( search forums )
Heres what lag is.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
shoover
November 25, 2005, 4:02 pm
Ok, since A**Holes keep thinking ppl are noobs for saying lag. Heres a list of how lag works in soldat, and how it does affect the game.

1. if the shots are missed, its lag cause of the delay of the person really been there.

2. if u get hit by law thats not there, its not lag, because its a bug.

3. if you dont know how you died, its a small lag point that delays the time that you die (u dont know how you died)

4. if you got shot and died off bullets that have yet to get there. Its lag because of delay.

5. if you just die of no reason w/no1 around, same thing as 3, only u prolly just killed yourself falling on the floor, or it was a TK.

6. if the game freezes, but every1 still moved and killed you. Its probably because of you (somtimes its server) because what other people see is you just starring at you. Meaning that you cant react to the connection and you will just stare there.

7. If you died because of somebody and you cant see the bullets, well, they probably sniped u, or it was a delay that you couldn't see clearly.

rabidhamster
November 25, 2005, 4:20 pm
about 7: somethimes bullets become invisible as a result of lag.

a-4-year-old
November 25, 2005, 4:58 pm
who doesn't know this?

why post at all?

November 25, 2005, 5:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by shooverOk, since A**Holes keep thinking ppl are noobs for saying lag.
Perhaps you should consider that people don't want people saying "zomg lag" every time they get killed, since it's pretty pointless

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 5:14 pm
The moral of this thread, dial up sucks, so don't come in my server if you have it.

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 5:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by CryptoThe moral of this thread, dial up sucks, so don't come in my server if you have it.

Well not all people have the chance (or money?) to have high speed connections
(and i bet we all had dial-up first),
so don't be so cocky.

shoover
November 25, 2005, 6:40 pm
hey 4 year remember me?

Ok anyways, the reason why i post this is beacuse to summon up what happens when something becomes unfair to you. in terms called lag, as we say it. not "omg, that bullet never even hit me", otherwise it would turn into an even bigger conversation then lag does usually

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 6:41 pm
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR OKHEY KAPTIN THX 4 UR HELP.

frogboy
November 25, 2005, 9:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stickyquote:Originally posted by shooverOk, since A**Holes keep thinking ppl are noobs for saying lag.
Perhaps you should consider that people don't want people saying "zomg lag" every time they get killed, since it's pretty pointless
Yes, and it's not going to make the lag go away either. In fact, complaining about the lag creates more packets for the game to send, which can increase lag even more.

...alright, I bull[CENSORED]ted. But it's still not going to make the lag go away.

Michal
November 25, 2005, 10:36 pm
quote:Ok, since A**Holes keep thinking ppl are noobs for saying lag. Heres a list of how lag works in soldat, and how it does affect the game.
Yes, peope who say 'lag' are noobs, because lag is a simple fact of the game which you should be used to by now.
You just have to accept that what happens in the game, whether it's bugs or lag, happens.
There's nothing that can be done but whining about it doesn't help.

Echo_Trail
November 26, 2005, 12:49 am
lag is what happens when you die.. well, for me anyway :P

the other day i was playing at leo's! my computer suddently freaked out, and when the lagging was over, i was of somehow godly! i simply couldn't die!:D it was awesome! i couldn't kill anyone either, but i just ran to bravo's base, and everyone totally freaked out!
ofcourse there was the usual [CENSORED]ers screaming up about: "OMG, h4x0r!" and all, but i play there alot, and i'm known not to hack! after a couple of minutes i rejoined and all was fine, but it felt damn wierd! ppl was like: "dude, what was that all about" and stuff! really cool :D

well, just thought i'd let you know =)

Taz
November 26, 2005, 2:42 am
yeah lag does suck.

it's really only a meaningful factor for soldat players on dial up, but there are ways to reduce your lag playing on dialup through exiting processes in the background that may be eating up your bandwith and other ways. blaming lag doesn't make you a noob though, it makes you well, a victim of lag. if you are a dial up player in a game with a large difference in ping between you and others, just take your kills over them as twice the murder. if you're pinging like 200 on a server, just leave, it probably won't get better.

and of course if lag is really bothering you a lot, you can always just barret the whole game and camp XD.

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 3:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Michalquote:Ok, since A**Holes keep thinking ppl are noobs for saying lag. Heres a list of how lag works in soldat, and how it does affect the game.
Yes, peope who say 'lag' are noobs, because lag is a simple fact of the game which you should be used to by now.
You just have to accept that what happens in the game, whether it's bugs or lag, happens.
There's nothing that can be done but whining about it doesn't help.

MM, there shouldnt BE lag like this at all. Hes not whining, hes telling the morons out there who think its an excuse when something lame like dying in 2 hits from deagle bullets from serious lag. Im sorry Michal, but 1.3 is bugged up the arse with serious lag issues, and it affects peoples gameplay.

I dont recall it ever being this bad in 1.2.1, and I dont think the servers just suddenly got crappier all of a sudden.

frogboy
November 26, 2005, 3:23 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtracideMM, there shouldnt BE lag like this at all. Hes not whining, hes telling the morons out there who think its an excuse when something lame like dying in 2 hits from deagle bullets from serious lag. Im sorry Michal, but 1.3 is bugged up the arse with serious lag issues, and it affects peoples gameplay.

I dont recall it ever being this bad in 1.2.1, and I dont think the servers just suddenly got crappier all of a sudden.

1. That's not Michal Marcinkowski.
2. I'd like to see you write a game with no bugs or lag.

shoover
November 26, 2005, 4:55 am
Ya, where did you even get me being mike?

Look, to all that are even wondering why people put this up. I have
to tell you, saying lag isnt for ppl that are noobs, lag isn't an excuse to make them feel better, lag is just, computer related that can't be fixed.

What i am posting is why ppl (and even me) say lag. In terms, its one of these reasons that i posted, thats it.

Example:

Johnsomebody: lag
Otherdude: sure

What i am saying here is that Johnsomebody probably experienced one of the 7 reasons i posted, otherwise if we said it, wed say:

Johnsomebody: no im serious, the bullets never hit me
otherdude: just deal with it.

{ Kick: otherdude

Voter: Johnsombedoy
Reason: a [CENSORED] }

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 1:18 pm
You should see lag on dial up. people disapear, jump everywhere (thank god I got ADSL).

Snipedmyself
November 26, 2005, 9:27 pm
frog boy
-#1 haha. loosers.

and what this post is for-

those lubes that say lag for every death.
before you type "laaaaggyyyee" run the 7 through your head (more than 7- maybe to be added)

November 26, 2005, 10:47 pm
The first year or so I played soldat was entirely on dial-up. I had a ping of 300+ in nearly every single game. I loved every second of it.

Echo_Trail
November 27, 2005, 8:57 pm
guys, how come there even IS a post, regarding what lag is?
FFS, everyone knows!
This is just stupid!..

Kaider
November 27, 2005, 11:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Echo_Trailguys, how come there even IS a post, regarding what lag is?
FFS, everyone knows!
This is just stupid!..

I agree Mr. Box Bunny

?
November 28, 2005, 5:54 pm
A little show:
Idiot(1): OOGLEZZ!! I SO HITZOREDZZZZ JU!
Idiot(2): NAAANNUUUU LAGGY!!!
Idiot(1): IM REPORTING YOU TO THE ADMIN
Idiot(2) I AM ZE ADMINYZOR!
Idiot(1): NO WAY THATS JUST LAG!!!

:D

-VzX- Silverflame
November 28, 2005, 6:40 pm
shoover, shoover, shoover, we all know what lag is ( cept for noobs ) and we learned to deal with it ok? why the post any way?

Deleted User
November 28, 2005, 7:52 pm
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL.

Oh, and LOL.

I always thought that was the actual MM LOL.

Regardless, there shouldnt be this much lag, or such horrid bugs occuring from it. MM isnt perfect, but 1.3 was a downgrade of 1.2.1 in my opinion. People shouldnt be labeled 'noobs' because lag is messing up their gameplay.

a-4-year-old
November 29, 2005, 11:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by shooverhey 4 year remember me?

no... *doesn't make eye contact*

*slowly steps backwards*

this topic should go into the sea of forgotten retarded topics, this marks the 1000000000000000000000000th retarded n00b topic extravaganza! this is that wonderful time of year where we thank all the mods/admins who put up with all this spam/flaming. so thank you mods/admins for making this community with a bunch of immature soldatters, a very fun place to post useless crap all day!

(^-^)