERT
November 28, 2005, 2:47 pm
I was told about soldat by one of my friends in 2002. He gave me the URL and i downloaded it. He also had a dedicated server (comp made out of legos btw) Soon i was ok, but i lacked the conection to be very good. Now I've got cable and I am finaly moving from the intermedeate to pro stage.

Dark_Noddy
November 28, 2005, 5:43 pm
I was at my friends house and they were playing one on one. I had a go and pawned my friend ;D (since that day he has hated the game) when I got home I downloaded :D (1.1.3)

CottonTheMoth
November 30, 2005, 4:01 am
Saw my brother playing it downstairs, and since he was playing it, it must have been good. :D

I've played for about 3 years, don't know exact dates though.. :P

karmazon
November 30, 2005, 4:13 am
My first time, it was a rainy day and I felt so lonely, then sat next to me and whispered "are you lonely" i just looked in her big brown eyes and we started kissing passionetly then I penetrated her, and punched her in the back of the head repeatedly. good times

and then i started playing soldat 1.1.5 version using mp5 back when it was the worst weapon in soldat

Captain Ben
November 30, 2005, 4:50 am
Who's 'then'?

karmazon
November 30, 2005, 4:53 am
my doll

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 6:14 am
I was playing at school against year 12 champs in Inf_outpost on bravo, and I was acing them with the turret. Thats when I began to think how cool it was, and I also remembered, on every game, I rule when I'm on a turret.

nfsjunkie91
December 3, 2005, 4:57 am
Perrott told me about soldat, i started playing, and my first gun was *gasp* minigun. That was October 1st. 2 months going strong. yay.

Rabble
December 3, 2005, 5:54 am
well, when i was in ide say about 6th grade (im in 10th now), my old friend and his brother had a new obsession, soldat. He was so into the game, and so was his brother. I can remember him telling me crap about how his brother is like the [CENSORED] nd stuff, and how he was in clans etc. etc. So of course, being a new soldatian, i used the mingun 1st (lol). I soon realized wow this thing sucks major (ill censor this word myself), and then started using other weapons. Till this day im still playin this damned game!!

Saint-Cross
December 4, 2005, 2:08 am
I started playing two months ago, I found it by a guy who posted a list of about 30-50 free games on a small MMO forum I joined.Soldat was on the top of the list and I fell in love w/ the game after downloading it.It was a nice break from RTS games and laggy 3D FPS ( I rarely lag on Soldat. xP ) Then the guy who ran the forum hired me to work at his new console & PC gaming site. :P Soldat got me a job, basically. :D

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 4:56 am
My first moment in soldat online was great, but I was kind of confused. I felt real special when I was killing people in 1 shot with barret, it was like an orgasm =)

Veritas
December 6, 2005, 11:28 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonmy doll

Dude, donkey punching a doll doesn't do anything.

criddo
December 9, 2005, 1:17 am
I started playing with 1.1.3b, which I found in a PC Mag. It took me a few weeks to get the hang of it and find out how to fly and stuff (I didn't read the manual). I played with bots for the first few months until I thought i was good enough to play multiplayer.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 12:47 pm
well my first moments in soldat were pretty dumb, i was in the eaton centre in toronto, and i went to radioshack. there was a computer that had some 2d game playing on it so i went over and pressed the arrow keys to move around, but it still wouldnt move so all i basically did was shoot at admiral and billy with an m79, then i went to the exit menu, and i found out the games name was soldat........so yay

numgun
December 9, 2005, 1:19 pm
hahahah! first play then notice the name... thats new! :P

Shadowmancer
December 9, 2005, 9:27 pm
My first moment wasn't long ago...in fact it was only a week ago! I was messing around on the school servers, but since I didn't have admin rights I couldn't install anything - it drove me CRAZY! However, me and a friend soon found Soldat (belive it or not, it was installed on the admins account!). Seeing as the admin played it, we didn't need a password to install it and soon it became the biggest LAN game for us to play at the back of PC class! For so much fun, thank you Soldat!

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
December 11, 2005, 4:45 pm
My cousin called me ad said:omg i found this very cool game come to my house immediately!So i went there andwhen i first saw it, it looked like a bull[CENSORED] game and i said:no way im trying this crap.
But then he pursuaded me to try and i was like:amagad.
Thats how i started playing (1.2.1)

shoover
December 12, 2005, 12:17 am
It was when 1.2.1 was out,

I had dialup which meant lag problems for me, In equinox i went 2-19 when i used barret, next game i was 3-21 (same map), Then i went 13-13, began at least 36 games with at least 10 kills, then i just went so-so for the next 6 months

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 1:15 am
i saw a banner(sig) at a forum, went to the link downloaded, chose the stryr aug, pwned the bots, choose m79 and won many matches, the end :P
about 2 years ago

CrazyKid980
December 18, 2005, 9:54 am
First moment, I was really bored at some of the games I've been playing for a while. I decided to go search for a fun multiplayer game. Saw Soldat 1.2, looked cool, downloaded it, "sweetness...". Never looked at the manual, it was quite easy to learn. Ak-47 was my first weapon to choose and did pretty well (I think it was 14-10). Arena was the first, and soon became my favorite map to play.

Deleted User
December 18, 2005, 12:14 pm
Eh, a while ago, a freind of mine showed me the game and was like "Dude, this game totally rocks, you should play it!" I was rather hesitant to play by the looks of it, I never got into it, it kind of sat on my computer for several weeks until he pushed me to play some games with him. At first it was like "...Ok??" Well, it grew on me and within a few days I was playing it for hours, and soon even obsessed about playing more. I began in 1.2.1, DMing. I remember my first DM with other people too...There was this one guy in aqua named like ken or something and I remember competing with him with barret out of fun, i didnt win. Bwahaha...

Outcast
December 18, 2005, 12:35 pm
I don't remember <_<

KCCT00kie
December 18, 2005, 4:28 pm
A clan member found 1.3 on the internet like 2 months ago, since I played it, I'm addicted to it :O.
Especially when i pwned some majors on a (WM) server :P

Jenkins
December 21, 2005, 12:23 am
My friend showed me soldat, i thought it was the crappest ever. Then i played it and found out how awesome it really was. I have played no other console since.

DragonSlayer
December 21, 2005, 3:11 am
To be honest, I can't remember my first Soldat experience. I don't even remember what version was out when I first found out about Soldat. You see, my old PC couldn't run Soldat so I never started actively playing it until 1.1.3 (2½ years ago and some months or so) when I got my new computer.

I remember playing with a good friend of mine. I can't remember my first moments but I remember having fun barret duels in maps like ratcave and storm. I'm not even sure were those duels from 1.1.3 times, though. But still, that was a long time ago.

Cookie.
December 23, 2005, 5:09 am
First moments were getting raped by a barret for like 10 minutes straight and thinking this was the [CENSORED]tiest game ever, then I vowed to get revenge on this sniper weilding demon... then I found the forums and from there found the best server ever DNAGAMES.NET where I got raped by superkill every day until I could pwn him ;) ;) ;)

MWTBDLTR
December 23, 2005, 8:37 am
I actually found out about soldat from tv. If anyone watched G4, im sure you do. On attack of the show on *free play friday* they freaured it. I wrote it on a piece of paper, lost that piece of paper for about 2-3 months, found it one day, realized what it was and proceded to download it. You can guess what happaned from there

Edit: can someone help me to get my freind to play this, he complaint that you can barly see the ppl since i play in window mode and he refuses to download it and play me. Hes a counter strike guy so i tell him hes gonna love it, but noooo... There this big

Ebby
December 23, 2005, 9:39 am
Not that long ago I was looking for a fun multiplayer game, and a friend messaged me during my search to ask me for something, and I told them to wait while I searched - The next second they sent me a link to soldat, and told me to look around. I did, obviously, and it looked pretty good. (Yay, so exciting!)

@ MWTBDLTR: (complicated name)CS players are hard to convince. They stick like glue to that game, good luck.

santa
December 25, 2005, 5:01 am
i was riding on my 1659 ford mustang at 200 miles an hour and then a cop caught me and got me to pull over. he told me about www.acid-play.com so i'm like "eat my shorts!" and drove away to my house. i turn on my labtop and went to the site and saw that soldat was most populest. so i downloaded it and there i was.

Agressor1
December 27, 2005, 3:14 am
Started the day 1.3.1 came out, totally used to it (Sucks for you people in previous versions, i'm hella used to 1.3.1) and I started out not even knowing where to go from the start of the menu, I thought I had to register to play... so I registered at the forums, found out the guy ment paying money for special benifits-- even then that's only if you WANTED to. Anyways, I found out by my friend and I played on some big server and came in second place with a 45-2. Never actually sucked at it and am a proud Barretta-USSOCOM/Knife user.
Be prepared for my sniper shot and 3 SOCOM shots to follow.

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 3:23 am
all happen 1 year and 6 months ago, i buyed a game magazine and had soldat in a cd they [CENSORED] ofering.
only 2 months later i decieded to install soldat but i thought the dedicated server was the game(very noob 2 years ago) so i unistalled soldat. 6 month later i decedided to install it again and this time clicked on soldat.exe(huraaaa!!!!!!)
it was version 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 i think and i liked!!!!
first week only played with bots ok, and also discovered v1.2.1 was out
so i download it. also ive played my first online match at school(i do [CENSORED] there so i played it)

zzzzzz

Tastychiken
December 27, 2005, 8:48 pm
my first experience, i got the steyr killed some guy thought i was soooo cooool... then i got a grenade right in the head and got blasted to pieces.. i laughed so hard! :p

btw that was a few days ago.. Cookie do you play with that name to? think i saw a guy called cookie in a dm game... that guy pawned me pretty bad :p

random hawk
December 27, 2005, 10:34 pm
i remeber my first time with soldat...ahhh good ole noobage i kinda miss that, anyways ,i found soldat 1day when i was searchign for online games ,i saw a screenshot for it and DL'd once i sucked pretty bad for a while since i couldnt start a new game ( i didnt know how jeez i was dumb) i played online, but eventually i got better and better and im doing great these days....i used mp5 while wearing full white back then....and i still do today

3rd_account
December 29, 2005, 4:28 am
Googled for Liero Xtreme and found Soldat instead. It was 1.0.2b and I showed it to a friend. He got bored after a month and started having sex instead... I still play Soldat :E

Cookie.
December 29, 2005, 4:57 am
quote:Originally posted by Tastychikenmy first experience, i got the steyr killed some guy thought i was soooo cooool... then i got a grenade right in the head and got blasted to pieces.. i laughed so hard! :p

btw that was a few days ago.. Cookie do you play with that name to? think i saw a guy called cookie in a dm game... that guy pawned me pretty bad :p

Might have been, for a couple of days I just kept hitting the same pub over and over again. My soldat was all white with yellow jets... used the AK.. the only person that beat me was El Gato I think

Deleted User
December 29, 2005, 5:26 am
It was a dark and stormy night... me and my team of jet pilots were on a short mission over Iraq.

Something went wrong... red lights flashing everywhere! frantically I searched for the Eject button, and found it.

I saw only the jetstreams of my fellow pilots, as they rushed into the night.
I hit the ground with caution, dropped my parachute and looked closely around.

I knew I was an easy target for any snipers that would be on the lookout. this place seemed to be heavily guarded.

I saw a crack in the wall on the house not so far away. I timed my run, not to be hit by the spotlights from the guard towers. I made it.

the crack in the wall went to a cellar. it was dark there. all I could here was sounds. sounds of guns being fired.
I looked into the room where the sound came from. there I saw.. no, it couldnt be..

SADDAM HUSSEIN.

he was busy playing some PC game, so I sneaked up on him, and punched him in the head so he fainted.
I thought I would see what he was up to on the PC, so I tested it.. it was some 2D shooter game.

he played with a minigun under the name "yourself" and after some testing of the game, I figured it had nothing to do with contacting the Al-Quaida, and it was just a cool game... so after calling for help and having me and the fainted beard ball (saddam) extracted back to HQ, I went home and downloaded the game.

ofcorse not so spectacular as your trip to egypt :D

Agressor1
December 29, 2005, 7:03 am
Psycho!
that similiar thing happened to me too.
but instead of Saddam, it was Abraham Lincoln, he was at a theatre and I was sneaking up on him to assassinate him and I noticed he wasn't actually watching the play, he was on his laptop playing some game, I shot him in the back of his head, stole his laptop and jumped off the theatre and broke my legs, shortly after all the legal stuff and hospital treatment, I saw this Nazi Soldier beating on some guy with curly side-burns, and I remembered SOLDAT, that was what was on the laptop!

10 minutes later I was on Lincolns laptop playing Soldat, but all this damn beastiality kept popping up. That and penis enlargment pills. (I think the hat was compensation for his YOU-KNOW-WHAT)

Tastychiken
December 29, 2005, 11:40 am
it was you cookie! ^^
i was there with my previous name i think

MegaJohnny
January 15, 2006, 10:51 pm
Hmm... Last week I was searching for images on Google and one of the images was in a forum. I decided to read what the topic was about and whaddaya know it was about Soldat. I liked how it was only 11mb in size, so I downloaded it and scanned the setup for viruses and it was clean =). so I setup Soldat and I played in a CTF game before I had found out how to change my name, colours etc. The controls were easy to learn, but I didn't know how to jet boost until I looked at the player screen =).

-MegaJohnny

P.S.: yup, only last week it was, I'm a n33b =(

Eagles_Arrows
January 15, 2006, 11:35 pm
Hmm...first moment...

The first server I joined was U13.net's. I think it was ctf_run. By the time I spawned as an Alpha team member, I have already been blasted by an m79 or a grenade. I respawned and began running with Desert Eagles to the Bravo base. No one was at the base, so I ran like a happy-go-lucky kid and grabbed their flag. Suddenly, three Bravo team members spawned and shot me with a shotgun, mp5, and a grenade. I had it comin'.

Zegovia
January 16, 2006, 9:33 am
I first heard of soldat from another forum where they posted a thread about it.

When i first played it i whas really excited, each weapon i tried out whas so damn fun to use. and all in the beginning i didnt even know you could play against other players (without registering!) so i faced off against bots for a sure loong time.

"hey look whats that join button for? *click* OMG!!!! servers!!!!111" LOL

when i found out how to paly against other players,loads of fun where about to beginn, and i tell you I SUCKED BACK THEN!!

I dont remember wich version it whas (i whasnt paying attention to that kinda stuff), then i joined this forum to seek people to discuss and play with.

Those where good times, i wich i could go back and live em through.

Blademaster
January 16, 2006, 4:49 pm
My brother used to play it, it looked fun so I started playing it to after a while I got bored and started using secondary weapons only started off as Blademaster with knife then JaSoN with the chainsaw Lawyer with (guess) law, and I didn't used the ussocom yet....