( search forums )
Body Parts When Hit / Blood Bar
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Yuth
November 27, 2005, 12:51 am
When a part of the body gets hit...

(The arm etc)

And it would pop off.
But not that you'd die (yet), you just lost an arm.

If you lose both arms you can't carry a weapon.
But you sure as hell can kick (Bouncing back on the Flying Kick topic) *Smiles*

Also, by losing a foot, you have only one foot to Bump & Grind with. ^^
If you lose both feet you fall down on your tummy. (Slow death as the blood poors out of your feet)

Yes, you are probably thinking that it would suck to lose your weapons that fast.
But then let's say if a certain thrust applies, then, and only then, will you lose a part.

So say... The body parts has damage limits for what will happen to that part when hit.

When a certain limit of damage is brought upon a player's body part...
Let's say 200-300 damage breaks the part in two.
Let's say 1000 damage makes the part blow into many pieces.
(And so on)
(I just think it's rather boring that the parts remain whole until blowing up.) Don't you ?

The other thing, I would like to import into this topic; is the Blood Bar.

When you are shot, you lose blood.
And we all know that when you lose enough blood; you won't be able to go on.

So say, the body collapses and you fall down after losing a certain limit of the Blood Bar.
(Might be the last tad of the bar)

But as you reach that limit, you can still shoot.
But when you got nothing on the Blood Bar; you die.

So as the blood drains out of your wounds, the Blood Bar slowly turns empty.

This might be hard to create, but it's totally worth it by my opinion.
Would certainly make this game more enjoyable.

The Blood Bar would be the same bar used as HP.

Please judge this topic by all means; it's all opinions all together which makes the final stamp.

FliesLikeABrick
December 1, 2005, 12:19 am
I approved this topic only to see what conversation follows. If it turns into a flame fest i'll be locking it promptly

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 5:38 am
no thanks, its great you thought it out and posted in a indepth way, thinking about it on many angles but i would reather keep my arms

Echo_Trail
December 1, 2005, 7:02 am
yeah, i mean.. it nice initiative! well, it's something anyway!
But absolutely do NOT support this!
Reason: Is Dumb!

numgun
December 1, 2005, 8:08 am
nah... useless i guess. 1 socom shot and let him pump out his blood till death? no thanks!

Tybs
December 1, 2005, 10:23 am
I just think this would make the game too complicated... getting a medpack is useless when u dont have arms anymore. Maybe it would be something for an extra gamemode, but thats about it i think. Keep up with ur ideas though... maybe this one isnt great, but u certainly seem to be creative (like the second-jet idea, that one was good :D)

zyxstand
December 1, 2005, 10:17 pm
lol you let topics like this through flab?

Lolly
December 1, 2005, 11:31 pm
Like so many other things...

quote:This would be awesome for realistic mode...

We sure seem to dump a lot of ideas in realistic mode, though. :\

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 1:59 am
i like this...

Captain Ben
December 2, 2005, 2:12 am
I'd like to see the losing body parts, but not in a way that affects what guns you can or can't use... For example if you lost your left hand. Sure, you could use a socom, hk mp5 and m79, etc, but what about the deagles?
Although I do like the losing feet idea, but seeing how Soldats die quickly enough as it is, I see no harm in them running around on the stumps of their foot-less legs without losing health.

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 2:35 am
The game would become incredibly hard and boring, so thats a no for me.

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 3:45 am
If they made it very realistic, maybe? It sounds kind of fun, especailly for zombies.

Tybs
December 2, 2005, 9:23 am
Ok, so next update we have normal mode, realistic mode, and überrealistic mode? :P

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 12:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by TybsI just think this would make the game too complicated... getting a medpack is useless when u dont have arms anymore. Maybe it would be something for an extra gamemode, but thats about it i think. Keep up with ur ideas though... maybe this one isnt great, but u certainly seem to be creative (like the second-jet idea, that one was good :D)

Possibly an option for Realistic mode?

m00`
December 2, 2005, 1:05 pm
nah, you die too fast in realistic mode, this should have its own mode, mabe something like 'Gore Mode' it would be really sweet especially when your bored to death and want to have some fun, the problem would be implementing it though

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 2:28 pm
i agree with the last one. And it would be really neat with Zombie CTF too... (the one and only =])

nfsjunkie91
December 3, 2005, 5:42 am
I want to lose all my body parts... then ill be like the knight in Monty Python and the holy grail!!!! None Shall Pass!

Tybs
December 3, 2005, 12:36 pm
Think some people will start aiming for the arms and legs only... just to see their enemy suffer :P

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 5:00 pm
I personally can see this making for heaps of fun in a zombie server... Heck, zombies seem so popular there might as well be a game mode, this suggestion, and so on..

Deleted User
December 3, 2005, 5:15 pm
I kinda like it. But if added, it should be definetly in realistic-only.

Swarmer
December 3, 2005, 5:23 pm
Soldat should be kept to a certain degree of simplicity, and this would overdo it.

Rabble
December 3, 2005, 9:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by SwarmerSoldat should be kept to a certain degree of simplicity, and this would overdo it.

so true

Tybs
December 4, 2005, 3:09 pm
I agree that one of the things which makes soldat fun is its simplicity, but by just adding an extra game mode, i dont think it suddenly is a lot more complex... if u dont want to play it u can just go to the modes we have now, and if u get bored every now and then u could switch to this extra mode to have some fun with totally slaughtering ur enemies :P

Yuth
December 5, 2005, 4:12 am
It's only a suggestion...
But adding it to realistic mode would totally rock.

The thing about losing hands could be "If losing, then losing both at once"
And the feet, maybe one foot, and then the other foot afterwards.

Imagine a sniper shooting the foot off someone...
And he's bumping on his remaining foot trying to get revenge.

It would totally rock *Smiles*
*Imagines the guy screaming while shooting his last bullets*

nfsjunkie91
December 6, 2005, 12:51 am
quote:Originally posted by Yuth
It would totally rock *Smiles*
*Imagines the guy screaming while shooting his last bullets*

uhhh... then we would have to implement a new .wav file... c:\soldat\sfx\screamingbloodymurder.wav :P

meh you know, it would be annoying to lose an arm... and then we would also have to add ANOTHER OTHER sfx. softsobsofdeath.wav

A.L.blackhawk
December 6, 2005, 1:48 am
How do you fire a 12 gauge shotgun with one arm, that just like lossing your other arm on its own. i disagree with this but then again no one cares about what i say

Tybs
December 6, 2005, 10:37 am
Everyone cares about what u say as long as it is said in a mature way.

Anyway, i wouldnt like this in realistic mode, but i still stick to the idea to have this as a new "gore" mode or something, like mentioned before. Not necessary, but can be fun when u get bored of the other modes for a moment.

Deleted User
December 7, 2005, 4:24 pm
the suggestion is genius if it is for a 3D game.
but soldat is 2D. leave soldat alone.

p.s.: post the idea to suggestion board of, say, BF3. im sure they'll buy it